Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

WONDER WOMAN #36
    Written by MEREDITH FINCH
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
    On sale NOVEMBER 19 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Please welcome the new superstar creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch! As this new epic begins, the fate of the Amazons is about to be revealed, major new characters will be introduced and a new villain will arrive with enough power to defeat the combined might of Wonder Woman and her Justice League teammates! Don’t miss the start of this story that guest stars Swamp Thing! It will define what it takes for Diana to fulfill her destiny as Wonder Woman!
    Meh. D'you know what book I'd buy if I wanted to read about the Justice League?

The clue's in the question.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #13
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art and cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    On sale NOVEMBER 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Welcome the new creative team of writer Peter J. Tomasi (BATMAN AND ROBIN) and Doug Mahnke (JUSTICE LEAGUE)! The unity between Superman and Wonder Woman will be tested as never before as a mysterious group of villains make their New 52 debut – but first, Atomic Skull and Major Disaster cause trouble for our favorite heroic couple!
    Meh. D'you know what books I'd buy if I wanted to read about Superman?

There seems to be a pattern developing here.

SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #4
    Written by NEIL KLEID, ROB WILLIAMS and OLLIE MASTERS
    Art by DEAN HASPIEL, TOM LYLE and AMY MEBBERSON
    Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Wonder Woman appears in a trio of tales with some offbeat guest stars! First, Diana and her friend Etta Candy are captured by Ra’s al Ghul, but he’s not the most surprising soul they meet. Then, a Thanagarian menace returns to Earth, and you won’t believe what Diana must do in her battle with Byth! Plus, the London police are confused as to why they caught Catwoman so easily. Fortunately, Wonder Woman is in town to take charge of the situation!
    D'you know what book I would buy if I wanted to read about Wonder Woman?

This one. So I will.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Meh. D'you know what book I'd buy if I wanted to read about the Justice League?

The clue's in the question.
    You totally missed the part where the Justice League are going to get their asses kicked in this story, didn't you?

Strange, I see BOTH Superman and Wonder Woman named in this solicit.

I also see wording that makes it pretty clear that if Major Disaster and Atomic Skull are part of this new villain conspiracy, then they're foot soldiers, at best, and the real masterminds have yet to be revealed.

Only in your mind.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

Yeah, because NONE of the other character's solo books have EVER crossed over before. Seriously, WW fans have really been spoiled by Azz's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, because NONE of the other character's solo books have EVER crossed over before. Seriously, WW fans have really been spoiled by Azz's run.
    So very true.

And not all of us even believe that having no other heroes in Azz's run is a positive in the first place. I certainly don't.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

well Azz is another standart. But I really don't want to see JL all time on her book. it's not like she has a action or detective under her sleeve

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I see the similarity you allude to, but the differences are also pretty glaring.

We don't know Steve won't show up in WW, unless the Finches outright said he's not going to at all.
    if he would show up, they would already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    They said "We want to explore Diana's relationships."

Steve is one of her relationships.

Do the math.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Am I really the only one who is concerned about that whole destiny line in the WW solicitations?

Ultimate Member

Not really. Truth be told I never pay much attention to covers or solicits anyway since the frequently don't accurately reflect what's actually in the issue.

Ultimate Member

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhaa *dies without air*

when they say relationship, they wanna mean a way to put bunch of guys that shouldn't be in the book
    Or they want to bring in some of her other friends/allies, just like they do for other character's books. You're hyperbolic reaction doesn't make that any less true, sorry to break that to you.

Yeah, because NONE of the other character's solo books have EVER crossed over before.
    What does that have to do with... anything? Because something has happened before in other books, everyone always has to enjoy it? Or welcome it?

Besides, this isn't about Diana's solo title suddenly opening the floodgates to the DCnU. I'm simply not interested in the Justice League. I don't buy the main book, nor any of the other team member's solo books. No Supes, Bats, Flash, any of 'em. And so I have no interest in their appearing in a book that I am/might be reading.

You want them to mention every plot point that'll happen in their run?

Again, you don't know he won't show up. You're speculating.

Anyway, this thread is becoming a reminder why I usually don't bother with solicits or previews. It's like people have determined long in advance what will happen, instead of commenting after they read the particular issues.

Wow, that's a lack of creativity for you. No Batman villain could ever pose a threat to WW, that's so ridiculous that it's laughable. Yes, an immortal super-genius with over 600 years of training/experience in numerous different fields who runs a world-wide shadowy empire with nearly unlimited resources. Yes, this guy couldn't possibly pose a challenge to Diana, bull. You know, people constantly whine and complain about THEIR favorite characters being "nerfed" and "disrespected," and then they turn around and say things like this. There's a word for that, hypocrisy. "My character is so awesome that NO ONE should be able to pose a threat because they're so awesome." That kind of attitude is exactly the kind of thing that WW fans complain about, only done in reverse. THAT's disrespectful, that's "pushing" one character at the expense of others. In short, it's the same damn thing that people complain is done at WW's expense.
    It is not lack of creativity but having common sense. Ra's Al Ghul doesn't have superhuman strenght/reflexes/durability. He can't fight Wonder Woman one on one. He's completely outclassed. His near immortality is pointless as are his skills when compared to the godlike powers of Wonder Woman.
    There's no single Batman vallain who can pose a physical threat to Wonder Woman. They are all too weak to fight Wonder Woman one on one. It is not fanboyism... It is a fact.

Astonishing Member

Ra's is one of those characters who just doesn't make sense in a shared superhero universe. It's better to keep him in the Bat-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    What does that have to do with... anything? Because something has happened before in other books, everyone always has to enjoy it? Or welcome it?

Besides, this isn't about Diana's solo title suddenly opening the floodgates to the DCnU. I'm simply not interested in the Justice League. I don't buy the main book, nor any of the other team member's solo books. No Supes, Bats, Flash, any of 'em. And so I have no interest in their appearing in a book that I am/might be reading.
    Its not that you have to enjoy it. Its just that you have to understand that this has been the format of the DCU since the 80s, at least. An attempt at strong universal cohesivesness, which results in guest-stars very, very often. Its not something you have to like though, not by any means. The occasional run that's fully self-contained is more the exception these days rather the rule. Especially a run like Azz's WW which doesn't even name-drop other characters in the verse. I'd come close to saying that's outright unheard of these days.

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #13

This one's just puzzling.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-19-2014 at 03:40 PM.