View Poll Results: Do you use marijuana?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes for medication

3 4.41%
  • yes for recreation

13 19.12%
  • no

47 69.12%
  • no, but i will

5 7.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

I've tried it, but never really liked it. Last experience set me to wondering if I might have a minor allergy to it.

I smoked from 15 years old to mid-17. Not my kinda stuff really, my biggest drugs are beer and coffee ... and comics, of course
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I tried (and tried) in my teens/early twenties, but could never succeed in actually getting "high." My friends all joke that I have a physiological inability to chill. The most the stuff ever did for me was give me a craving for fried chicken, so I don't bother with it anymore.

My opinion on pot is constantly in flux. In my lived experience, I know decent, productive people who need it and use it medicinally. I also know people who are just layabouts that put more effort into acquiring more weed than they put into any other facet of their lives. And finally, I know at least two people who genuinely seem to need marijuana to function emotionally and socially in their daily lives and they literally Hulk out when deprived of it for too long.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I quit tobacco about 10 years ago, and I'd rather not smoke anything ever again until they burn my corpse. But I might do edibles. That said, I barely even drink alcohol. Bought a 6-pack of beer 3 months ago (for use in cooking) and just finished off the last one yesterday (not cooking).

I don't consider THC that bad. Pretty much everyone I know, except my mom, does it, and they don't suffer at all from it. I'm very pro-legalization.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

When I retire & my pension checks starts jamming my bank account...we gonna be jamming mon!

I did when I was a teenager in the '80s. I might use it occasionally after I retire.
    Getting buzzed and spending time out fishing or hiking sounds pretty good to me.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I did when I was a teenager in the '80s. I might use it occasionally after I retire.
    Getting buzzed and spending time out fishing or hiking sounds pretty good to me.
    I'm a new fan to stoner rock & the constant references to MJ has got me intrigued to say the least. Still has to wait till I retire next year.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Is this even allowed to be discussed? The legalization of marijuana has been discussed seriously among politicians, in colleges for legalization for at least 15 plus years and some nasty sheltered hillbillies think they can get you arrested simply for discussing the issues of the day and are in denial (conspiracy theorists) that this was being considered for legalization. I of course am a drug addict because I don't want to put pot smokers in jail and because I don't hate it/them I must be one.

Since smoke of any kind is dangerous to the health of all living creatures, I DO NOT. I am 35 and trying to be mindful of health. I DO have a history of illicit drug use in my teen years BUT... no. I do not believe smoking anything is good for you. That said, drug policy is a racist and classist beast and marijuana should not ever get anyone locked up in cages. IF it were legalized I would use marijuana for its health benefits by cooking with it, BUT I would never smoke it! That said, I used to do it about 20 years ago!

I did, expecially when i was a teen and during my time in the navy.

Good stuff, great for people with stress issues. Not my case though so, i don't know, at some point i gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I want to try it when it becomes legal in my state and when I do, it will likely be in pill or edible form. I've never been able to inhale smoke. I tried a cigarette once fifteen years ago when I was drunk and hated it, so I can't imagine any smoking regardless of what it is will be something I do.
    It's same with me dude I used to steal packs of cigarettes to get cool when I moved from Alabama freshmen year lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I'm a new fan to stoner rock & the constant references to MJ has got me intrigued to say the least. Still has to wait till I retire next year.
    what'd stoner rock? Psychedelia? Chillwave? DreamPop? Shoegazi?

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    Since smoke of any kind is dangerous to the health of all living creatures, I DO NOT. I am 35 and trying to be mindful of health. I DO have a history of illicit drug use in my teen years BUT... no. I do not believe smoking anything is good for you. That said, drug policy is a racist and classist beast and marijuana should not ever get anyone locked up in cages. IF it were legalized I would use marijuana for its health benefits by cooking with it, BUT I would never smoke it! That said, I used to do it about 20 years ago!
    Ugh this so this
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    I would use marijuana for its health benefits
    What are the health benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What are the health benefits?
    The leaves and stems are considered by some to be a superfood, especially when eaten raw. Like FLAX or Chia seeds, cannabis offers many benefits... Omega 3, Terpenes, high levels of magnesium, Cannabinoid Acids, and high amounts of essential amino acids.

https://mazakali.com/cannabis-original-super-food/

Ahhhh. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ahhhh. I see.
    And it Mellows people DaFuq out. I think it's rather subversive with so many people "stressing about so many things" more people don't toke Up....
    smh
    GrindrStone(D)