Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Hoping for this too.

Seems that the confirmed villains so far are Swordsman, Clown and Tracksuit Mafia. Who do you all think will be the main villain between Swordsman and Clown? Do you think that Trickshot will appear as well but is kept secret until the show airs?
    I hope they use Trickshot. Or mention Barney.

I've seen speculation they might turn Kate's mom into Madame Masque.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they use Trickshot. Or mention Barney.

I've seen speculation they might turn Kate's mom into Madame Masque.
    As in, give the identity to her mother, or make Whitney Frost her mother?

Whitney Frost was already in the MCU in Agent Carter. If they are doing Madame Masque on this show, it will either be a descendant or somebody else under the mask.

Normally, I would consider the pre-Disney+ Marvel show and movies as separate but Agent Carter is the only show they've bothered to acknowledge in the movies (Jarvis' 5 second cameo in Endgame and the writers saying they accounted for S1 and S2 of the show when they figured out which year Cap reunited with Peggy) but if they are doing MM in the show, there is more chance of a callback to Agent Carter than not.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Whitney Frost was already in the MCU in Agent Carter. If they are doing Madame Masque on this show, it will either be a descendant or somebody else under the mask.

Normally, I would consider the pre-Disney+ Marvel show and movies as separate but Agent Carter is the only show they've bothered to acknowledge in the movies (Jarvis' 5 second cameo in Endgame and the writers saying they accounted for S1 and S2 of the show when they figured out which year Cap reunited with Peggy) but if they are doing MM in the show, there is more chance of a callback to Agent Carter than not.
    But she wasn't a Nefaria (as I recall) and never actually became Madame Masque.

Ultimate Member

I'm positive Agent Carter is canon, but as Frontier said, that wasn't Giulietta Nefaria. But maybe they're connected

Could be relatives...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Masque is almost definitely spoilers:
    Kate's mom. You don't get an Oscar nominee be like Vera Farmiga for a small "mom" role
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Kate's mom. You don't get an Oscar nominee be like Vera Farmiga for a small "mom" role
    end of spoilers
    True but the MCU has wasted good actors before

Spectacular Member

end of spoilers
    Isn't that similar to the logic people used when they said that Emma Caulfield ("Dottie"/Sarah Proctor) had to be playing more than just a citizen of Westview? Pretty sure during the run people kept saying that there was no way the MCU would hire Emma Caulfield just for bit part, and there's how Agents of SHIELD had Lucy Lawless's character die in the first episode of season 2 and only other appearance be in a flashback.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Isn't that similar to the logic people used when they said that Emma Caulfield ("Dottie"/Sarah Proctor) had to be playing more than just a citizen of Westview? Pretty sure during the run people kept saying that there was no way the MCU would hire Emma Caulfield just for bit part, and there's how Agents of SHIELD had Lucy Lawless's character die in the first episode of season 2 and only other appearance be in a flashback.
    Not disagreeing with you, but are Caulfield and Farmiga equally famous?

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

end of spoilers
    It doesn't really matter how prolific the actor or actress is tbh, or how many high profile awards they won or were nominated for. I mean look at Laurence Fisburne, Robert Redford, Daniel Kaluuya, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett etc

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Damn Caulfield hyping up her Dottie role only for her to be a very small side character is just one of the biggest misleading things in WV tbh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    It doesn't really matter how prolific the actor or actress is tbh, or how many high profile awards they won or were nominated for. I mean look at Laurence Fisburne, Robert Redford, Daniel Kaluuya, Glenn Close, Angela Bassett etc
    I'd say Fishburne at least had a somewhat important role i AMaW

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not disagreeing with you, but are Caulfield and Farmiga equally famous?
    I've heard of Emma Caulfield and have no idea who this other person is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'd say Fishburne at least had a somewhat important role i AMaW
    Yeah, he was Goliath, even if he didn't suit up at all.