Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wow had no idea Manapul left DC. Sounds like he left due to DC being a mess right now. It does sound like he wants to finish the book and come back to DC once things are more stable, as he really wants to tell the story. Interview on Bleeding Cool states this. Both Flash and Aquaman were originally planned for 2015. These books seem to get pushed to the back burner for other projects.
    Last edited by chachi; 01-28-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    wow had no idea Manapul left DC. Sounds like he left due to DC being a mess right now. It does sound like he wants to finish the nook and come back to DC once things are more stable, as he really wants to tell the story. Interview on Bleeding Cool states this. Both Flash and Aquaman were originally planned for 2015. These books seem to get pushed to the back burner for other projects.
    Reportedly, AT&T aren't interested in doing exclusive contracts anymore, so it's possible that Manapul's contract just expired. I mean, given the glut of young creators who'd give their left testicle for the chance to write Batman for half a minute, I can understand why the corporate bean counters don't really see the value in shelling out the money to provide health care and benefits for any writer or artist when they can just employ freelancers for a fraction of the cost.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Earth-1985 is the *real* Earth-One.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

wow had no idea Manapul left DC. Sounds like he left due to DC being a mess right now. It does sound like he wants to finish the nook and come back to DC once things are more stable, as he really wants to tell the story. Interview on Bleeding Cool states this. Both Flash and Aquaman were originally planned for 2015. These books seem to get pushed to the back burner for other projects.
    Manapul's art is so amazing, I feel like DC hemorrhaging top talent ain't gonna end well; first Fabok and now this.

I do hope that maybe one day in the future, he will be able to tell his story

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I mean, given the glut of young creators who'd give their left testicle for the chance to write Batman for half a minute, I can understand why the corporate bean counters don't really see the value in shelling out the money to provide health care and benefits for any writer or artist when they can just employ freelancers for a fraction of the cost.
    And given how many Batman books DC puts out, they all will have their chance to write him.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

AT&T is determined to run that place into the ground.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://www.gamesradar.com/earth-one...rant-morrison/

Is Grant Morrison teasing that Geoff Johns will eventually write an Earth One book featuring the E.O. versions of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in the same timeline?

Is Grant Morrison teasing that Geoff Johns will eventually write an Earth One book featuring the E.O. versions of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in the same timeline?
    Nah they say someone “like” Johns will. Frankly I’m not sure if it will ever happen though, don’t know if there’s much push for the idea.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I know it's just speculation, but Johns writing the Trinity in a book, especially those versions of the Trinity, fills me with dread.

I'd love to see Jeff Lemire write a third volume of Teen Titans (I'm probably alone there), and I'd adore another volume of GL. Gonna die angry that we ain't getting Manapul's Aquaman.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That's gonna be kind of hard considering how the WW book ended. Unless Superman and Batman is cool with her ruling the world.
    Assassinate Putin!

Batman and Superman I think are supposed to exist in the same universe and they’re not so far apart I couldn’t buy it anymore than I usually do Batman and Superman co-existing.

WW and GL, even by the usual standards of how DC’s universe is a patchwork, I can’t buy existing alongside the others.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Batman and Superman I think are supposed to exist in the same universe and they’re not so far apart I couldn’t buy it anymore than I usually do Batman and Superman co-existing.

WW and GL, even by the usual standards of how DC’s universe is a patchwork, I can’t buy existing alongside the others.
    From my knowledge JMS was trying to have Batman and Superman coexist but caught **** for it and had to remove a couple of references. I don't think they were too happy about the the easter egg at the end of volume 1 and I think in the second he wanted to make a bat signal joke and was told to change it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I'd love to see Jeff Lemire write a third volume of Teen Titans (I'm probably alone there), and I'd adore another volume of GL. Gonna die angry that we ain't getting Manapul's Aquaman.
    Nah you're not alone. TTEO may have been mediocre at best but Lemire clearly had a third volume in mind and he should tell it if he wants to (also I'm kinda interested to see how it ended). It's a shame he became marvel exclusive right around the second volume coming out and that neither of them sold particularly well.

Going off on a tangent AT&T is too impatient with needing money now and not really considering building something up to make money later. Like Invincible is a hit, and Earth One books already provide a framework for more adult animated movies that are self contained but allow for a sequel and are short enough that writers for the movie can add/subtract stuff if they want. HBOMax needs content. And if they were to make animated movies from them, Earth One books doing well can follow if pushed right because there's only 3 volumes max per franchise, getting rid of the "I don't know where to start" problem new comic readers have.

I'm excited for Batman Earth One vol 3 still. Shame every release takes years to come out.