Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Directors Bert & Bertie on their way to the Hawkeye set this morning in Canton, 26-02-2021

Bruh how do you keep up posting almost anything regarding the MCU lmao.
    Anyways, good job.

I can't wait for this show.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Bruh how do you keep up posting almost anything regarding the MCU lmao.
    Anyways, good job.

I can't wait for this show.
    It's easy when you follow the subreddit where the latest scoops are reported.

Ultimate Member

Does anyone think this show will boost Hawkeye's popularity how WandaVision did for Scarlet Witch and Vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Does anyone think this show will boost Hawkeye's popularity how WandaVision did for Scarlet Witch and Vision?
    Probably Kate Bishop. I'm not sure if it'll change anyone's minds on Clint.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably Kate Bishop. I'm not sure if it'll change anyone's minds on Clint.
    Ok. I thought that as well. To be honest, MCU Clint is the most boring Avenger to me. I didn't like his family coming out of nowhere.

Not sure. I certainly hope so. Let's see if TFATWS will help to boost Sam's/Falcon's popularity when it's released in 2 weeks. Sam and Clint are sort of in the same boats of having almost zero characterisation and backstory for a major mcu character. I just know I definitely won't be visiting twitter when Hawkeye is finally released lol.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think that yes, it will help put Clint on the map for as long as the show streams, but the issue is that, like I said before here, I expect this show to be a wrap up of his story and a set up for Kate's future. WandaVision sets up new and exciting stories for Wanda and Vision in the future of the MCU, and at least one of the characters is already confirmed for another movie. Clint might not have that going on in his favor, so in the bigger scheme of things, the show would only really help him short term.

I could be wrong, of course, and they'll find a way to keep telling stories with Clint in the spotlight. But the MCU so far hasn't been like the comics with the shared mantle thing, so IDK how they would deal with two Hawkeyes being in the spotlight going forward. I have this same question about Thor and how they'll make it work with both Odinson and Jane. Guess we'll see.

Ultimate Member

Depends on whether or not the actor can keep his big yap shut and not say something bone-headed like 'Black Widow's such a slut!' in interviews.

As for the character, Hawkeye was struggling with Tony Snark having drank his quip-machine/team funny-guy milkshake, and being stuck in a boring role next to him, so he'll hopefully get to shine a bit more with 100% less RDJ around.

Spectacular Member

Ok. I thought that as well. To be honest, MCU Clint is the most boring Avenger to me. I didn't like his family coming out of nowhere.
    Yeah, because Clint had so much development/backstory in his cameo in Thor and being a brainwashed slave for two-thirds of Avegners and having to deal with the fallout of that and fight to stop an invasion for the last third.

I also find Kate Bishop overhyped, but it is what it is .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Depends on whether or not the actor can keep his big yap shut and not say something bone-headed like 'Black Widow's such a slut!' in interviews.

As for the character, Hawkeye was struggling with Tony Snark having drank his quip-machine/team funny-guy milkshake, and being stuck in a boring role next to him, so he'll hopefully get to shine a bit more with 100% less RDJ around.
    I feel the same way about Spider-Man. Nobody gets to quip like Tony, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think that yes, it will help put Clint on the map for as long as the show streams, but the issue is that, like I said before here, I expect this show to be a wrap up of his story and a set up for Kate's future. WandaVision sets up new and exciting stories for Wanda and Vision in the future of the MCU, and at least one of the characters is already confirmed for another movie. Clint might not have that going on in his favor, so in the bigger scheme of things, the show would only really help him short term.

I could be wrong, of course, and they'll find a way to keep telling stories with Clint in the spotlight. But the MCU so far hasn't been like the comics with the shared mantle thing, so IDK how they would deal with two Hawkeyes being in the spotlight going forward. I have this same question about Thor and how they'll make it work with both Odinson and Jane. Guess we'll see.
    I know they've talked about Jane being the "Mighty Thor" but they could always give her a different codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

When you watched the interview and know the context, it isn't as problematic as most people try to make it to be. He also meant it as a neutral term. And I don't really like that word in general but I know a lot of people who casually say it back then. People still use it now but to a lesser extent. It's just one of those slang words that is now widely regarded as an offensive slur so that's why he is still getting heat for that. It's the same with the g word that Elizabeth Olsen has used recently this year. I had no idea that the g word is an offensive slur because I've always thought it is a neutral term and was synonymous with the word 'nomads'. I guess it's ideal that celebrities just avoid using terms that may be regarded as offensive. Anyway, I digress.

Goofy Clint is a reinvented characterisation in modern comics, thanks to Fraction's Hawkeye solo run. I prefer his characterisation from the Silver and Bronze Ages where he's sort of the obstinate maverick who refuses to listen to authority at first but slowly warms up to becoming a team player and being loyal to being an Avenger imo.

Ultimate Member

I've heard Renner is problematic, although I don't know how much of it is true.

I don't know exactly what kind of characterization he'll have in his show, tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think that yes, it will help put Clint on the map for as long as the show streams, but the issue is that, like I said before here, I expect this show to be a wrap up of his story and a set up for Kate's future.
    That's what I'm expecting too.

Of course, I expected Wandavision to wrap up Wanda's storyline, not launch a new phase of life for both her and Vision, so who knows what'll happen? But I figure this is gonna be Clint's swansong, and I'm actually pretty excited about it. Part of the journey is the end, right?

I love that all these secondary characters are getting their chances in the spotlight, and (other than Widow) are getting it in a longer form narrative that allows for more character work than the films usually have room for. If this is the end of Renner's time in the MCU then I'm glad it's happening this way, with Clint getting the spotlight while also setting up a (hopefully) brighter future for Kate.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-14-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.