Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'm not sure we can call Black Panther street level but I get what you mean.
    That said I think Falcon actually was very likable and featured enough much like Widow.
    Bucky and especially Clint admittedly are a little underdeveloped
    I was using Black Panther as more of an example of a guy who doesn't really have powers.

I don't care mich for Falcon so far because his only personality trait is kissing up to Captain America. But that might change.

I didn't care for Cap, Falcon and Widow beating the Black Order when Scarlet Witch and Vision couldn't, or when Scarlet Witch had to be saved by Widow and Okoye

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I get they're probably not meant to be in character here, but this little clip already gives us such an insight on how their dynamic could be on the show, and I love it already. Getting some major comics Clint/Kate vibes here. I think Hailee's gonna nail this role!

Hailee Steinfeld radiating that strong Kate Bishop energy...I only wish Renner was that charismatic as Clint.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

My heart started beating so fast when Jeremy and Hailee suddenly appeared after Lizzie and Paul. They're already acting like Clint and Kate!

Jeremy feels like he's playing Hailee's stoic dad .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hailee Steinfeld radiating that strong Kate Bishop energy...I only wish Renner was that charismatic as Clint.
    It's the script...lol jk.
    Well, not everyone can be charismatic, not everyone has to be, sometimes you can pull it off with other things such as being funny, cute, weird, etc.

Tbf they aren't really acting as their characters because their intention is to just give words of blessings to Sebastian, Anthony and the TFATWS cast & crew. Besides, Lizzie, Paul and Tom weren't acting as their characters in their respective cameos as well. And maybe, Jeremy is one of those actors who can turn on and off in between acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    It's the script...lol jk.
    Well, not everyone can be charismatic, not everyone has to be, sometimes you can pull it off with other things such as being funny, cute, weird, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Tbf they aren't really acting as their characters because their intention is to just give words of blessings to Sebastian, Anthony and the TFATWS cast & crew. Besides, Lizzie, Paul and Tom weren't acting as their characters in their respective cameos as well. And maybe, Jeremy is one of those actors who can turn on and off in between acting.
    Fair enough .

Honestly I've liked certain scenes with Renner as Clint and I feel like he could play a better Clint if given the chance.

Ultimate Member

If they bothered to give Clint more of a backstory he could be great. For me it's a bit late to make him something now, but I hope they do a good job

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If they bothered to give Clint more of a backstory he could be great. For me it's a bit late to make him something now, but I hope they do a good job
    I read from IMDB that Joss had apparently planned out Clint's backstory with him being an ex-carnie and ex-criminal and wanted to incorporate them into the first Avengers movie but couldn't do it due to runtime and pacing issues. Guess it's safe to say that it was never Marvel Studios' or Kevin Feige's priority to let Clint Barton shine as a character in the MCU even though he's one of the original Avengers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I read from IMDB that Joss had apparently planned out Clint's backstory with him being an ex-carnie and ex-criminal and wanted to incorporate them into the first Avengers movie but couldn't do it due to runtime and pacing issues. Guess it's safe to say that it was never Marvel Studios' or Kevin Feige's priority to let Clint Barton shine as a character in the MCU even though he's one of the original Avengers.
    I don't particularly care for him even in the comics (although I haven't read some of his bigger stories) but I feel he deserved more in the MCU. Even though his whole gimmick is a bit lame, he still should have had more characterization.

Swordsman's in it so I'd like to think that they'll address Clint's backstory to some extent.

Ultimate Member

Swordsman's in it so I'd like to think that they'll address Clint's backstory to some extent.
    If I recall he trained Clint, right? Then became a villain

Extraordinary Member

I agree with this