Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    . . . What I've heard about Tamaki's run is that it'll build on the Magistrate from Future State. (Which I have almost no interest in from these solicits.)
    But, if Future State takes place in the, you know, "FUTURE", how can you build upon it in later stories that take place before Future State?
    (Unless the Magistrate travels back into "the past" / our "present"?)
    Might be even more reason for me to skip this.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, if Future State takes place in the, you know, "FUTURE", how can you build upon it in later stories that take place before Future State?
    (Unless the Magistrate travels back into "the past" / our "present"?)
    Might be even more reason for me to skip this.
    You're setting up stuff that will appear in Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You're setting up stuff that will appear in Future State.
    But, will Future State be a definite future or a "possible future"?

Why build up to something that may-or-may-not actually happen? And how much of this event was designed to build toward a definite future for DC vs. how much was just an excuse to use material DC had already commissioned and paid for prior to DiDio being shown the door?

Why build up to something that may-or-may-not actually happen? And how much of this event was designed to build toward a definite future for DC vs. how much was just an excuse to use material DC had already commissioned and paid for prior to DiDio being shown the door?
    I think originally it was going to be the future but was re-structured to just be a possible one, and now the current comics are just building off the plan to develop elements introduce in Future State that were originally just meant to be setup for the status quo change.

Possible future. If you’ve read that Alan Moore Twilight of the Gods pitch it’s similar to that in that elements from FS will pop up in the present. The Magistrate will be appearing in Tynion Batman for example. However events may unfold differently that prevents FS from coming to pass.

Astonishing Member

Yes for now, untill it isn't, or they get bord

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yes for now, untill it isn't, or they get bord
    Or we the readers get even more bored?

Astonishing Member

Or we the readers get even more bored?
    Yes but accualy no with a maybe

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think most folks point the finger at the editors versus the writers.

Wilson, Orlando and Tamaki? And an editor can't make that work?
    Under the Harras regime, editorial micromanaging was at an all time high. Plus WW had an editor that wasn’t focused on WW, but the other titles she was grouped with.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just as Claremont was working towards DoFP, despite averting the original assassination of Sen. Kelly.

Not a fan of Tamaki's writing so I will skip this easily. The silver lining to this is Mora is getting more work, I love his art.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As with every possible future, it's the future until it stops selling, then it's averted. The stuff people like rolls into the main line and we keep plugging along until the next big apple cart upset.

Spectacular Member

Dan Mora is a hell of a get for DC (I mean to get him on interiors, I know he's been pumping out covers for them left and right).

He is a truly gifted artist. I hope Tamaki gives him good material.

Between Mora, Jiminez, the duo they've got taking over Superman, and even Marquez on Justice League, you can tell what DC considers to be their house style. Just the same way Stuart Immonen seems like a spiritual precursor to a lot of Marvel artists these days, DC has gone all in on artists with a similar feel to Mora.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Dan Mora is a phenomenal artist but it's not worth losing Once & Future. Really love that book and while I wanted Mora on Nightwing, it was with the condition that he finish Once & Future.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Danmora_c/status...51810083065856

Nevermind. He's a god. This is a win/win.
    Per Gillen's latest newsletter him and Mora are planning on doing 9 issues of Once & Future in 2021...Mora is a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Per Gillen's latest newsletter him and Mora are planning on doing 9 issues of Once & Future in 2021...Mora is a machine.
    Woah...I'll say .