hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default Does Poseidon have connections to Atlantis?

Just what it says on the tin. And if he does, what are they?

I'm trying to do some research and the wiki doesn't really say a whole lot about this. I feel like since the capital of Atlantis is Poseidonis he has to but you can never be too sure, yeah?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The similarity between the names is just a coincidence. In the real world when an author created Poseidonis of course he was naming it after the greek god's name. But in DC continuity the city-states of Atlantis where created 1 million years before the passing of the Godwave through Earth, event that gave birth to the Greek Pantheon.

As for being the capital, i consider the City of the Golden Gate as so, said to be the first and largest city-state, at least in ancient Atlantis time. Poseidonis is just the one that remained intact
    Last edited by the COMET; 12-07-2020 at 01:52 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    The similarity between the names is just a coincidence. In the real world when an author created Poseidonis of course he was naming it after the greek god's name. But in DC continuity the city-states of Atlantis where created 1 million years before the passing of the Godwave through Earth, event that gave birth to the Greek Pantheon.

As for being the capital, i consider the City of the Golden Gate as so, said to be the first and largest city-state, at least in ancient Atlantis time. Poseidonis is just the one that remained intact
    Interesting.

Thank you so much!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

No problem. For more info read Arion Lord of Atlantis, Atlantis Chronicles and Genesis.