Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Wait Scott and Jean are getting a team?
    I thought this was the obvious takeaway from Destruction.

Anyway nationality, ethnicity and race is really kicking some of youse is the butt lmao

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

X-cited for X-Corp
    Happy to see Rachel interacting with Nate and Scott again. I wonder if it will be a retread of X-Men #2 (dad and "kids") with Jean coming in right after Rachel leaves lol (cuz they couldn't interact on panel in DoX)
    I'm interested in some ACTUAL Nightcrawler development, although I have a deep rooted agnst when it's a round religion thanks to Austen

I don't like seeing Beast and Jean probing Piotr, unless it's around what happened with Domino's memories. It just feels icky
    I'm strangely turned to the Braddock bros in CB attire...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    So how many X-books are there going to be ???!! We got Children of the atom book coming out. Hickman just confirmed X-corps and on top of that he confirmed even more books are in the works. not book but books !, coming up ! I don’t know if my wallet can survive that ! But I am happy of course .
    I'm assuming Uncanny, moria, and somting with the returned vault team

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    X-cited for X-Corp
    Happy to see Rachel interacting with Nate and Scott again. I wonder if it will be a retread of X-Men #2 (dad and "kids") with Jean coming in right after Rachel leaves lol (cuz they couldn't interact on panel in DoX)
    I'm interested in some ACTUAL Nightcrawler development, although I have a deep rooted agnst when it's a round religion thanks to Austen

I don't like seeing Beast and Jean probing Piotr, unless it's around what happened with Domino's memories. It just feels icky
    I'm strangely turned to the Braddock bros in CB attire...
    Always happy to see Rachel.

Like you, I view the idea of a Kurt/religion plot line with all the enthusiasm of a root canal without anaesthetic. I’d have far preferred a story involving Mystique (and Rogue).

Give me a team of X-men led by Scott and Jean all day, thank you very much.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    it isny opressed minority
    Within the context of Krakoa being Russian can definitely be considered an oppressed minority if you have discrimination coming from the government. Just like someone might not be discriminated against for being black in Nigeria, but the minute they move to the US or England they face oppression.

Edit: To be clear I’m purely talking about this in the context of the fictional nation of Krakoa. Not making a comment on the experience of Russian immigrants in the real world.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-07-2020 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Given how Slott sends his scripts to artist 5 minutes before they have to be sent off for printing and needs ghostwriters to make deadlines, I wouldn't be surprised that he told Hickman once he had already had an outline for Franklin and decided to just drop it because there wasn't a way to have both storylines.
    Send a script is very different of planning a run. Even Hickman himself is slow at writing but already has things planned

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I thought this was the obvious takeaway from Destruction.
    Is from X of Swords? Because that event was disappointing and lost my attention half way through.

Holding out hope that Madrox finally gets another prominent role in an upcoming book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really wonder who will be on Cyclops and Jean's X-Men team, as well as X-corps.
    Im praying for: Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nighcrawler, Rogue, Gambit

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Im praying for: Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nighcrawler, Rogue, Gambit
    Rogue and Gambit are in Excalibur. Storm is in Marauders. Colossus is being used in X-force and it's not Wolverine.

Fantastic Member

I hope Scott gets some different picks and not the usual X-Men. Some unconventional picks like Scanner or Neophyte from the Acolytes. How about Petra and Sway? Or since it's supposed to be doing hero stuff again maybe Firestar or Justice with their experience and connections?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I hope Scott gets some different picks and not the usual X-Men. Some unconventional picks like Scanner or Neophyte from the Acolytes. How about Petra and Sway? Or since it's supposed to be doing hero stuff again maybe Firestar or Justice with their experience and connections?
    justice isnt krakoan, his loyalty is with USA

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It really speaks to Hickman's writing style when he says that he plans way in advance before he begins to actually write the books as opposed to others and that he kinda rolled with it in his Avengers run.

I fear the same will happen in X-Men, but luckily the X-men tend to sit in their own mini universe and other writers can't really mess with the core characters; but if Marvel does to Hickman what they did to Morrison - I am done with Marvel forevermore.