Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #86

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/07/x-...athan-hickman/

Some interesting info:

- Hickman says he loves that he got away with there not being an actual team of X-Men, but now Scott and Jean will be doing that

- More seats besides Jean's and Apocalypse's will have to be filled apparently

- The plans for Storm have all changed but he thinks the new ones are much better

- X-Corp is still happening and they just decided the interior and cover artist

- He doesn't say it like that but TLDR about the Franklin thing is that it really was just Slott fucking things over for the X-Men
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-07-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Wait Scott and Jean are getting a team? Also yay X-Corp is still happening.

Slott... time to retcon the retcon.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 12-07-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Oh man. Is Carnero off X-Corp then? I love her interiors. Her Monet and Warren would’ve been stunning.

Hickman: So what can you expect from Scott and Jean from here on out? A little thing called the X-Men. Mutant heroes doing hero stuff.
    Keep it simple and awesome. Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Oh thank God that we’re finally going to have an X-Men team. While a case by case makeshift team made up of the various characters would’ve been nice for the X-Men title, that’s not really something we got much.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I see that Beast and Jean are finally back to targeting an ethnic minority.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Keep it simple and awesome. Nuff said!
    I’m hoping that we get to see this team building more bridges by being heroes to everyone rather than just mutantkind mostly especially after Cyclops’ speech in X of Swords. That’s something that’s been sorely missing.

The inclusion of Arakko and the Hellfire Gala also seem to be important things coming up... :eyes emoji:

Would be cool if Gambit and Rogue got saved from Excalibur and moved on X-Men team with Cyke and Jean.

So these 4 characters in shadows after Cyke and Jean will be a new team?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I see that Beast and Jean are finally back to targeting an ethnic minority.
    Colossus is white.

it is funny Scott being a hero and all baout morality. Really hipocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would be cool if Gambit and Rogue got saved from Excalibur and moved on X-Men team with Cyke and Jean.

So these 4 characters in shadows after Cyke and Jean will be a new team?

I’ve heard a lot of people speculate it’s SWORD in the background since Cable has a hood in that. However, if this was their team then that might be Husk and that makes me happy. So fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed that DAZZZLER will be rescued from the Krakoa limbo areas and will join Scott and Jean’s team!!!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Hellfire Gala. Red Wedding. Same difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Boy, I get that AIPT is happy to have the "in" with Marvel to get these Q&A's with the X-staff, but these weekly articles are borderline puff pieces.
    I don't want them to get deep in the weeds on spoilers, but I'd like more than "Scene XXX was great, can you talk about it?" "Well, XXX and XXX collaborated on were in synch on that scene!"
    I'm still amazed by that early October X-Men Monday that devolved into a long discussion on romance comics.
    I know it will never happen, but I'd love to hear an honest answer to why "Stasis" read like filler and X-men #14 was basically X-Men #13 all over again. Did they have any qualms about putting out a $3.99 book that was almost a reprint of the preceding issue?

Again, I'm not expecting (or wanting) a "give me spoilers about the next 6 months of stories!", or "what exactly, down to the last detail, did the symbolism or script mean specifically in scene XXX?"
    I just want something that makes me either re-read something and get a new POV or fresh perspective. And maybe the occasional, "We were going for this in issue #xxx, it may or may not have worked". Because you know they have those conversations. Doesn't mean we won't still enjoy the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’ve heard a lot of people speculate it’s SWORD in the background since Cable has a hood in that. However, if this was their team then that might be Husk and that makes me happy. So fingers crossed.
    What is the reason to hide Sword team on teaser if we already know it?