Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not sure why her being a tomboy would exclude her having "girly" interests or habits, too.
    It wouldn't, I'm just going off Kate's character in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    How is Renner supposed to give Clint vibes when they based Hawkeye off of Ultimates and stripped away basically everything that made the character who he is? He did the best with the terrible plot and writing he was given. Personally, having watched The Unusuals, I have no doubt he would have been an amazing Clint had anyone cared about the character enough to write him properly from the start.

I do agree that Hailee looks great so far, and the Christmas aesthetic is fun!
    Yeah, Renner has had to work with what little he has to go off of. It's kind of the same problem I feel Evangeline Lilly has as Wasp II.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Jeremy Renner was completely miscast as Clint Barton. I think Hailee looks great and will be a far better Hawkeye.
    I think that Renner is perfectly cast as Clint/Hawkeye. I think his performances in Dahmer and The Hurt Locker are outstanding but unfortunately, he could so much with the poor writing he got for MCU Hawkeye. It's kinda obvious that the MCU never prioritized Hawkeye as a character. Casual movie watchers know next to nothing about him when Hawkeye has such a great, long history in the comics with his ex-carnie and ex-criminal background, joined The Avengers to redeem himself and became an irreplaceable and prominent member since and even went on to lead his own groups West Coast Avengers and the Thunderbolts. I would go on for longer, but I digress. TLDR Renner was screwed over by the writing.

And it's kinda unfair to think that Hailee will be a better Hawkeye since she arrives at the time where Hawkeye finally got his own solo project. So obviously she would get great writing for her character from the get-go unlike Renner who waited 8 years for it to happen. I'm just happy that Renner and Hailee are getting along so well with each other, and I hope their chemistry will translate on screen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    And it's kinda unfair to think that Hailee will be a better Hawkeye since she arrives at the time where Hawkeye finally got his own solo project.
    The hawkeye show is not solo show for clint and from what i heard and read before.
    It's both kate and clint show.
    Now from what i read before the hawkeye that will get the most focus will be kate,so the main main lead is really kate.

Hawkeye
    Series based on the Marvel Comics superhero Hawkeye, centering on the adventures of Young Avenger, Kate Bishop, who took on the role after the original Avenger, Clint Barton.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10160804/
    Last edited by mace11; 12-13-2020 at 07:38 AM.

What is the status of hawkeye's family, since they are all alive again?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Kate being a tomboy in the MCU would be kinda ironic, since that's how Allan Heinberg described her in his original drafts for Young Avengers. It seems like he never went through with that particular characterization, though.

I'm curious about the context of those scenes of Eleanor and Duquesne. That's an interesting pairing of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The hawkeye show is not solo show for clint and from what i heard and read before.
    Now from what i read before the hawkeye that will get the most focus will be kate,so the main main lead is really kate.

Hawkeye

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10160804/
    Wait, is that an official sinopse? 'Cause it definitely makes it sound like a Kate-led show. I like that they mention her as a Young Avenger, but it also seems a little weird to do that when she hasn't been one yet in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    By Hawkeye solo project, it means that it's focused on him which extends to him meeting Kate and taking her in as his protégé. It has been reported that both Clint and Kate will share their screentime together. Since it's reportedly Clint's final hurrah in the MCU, it should make sense that he would have more focus. (The Black Widow solo movie will also focus on both Natasha and Yelena and the former passing the BW mantle to the latter.)

Besides, IMDB synopsis aren't the official ones since any user can edit it like in Wiki. The leaked plot for Hawkeye is that Clint has to come out of retirement (again) to investigate on a troublemaker named Kate Bishop who claims to be the new Hawkeye and got mixed up with the mob (Tracksuit Mafia).

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    If they combine Mr Bishop and Swordsman as one character, I swear to God...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think Brian Darcy James role is meant to be Kate's dad

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think Brian Darcy James role is meant to be Kate's dad
    As long as he's not playing Barney Barton, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm curious about the context of those scenes of Eleanor and Duquesne. That's an interesting pairing of characters.
    If she becomes Madame Masque, it could be a meeting between two major villains...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Anyone else think Kate or someone else will be revealed to be a Skrull in this show?
    Can't possibly imagine why since it has nothing to do with the Fraction run

With this image, Pizza Dog reveals that Hawkeye's production leaves New York and moves to Atlanta

May as well be watching the show in clips and pictures at this point before it even comes out. :P

what breed is Pizza Dog? arf.