Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I haven't read anything with Kate. How's she different from Clint?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't read anything with Kate. How's she different from Clint?
    That depends entirely on which version of Clint we are talking about.
    Kate herself hasn't changed that much apart from the fact that she too has become more of a force for chaos since the fraction run.

It's a weird mix between a mentor/student and equal partner relationship.
    Clint tends to be a bit more easy going but then again we know he wasn't always that way.

Background-wise their differences are more easily apparent.
    He was a poor kid without parents who wanted to become a hero later on and she was a rich kid whose parents are a mess and it was Clint who inspired her to become a Hero herself.

Tl,dr: they act a little like Big Brother, little sister.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    That depends entirely on which version of Clint we are talking about.
    Kate herself hasn't changed that much apart from the fact that she too has become more of a force for chaos since the fraction run.

It's a weird mix between a mentor/student and equal partner relationship.
    Clint tends to be a bit more easy going but then again we know he wasn't always that way.

Background-wise their differences are more easily apparent.
    He was a poor kid without parents who wanted to become a hero later on and she was a rich kid whose parents are a mess and it was Clint who inspired her to become a Hero herself.

Tl,dr: they act a little like Big Brother, little sister.
    I imagine the show will go with the mentor angle considering how much older Clint is than Kate in the MCU

I get they have to give the spotlight to Kate from now in the MCU,
    but that shouldn't be at the expense of ignoring/overshadowing Clint.
    Actually, now that I think of it, Clint should have a great arc in this as well considering that this show(/season?) will be his final appearance whereas Kate will have much, much more screentime to kick ass in (Young) Avengers/crossovers/etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I get they have to give the spotlight to Kate from now in the MCU,
    but that shouldn't be at the expense of ignoring/overshadowing Clint.
    Actually, now that I think of it, Clint should have a great arc in this as well considering that this show(/season?) will be his final appearance whereas Kate will have much, much more screentime to kick ass in (Young) Avengers/crossovers/etc.
    True, but Clint hasn't been much of a person anyway. On one hand, this show could make him an actual character, but on the other hand, if he's bowing out, how many actually care.

Whatever the case, I hope they make Kate into a good character

True, but Clint hasn't been much of a person anyway. On one hand, this show could make him an actual character, but on the other hand, if he's bowing out, how many actually care.

Whatever the case, I hope they make Kate into a good character
    That's why I want this show to do him justice as well.

Ultimate Member

That's why I want this show to do him justice as well.
    Ok. I don't care about him but if he gets the same treatment as SW and Vision, I might change my mind. I want to like his character, so I hope this helps him.

Ok. I don't care about him but if he gets the same treatment as SW and Vision, I might change my mind. I want to like his character, so I hope this helps him.
    Exactly my point. It's Renner's time to shine!
    lol.

Ultimate Member

Exactly my point. It's Renner's time to shine!
    lol.
    Although if it's his last regular appearance, he can always come back some years down the road

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I love your take on this. Before WV, I also didn’t care much for Wanda and Vision but that show definitely made me appreciate them more as characters and the actors for portraying them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I love your take on this. Before WV, I also didn’t care much for Wanda and Vision but that show definitely made me appreciate them more as characters and the actors for portraying them.
    That's funny. They didn't have much screen time but I liked them anyway. Quicksilver too. I wish I could say the same about Hawkeye, Falcon or Winter Soldier, but maybe the new shows will change my mind!

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

That's funny. They didn't have much screen time but I liked them anyway. Quicksilver too. I wish I could say the same about Hawkeye, Falcon or Winter Soldier, but maybe the new shows will change my mind!
    I'm the complete opposite from you! I love street level characters, heroes and villains included so I'm a fan of Hawkeye, Falcon and Bucky (among others) despite their lack of screentime in the movies.

I'm the complete opposite from you! I love street level characters, heroes and villains included so I'm a fan of Hawkeye, Falcon and Bucky (among others) despite their lack of screentime in the movies.
    Hawkeye isn't so much a "street level" character as he is an "adventurer"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I like street level guys too, like Black Panther. I just think a lot of the MCU street level guys are pretty boring

Plus I get annoyed at watching powerful characters get nerfed only to watch powerless characters beat the same villain

I like street level guys too, like Black Panther. I just think a lot of the MCU street level guys are pretty boring

Plus I get annoyed at watching powerful characters get nerfed only to watch powerless characters beat the same villain
    I'm not sure we can call Black Panther street level but I get what you mean.
    That said I think Falcon actually was very likable and featured enough much like Widow.
    Bucky and especially Clint admittedly are a little underdeveloped
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter