Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

OP Question - In an AU setting maybe but with the ghost of OMD hanging like the Sword of Damocles over any romantic relationship Peter Parker has in 616 I say oh hell no!!!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    OP Question - In an AU setting maybe but with the ghost of OMD hanging like the Sword of Damocles over any romantic relationship Peter Parker has in 616 I say oh hell no!!!
    It will never leave. People won't let it. Stop deluding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Peter and Cindy are better off the farther away they are from each other.

The whole sex-crazed pheremone/Spider-Verse thing got their relationship off to a rocky start and was super problematic and Cindy genuinely doesn't seem to like Peter that much.
    Honestly, I think the creepy sex-crazed pheremone thing killed any shipping desires for most people.

Mighty Member

I’m not going to lie...when I saw the topic I thought this was by the wrath of the Sith, it’s right up that alley.... but to the topic at hand... I...guess?

Spectacular Member

Really don't get why people like characters like Silk or Spider-Gwen. Not trying to sound offensive or provocative, but I really don't get why or how. So... No, I would like to see Spider-Man stories that have nothing to do with this Order of the Web or other useless Spider characters.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Really don't get why people like characters like Silk or Spider-Gwen. Not trying to sound offensive or provocative, but I really don't get why or how. So... No, I would like to see Spider-Man stories that have nothing to do with this Order of the Web or other useless Spider characters.
    Honestly, it helps when the characters are given to writers that actually care about them and have a story to tell. I like Silk, but that doesn't mean I like how Dan Slott conceptualized her. Still surprised that Marvel was actually okay with that...

What makes the other spider characters popular, or interesting, is seeing the ideals and powers of Spider-Man from a different perspective. And like I mentioned above, it helps when they are given to a writer that explores what makes them different from Peter and how they would tackle a situation differently from him.

Astonishing Member

I disagree 100% with you. My opinion on Silk does not need to be repeated, but as for Gwen, Marvel has tried over and over again to make a variation of Gwen stick and except for Emma Stone and arguably Clone Conspiracy has failed. At some point they need to realize she is not cutting it as a character and they need to keep her away from Peter ( and stop with the games ( like the Clone Saga reference in Ghost Spider that was not even about her )).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-08-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think that's honestly the problem.

People seem to care more about the name Peter Parker, then who he is himself. A recurring problem that American media has.

I have yet to see why Peter is inherently too good for the other Spider-Characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Honestly, I think the creepy sex-crazed pheremone thing killed any shipping desires for most people.
    Very true, that's why I specified in an "AU setting".

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It will never leave. People won't let it. Stop deluding yourself.
    How am I "deluding" myself? I honestly have no idea what you mean by this besides being rude. What I meant was that any romance Peter has with a character not named MJ would be in constant danger from a future writer or editorial deciding to address the elephant in the room.

Extraordinary Member

No.

Keep them as friends........with benefits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that's honestly the problem.

People seem to care more about the name Peter Parker, then who he is himself. A recurring problem that American media has.

I have yet to see why Peter is inherently too good for the other Spider-Characters.
    That is so inaccurate on every level. There are plenty of people who want Spider-Man without or having a limited amount of Peter. That is one reason why Miles is successful. As for “Peter being better” he has a great supporting cast and rogues gallery ( without question the best in Marvel), so there is no need to have additional characters like “The Order Of The Web” in Amazing.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-08-2020 at 09:42 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hook her up with Miles cuz that Kamala thing ain't happening.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No.

Keep them as friends........with benefits.
    The relationship was problematic enough as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hook her up with Miles cuz that Kamala thing ain't happening.
    She acts younger than she is but she's as old as Peter. That ain't happening .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She acts younger than she is but she's as old as Peter. That ain't happening .
    A valid point.