Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

This seems as good a place to ask as any: Was the sword Shinobi got in Marauders #3 used in X of Swords or have they not explained it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    This seems as good a place to ask as any: Was the sword Shinobi got in Marauders #3 used in X of Swords or have they not explained it yet?
    Actually, no swords were used in X of Swords lol

BANNED

Last I heard, Kate couldn't increase her density. Shinobi can increase and decrease it.

I care more about character than power, though.
    616-Kate CAN do it , Doom beat her by taking control of her body and reversing her own intangibility in this year’s XMen vs Fantastic Four 2 by Chip Zdarsky and the Dodsons!

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    616-Kate CAN do it , Doom beat her by taking control of her body and reversing her own intangibility in this year’s XMen vs Fantastic Four 2 by Chip Zdarsky and the Dodsons!
    That doesn't mean she can reverse her density. That's an outside party messing with her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Actually, no swords were used in X of Swords lol
    Well, yeah I heard that, but they collected some, didn't they? I'm assuming Shinobi's wasn't one of them.

I think we all know the correct answer is

Gomi and Bill.

-Pav, who would also accept a time-displaced MerMax...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I think we all know the correct answer is

Gomi and Bill.

-Pav, who would also accept a time-displaced MerMax...
    When the Initiative was happening during Civil War, I had this notion that Baron Von Blitzschlag would be assigned them with orders from Osbourne to 'make something useful out of this' and end up fusing them together until Gomi was a man/lobster hybrid with bionics that allowed underwater action, super-strength and toughness (from Bill) and his own force bolts (from his original implant).

And Osbourne would still be 'Eh. Let's go with the other guy.'

Astonishing Member

Well, yeah I heard that, but they collected some, didn't they? I'm assuming Shinobi's wasn't one of them.
    There was a list of 10 swords each side had to gather, the Arraki had to find some new swords from their end. The X-men's side had to gather Muramasa (freshly forged, an identical one was taken by Solem), the Sword of Might, the Starlight Sword, Godkiller (allready in possesion of Gorgon like the following one), Grasscutter (which i hope is not meant to be the Kusanagi no Tsurugi as that would be confusing), Warlock (the character turned into a sword), The Soul Sword, the Light of Galador (the plot device Kible just got at the start of his solo), Skybreaker (a never before mentioned sword super important for Wakanda), and Scarab (an oversized orichalcum Kopesh that was never mentioned before and destroyed during the story).

So Shinbo's sword did not appear.

Also i keep wondering if the writer was aware that Amduat is not the egyptan underworld but the "book of the events in the underworld", when they named one of the arraki swords as "Black Bone of Amduat"?
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-19-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks. I wonder if we'll ever find out what was up with that scene.

re: Amduat LOL I guess Marvel can't afford fact checkers.

Ultimate Member

Of the original Hellions, I'm actually kind of interested in Jetstream. There aren't a hell of a lot of male Arabs/Moslems running around, and his powers are in an interesting place, because he only could fly with his 'Jetstream' powers thanks to cybernetic enhancement (IIRC, he was limited to 'blasting' in a 360 degree explosion, without the bionics channeling his thrust in one direction), meaning that his powers *should* be quite a bit different than 'bargain-basement Cannonball knockoff' now that he's been resurrected without said bionics...

He seemed invulnerable, but only to physical impact, in his dogfight with Sam, back in the day, slamming through buildings and trees and generally just being annoyed and thrown off-balance, but dropping like boulder the second Amara tagged him in the leg with one of her blasts. (So whatever made him able to blast through physical barriers was *not* the same sort of 'invulnerable while ahm blastin' deal that Sam had, since an attack that wasn't just kinetic impact seemed to blow him out of the sky.) I would guess his ability to generate kinetic thrust to fly also included the ability to absorb kinetic impact, perhaps tied together somehow, with only the bionics allowing him to channel it towards flight (or anything other than a 360 degree repulsor-blast type effect). But that's never really been made clear.

Nor was his mutant / family situation addressed that I recall, or even the source of his cybernetics. Did Emma provide them? Was in kinda/sorta in exile, disowned by his (apparently rich) family? Did his family secretly fund his cybernetics (and Massachusetts Academy tuition?), valuing family over whatever their government/culture thinks of mutants?

In any event, it would be interesting to see some sort of reunion between the old guard Hellions who died, and those who survived and 'broke out' and made the grade as X-Force/Factor/Men (James) or New Warriors/Avengers/X-Men (Angelica).

Threnody working for Sinister

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Of the original Hellions, I'm actually kind of interested in Jetstream. There aren't a hell of a lot of male Arabs/Moslems running around, and his powers are in an interesting place, because he only could fly with his 'Jetstream' powers thanks to cybernetic enhancement (IIRC, he was limited to 'blasting' in a 360 degree explosion, without the bionics channeling his thrust in one direction), meaning that his powers *should* be quite a bit different than 'bargain-basement Cannonball knockoff' now that he's been resurrected without said bionics...

He seemed invulnerable, but only to physical impact, in his dogfight with Sam, back in the day, slamming through buildings and trees and generally just being annoyed and thrown off-balance, but dropping like boulder the second Amara tagged him in the leg with one of her blasts. (So whatever made him able to blast through physical barriers was *not* the same sort of 'invulnerable while ahm blastin' deal that Sam had, since an attack that wasn't just kinetic impact seemed to blow him out of the sky.) I would guess his ability to generate kinetic thrust to fly also included the ability to absorb kinetic impact, perhaps tied together somehow, with only the bionics allowing him to channel it towards flight (or anything other than a 360 degree repulsor-blast type effect). But that's never really been made clear.

Nor was his mutant / family situation addressed that I recall, or even the source of his cybernetics. Did Emma provide them? Was in kinda/sorta in exile, disowned by his (apparently rich) family? Did his family secretly fund his cybernetics (and Massachusetts Academy tuition?), valuing family over whatever their government/culture thinks of mutants?

In any event, it would be interesting to see some sort of reunion between the old guard Hellions who died, and those who survived and 'broke out' and made the grade as X-Force/Factor/Men (James) or New Warriors/Avengers/X-Men (Angelica).
    Hopefully he was brought back honed as to no longer need the bionics. They should do that to/for all cyber mutants.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Oh Bedlam without a fucking doubt

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Oh Bedlam without a fucking doubt
    Yes, although I kinda like the idea of either just one character with both powers, or, why not, brothers with the same powers (to disorient/short out both machines and people).

And if there are going to be two of them, I'd like to see them hang out together, and not be like the average mutant siblings (Scott and Alex, James and John Proudstar, Shiro and Leylu Yashida, etc.) who are rarely seen in the same comic, let alone acting like siblings. Seeing brothers that *get along* (while perhaps constantly giving each other crap) would be a refreshing change after all the weird sort of 'I never mentioned I had a sibling, and he only appeared as a mid-term replacement for me, but I'm back now and he's superfluous, and now we just stand around awkwardly quietly wishing each other didn't exist when forced to be in a scene together' that usually goes on in comics.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Oh I want the older Bedlam to be a total loon to boost up his bother’s goodness. The X-men need more black male bad guys with great pathos.