Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Out of curiosity. What are people actualy expecting from a X-corp series that they are so glamouring for it and would it really be able to sustain a title for more than a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So these 4 characters in shadows after Cyke and Jean will be a new team?
    Actualy i think those are 5 characters, since there seems to be a fifth shadow between Jean and Cyclops.

Also judging by the outlines, i think we can at least exclude some characters and narrow it down a bit. That is if these outlines aren't red herrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Within the context of Krakoa being Russian can definitely be considered an oppressed minority if you have discrimination coming from government identities. Just like someone might not be discriminated against for being black in Nigeria, but the minute they move to the US or England they face oppression.
    Pretty much this, a majority in one country can be a minority in another, which gets further complicated when we consider that ethnicity and nationality can be seperated factors for what makes a minority/majority in one country.

For example if an Ainu from japan would migrate to France, would the established french treat them as minority based on being ethnic Ainu, or as minority based on being of japanese nationality?
    So there are layers to being a minority.

However considering how mixed the population of Krakoa is, it's hard to say who counts as minority and who counts as a majority there, outside of the mutant factor.

BANNED

Hickman is in the wrong and is akin to some Inhumans writer deciding Cable should have a big character motivation change about him being an Inhuman. It's not his place and Hickman should just write the characters he is in charge of. Folks always have to take a mile just because an inch was given.

Anywho, I hope Storm and Wolverine are on the team Jean's on. Gonna need some other decent characters to balance her out.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-07-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Great interview. Can't say i disagree with anything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman is in the wrong and is akin to some Inhumans writer deciding Cable should have a big character motivation change about him being an Inhuman. It's not his place and Hickman should just write the characters he is in charge of. Folks always have to take a mile just because an inch was given.

Anywho, I hope Storm and Wolverine are on the team Jean's on. Gonna need some other decent characters to balance her out.
    But Cable is not part of the Inhumans line?

Franklin is in the special position of being in both X-Men and FF

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The most interesting and exciting bits of news...Scott and Jean's X-Men book and X-Corp
    (I desperately hope Buffagni is illustrating either one).
    It wasn't outright confirmed Scott and Jean are getting a new book, their activities may just be in Hickman's book.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It wasn't outright confirmed Scott and Jean are getting a new book, their activities may just be in Hickman's book.
    Yeah I'm assuming that too.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I'm assuming that too.
    Agreed, the book is titled X-Men after all.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Good Interview. Finally the complaints about Krakoa and this era is going to even out. The" X-men" are probably not going to be directly connected to Krakoa so some people finally get to see their fetish for hate of Krakoa play out now with a group outside of Krakoa direct control.People kept on saying Krakoa need to explode into drama, Cyclops and Jean can easily operate from the mansion which shows how long Krakoa era can be around. The thing the X-men is suppose to go back can happen with Krakoa around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It really speaks to Hickman's writing style when he says that he plans way in advance before he begins to actually write the books as opposed to others and that he kinda rolled with it in his Avengers run.

I fear the same will happen in X-Men, but luckily the X-men tend to sit in their own mini universe and other writers can't really mess with the core characters; but if Marvel does to Hickman what they did to Morrison - I am done with Marvel forevermore.
    Actually Hickman had rushed a lot with his run on Avengers due to editoral mandate and not to mention I don't think Reign of X will be better than DoX given his NA was far better his flagship Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Good Interview. Finally the complaints about Krakoa and this era is going to even out. The" X-men" are probably not going to be directly connected to Krakoa so some people finally get to see their fetish for hate of Krakoa play out now with a group outside of Krakoa direct control.People kept on saying Krakoa need to explode into drama, Cyclops and Jean can easily operate from the mansion which shows how long Krakoa era can be around. The thing the X-men is suppose to go back can happen with Krakoa around.
    Didn't the mansion get abandoned to that alien group in Giant Size: Nightcrawler?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Didn't the mansion get abandoned to that alien group in Giant Size: Nightcrawler?
    Yeah but they can clean out the bugs and set up shop

Being less sarcastic this time, I hope that X-men is really what some of those people are looking for, I really like that this era can have so many contrasting of book styles. I hope X-men pulls of the classic superhero feel and makes those fans happy.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-08-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Actually Hickman had rushed a lot with his run on Avengers due to editoral mandate and not to mention I don't think Reign of X will be better than DoX given his NA was far better his flagship Avengers run.
    Really? I had no idea.

I thought the time scale was what he wanted but the characters got borked because of the other writers changing it up on him.

I agree that New Avengers was better, but with ROX it may be better since world building is no longer the main goal.

Krakoa is built so now lets explore the characters - well that's my wish any ways.

BANNED

It really speaks to Hickman's writing style when he says that he plans way in advance before he begins to actually write the books as opposed to others and that he kinda rolled with it in his Avengers run.

I fear the same will happen in X-Men, but luckily the X-men tend to sit in their own mini universe and other writers can't really mess with the core characters; but if Marvel does to Hickman what they did to Morrison - I am done with Marvel forevermore.
    X-Men is easier because it's more of an unit than the rest of Marvel staff. When he was doing Avengers, he had to deal with Remender, who disliked him intensely, and changed both Cap and Iron Man, so he had to run with old Cap and Superior Iron Man. Same for Doc Green. He at least had Black Panther and Namor locked down, which is pretty damn lucky for all of us. But even at Secret Wars he had to navigate around not being able to write teen Jean Grey and needed to make Cyclops the Phoenix.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 12-08-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    X-Men is easier because it's more of an unit than the rest of Marvel staff. When he was doing Avengers, he had to deal with Remender, who disliked him intensely, and changed both Cap and Iron Man, so he had to run with old Cap and Superior Iron Man. Same for Doc Green. He at least had Black Panther and Namor locked down, which is pretty damn lucky for all of us. But even at Secret Wars he had to navigate around not being able to write teen Jean Grey and needed to make Cyclops the Phoenix.
    I hope so, I want to see Hickman completely unfettered.

Remender disliked Hickman? I never knew that.

BANNED

Really? I had no idea.

I thought the time scale was what he wanted but the characters got borked because of the other writers changing it up on him.

Nah, others writers like Remender changed things with respect to how Marvel wanted to make it happen. Remender said it on twitter that he didn't had the freedom to write books after UXF. He refused to do IvX thereafter.

I agree that New Avengers was better, but with ROX it may be better since world building is no longer the main goal.

Krakoa is built so now lets explore the characters - well that's my wish any ways

First of all Hickman's flagship mostly comprised with Apocalypse(or XoS which is already concluded) or HoX elements. Therefore the worldbuilding isn't that vast.

ROX seemed to be heroic stuff which kinda milks down of what he does best. His New Avengers, East of West and Black Monday Murders are all about secret cabals, socio-political mythos or ant-heroic sci-fi stuff in other words. His heroic characterizations mostly reflects Avengers run.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-08-2020 at 03:34 AM.