Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No More Mutants, Again

Franklin Richards gets really mad about his recent conversation with Professor X, gets back his full power, and declares "No more mutants." All mutants in the 616 abruptly lose their powers and most need to find a job. What kinds of jobs do various specific mutants seek?

For example, Scott Summers has a little bit of experience as a carnival worker and a fisherman, and also has some experience with teaching though probably no official teaching credentials. I think he would enjoy teaching, but could probably only work as a substitute teacher until he gets a degree.
    Last edited by Shellhead; 12-07-2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: do not to

Whatever Wolverine does, he’d be the best at it.

I suspect he’d be a barista that is two baristas.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Me: I want a mocha.

Logan: Name?

Me: Cthulhu.

*Logan scribbles down bub*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Me: I want a mocha.

Logan: Name?

Me: Cthulhu.

*Logan scribbles down bub*
    That's your fault for ordering a discochino.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I was genuinely surprised by the opening scene of Logan. Limo driver? Huh, I did not see that coming.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Wolverine could probably get a ton of lucrative positive, what with his being a superspy, a polyglot, and a Captain America tier martial artist with tons of experience training people, and apparently an expert hacker (probably due to the superspy thing) and expert of Japanese culture. He and Storm could probably run a pretty great art gallery by day, then rob rich criminals who are interested in art by night, or something.

Whatever else Cyclops devices to do, he could easily hustle people at pool if he ever needs to top off his bank account.

Gambit can probably help Logan and Ororo burgle people and be a contact for Scott whether he needs to find some gamblers that he can scam without feeling any guilt.

Some mutants are not going to do so well.

Wolverine dies of adamantium poisoning.

Cypher and Apocalypse get converted by techno-organic infection, no longer able to hold it in check via either hyper-communication or personal molecular control.

Martha the floating brain is probably in a lot of trouble too.

Wasn’t there a whole thing straight after the Mutant Massacre where it turned out that phased/intangible was Kitty’s default state, rather than corporeal?

If her power’s gone, she’s basically a ghost, isn’t she?

Sabretooth becomes a human Amazon drone with his jet-pack. Nobody complains about the delivery. Well, not twice.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Wasn’t there a whole thing straight after the Mutant Massacre where it turned out that phased/intangible was Kitty’s default state, rather than corporeal?

If her power’s gone, she’s basically a ghost, isn’t she?
    Not really? I mean, yes, her default state once her powers came in was that her powers are always active (like Wolverine's healing factor is always running), but she wasn't born that way and her pre-mutant self was solid by default. If she loses her mutant powers, she would lose the ability to phase in the first place.

Few Marvel mutants seem to have a college education, or even a trade school education. So it seems like many of them could end up as retail cashiers, servers, baristas, or delivery drivers.

Bobby Drake is a CPA, though probably inactive status. After he catches up on 120 hours of CPE, he could back to doing taxes or auditing with a public accounting firm.

Hank McCoy shouldn't have a problem getting work at a University or Hospital.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

He'd be dead. Without his Healing, he dies from Adamantium poisoning within the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    He'd be dead. Without his Healing, he dies from Adamantium poisoning within the month.
    Then that’s what he’d be best at.