View Poll Results: Do you use marijuana?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes for medication

3 4.41%
  • yes for recreation

13 19.12%
  • no

47 69.12%
  • no, but i will

5 7.35%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Do you smoke weed?

In your state that allowed medical marijuana, would you smoke weed as medicine?

If your state legalizes weed, would you smoke weed for recreation?

I have never forgotten the news that broke out when Colorado and Washington made recreational marijuana legal. They were the first states to do so. Some other states including California followed suit.

Yes, smoked a couple times when I was younger but never got into it. My state legalized it, and the medical dispensary near me added recreational. When I was in lockdown back in April it was a 'why not' moment.

Found I enjoy marijuana more than alcohol, longer lasting/no hangover etc. So it's become my weekend relaxant of choice.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Not anymore! Hahahaha

My employer test regularly even in states like Colorado and California where it is "legal" so I like being able to pay rent for one. With that I have a beer every now and then and enjoy a mixed drink on occasion but I even avoid taking allergy med because of the way they make me feel. So IF it were 100% legal I would still decline it.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I have never smoked weed. I did some harder drugs and I drank very heavy. That led to a lot of problems. So now I stay away from all drugs and alcohol. I have been sober since July 1st 2010. I miss it at times but I will not risk it. Even weed as harmless as everyone says it is, I just dont want to risk it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I would try it if I could but for medical reasons. I get stressed out easily due to my condition and my cramps are terrible at a certain time of the month and I don't want to keep using ibproufen. I'm also wary of birth control though when I used it was alright but I couldn't maintain the schedule.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No. Never saw or understood the appeal of weed. Besides that, I hate the smell of that stuff.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

I've smoked since 1975. Recently I switched to mostly using tinctures instead, it's easier on the throat & lungs. One of the major benefits of legalization is the availability of derivative products like tinctures, edibles, topicals, etc.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No. Never saw or understood the appeal of weed. Besides that, I hate the smell of that stuff.
    If you think weed smells bad, you should smell meth and heroine. Smell like cat pee and heavy ammonia cat pee!

Occupational hazard of having a sister as a police officer, you get to smell drugs.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

No, but I am often a second hand weed smoker. Smells like dog crap covered in rotten hay.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

No, although I did for a little while when I was 19. Mostly because I was a hormone driven teenager and my girlfriend was into it.

My current wife used to be heavily into it, but she doesn't handle it well anymore. Which sucks, because she has bad fibromyalgia and is near the top of the list for people medical Marijuana should help.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

No not really, it's legal in Canada so I can buy it whenever I want, but I don't really have a desire to.

I have friends and family members who smoke it, and I have found the following:

1) A lot of them turn into truthers, they start believing in all sorts of paranoid right wing conspiracy theories (911 was an inside job, Cuba stole the 2020 election ect)

2) They seem to develop a dependency on it to relax, and it does seem to interfere with their cognition over time

3) All the potheads I've known, have turned into unmotivated shrubs, doesn't mean everyone does, but it's just been my experience.

I am for the legalization of marijuana because it limits the growth and power of organized crime, but overall, I could care less if I never take a puff again.

Astonishing Member

It's legal in my state but I've no interest in it and I don't see any point to it.

Tried it a couple times, many years ago. Didn't like it at all, so no.

I want to try it when it becomes legal in my state and when I do, it will likely be in pill or edible form. I've never been able to inhale smoke. I tried a cigarette once fifteen years ago when I was drunk and hated it, so I can't imagine any smoking regardless of what it is will be something I do.

I also don't really drink heavily. While maybe weed would be my substance of choice, I'm clearly not someone who has issues with substance abuse.