Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

*Flashbacks to Dan Slott's introduction of Silk*

Yeah... no. I can't see them as anything more than friends with benefits. Also... Did they do anything back then?

Also Silk is a pretty boring character IMO.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Dzika_Sowa;5266485]*Flashbacks to Dan Slott's introduction of Silk*

Yeah... no. I can't see them as anything more than friends with benefits. Also... Did they do anything back then?

Also Silk is a pretty boring character IMO.[/QUOTE
    Not even benefits. Give me MJ in looks over Cindy (like comparing in her prime Ann-Margaret to Lucy Liu). Plus 1,000,000 times better of a character

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I disagree 100% with you. My opinion on Silk does not need to be repeated, but as for Gwen, Marvel has tried over and over again to make a variation of Gwen stick and except for Emma Stone and arguably Clone Conspiracy has failed. At some point they need to realize she is not cutting it as a character and they need to keep her away from Peter ( and stop with the games ( like the Clone Saga reference in Ghost Spider that was not even about her )).
    The thing is... There is no need to take Gwen back. Like, seriously. She's dead. Leave her like that, don't create multiple versions of her from other planets, don't create spider-characters inspired by her, don't do anything like that. And don't do that with ANY character, like MJ, aunt May, Flash, Harry... There is Peter, there is Miles and there are already 2 or 3 Spider-Women. This looks absolutely ridiculous.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think that's honestly the problem.

People seem to care more about the name Peter Parker, then who he is himself. A recurring problem that American media has.

I have yet to see why Peter is inherently too good for the other Spider-Characters.
    Maybe because he IS Spider-Man? He's been everyone's favorite hero for decades. Miles is ok, he's another guy and I can get it. But Spider-Gwen? When are we getting Spider-Aunt May? Spider-Uncle Ben? Spider-Peter's pillow? Spider-Peter's drugged toothpaste he used in the 90's? PETER PARKER IS SPIDER-MAN, the others are secondary spiders to me (including Miles, Miguel, Ben, Kaine...)

Astonishing Member

Silk/Cindy and Spider-Man/Peter would never work. Their bond is mere "animal attraction", no "spark". So I don't see anything good in it. It would be more interesting is Cindy's powers would be removed and transfered to someone else (Mary Jane or even Felicia).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Silk/Cindy and Spider-Man/Peter would never work. Their bond is mere "animal attraction", no "spark". So I don't see anything good in it. It would be more interesting is Cindy's powers would be removed and transfered to someone else (Mary Jane or even Felicia).
    Congratulations, you've just created an even worse idea.

Worse than an immature sex-crazed female Spider-Person whose primary power is biochemically induced seduction? C'mon, don't be silly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Maybe because he IS Spider-Man? He's been everyone's favorite hero for decades. Miles is ok, he's another guy and I can get it. But Spider-Gwen? When are we getting Spider-Aunt May? Spider-Uncle Ben? Spider-Peter's pillow? Spider-Peter's drugged toothpaste he used in the 90's? PETER PARKER IS SPIDER-MAN, the others are secondary spiders to me (including Miles, Miguel, Ben, Kaine...)
    we already have those. Point is the title Spiderman is now like the Green Lanterns or Flashes plus wasnt ITSV whole theme is that its just a mask.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

How is that worse? Back in the Spider-Island, MJ was capable of resist the virus for all those years she spent next to Peter. If MJ had Silk's powers, she and Peter would surely be able to resist the urge. Not to mention the Silk thing would be useful for MJ as model.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm both surprised and not the amount of people basically admitting they haven't read anything with Silk past those introductory Slott issues.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

How is that worse? Back in the Spider-Island, MJ was capable of resist the virus for all those years she spent next to Peter. If MJ had Silk's powers, she and Peter would surely be able to resist the urge. Not to mention the Silk thing would be useful for MJ as model.
    You guys pushed the MJ with powers button you shouldn't have done that on this forum, just wait until Jack and some of the others find out.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You guys pushed the MJ with powers button you shouldn't have done that on this forum, just wait until Jack and some of the others find out.

There is no need to MJ to have powers ( although I loved Marvel Team-Up with Red Sonja ( a personal favorite of mine)). Why? MJ is great the way she is. She does not need to go the Jane Foster route.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    There is no need to MJ to have powers ( although I loved Marvel Team-Up with Red Sonja ( a personal favorite of mine)). Why? MJ is great the way she is. She does not need to go the Jane Foster route.
    How many times will I have to keep saying it? MJ with superpowers is not about needing them to be relevant, but for her to be a way to survive all the crazy stuff she keeps gets trapped for being in a relationship with Spider-Man. And Jane Foster is not the first superhero's girlfriend to follow that route. Have you forgotten Pepper Potts as Rescue or Betty Ross as Red She-Hulk?

And besides, like I said, with Silk's powers, MJ could surely mix his natural fashion talent to create some great fabrics. Even if she doesn't kick villains' butt, have Silk's sewing abilities would be fitting for her, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

ah always appreciate a team4star laugh
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

How many times will I have to keep saying it? MJ with superpowers is not about needing them to be relevant, but for her to be a way to survive all the crazy stuff she keeps gets trapped for being in a relationship with Spider-Man. And Jane Foster is not the first superhero's girlfriend to follow that route. Have you forgotten Pepper Potts as Rescue or Betty Ross as Red She-Hulk?

And besides, like I said, with Silk's powers, MJ could surely mix his natural fashion talent to create some great fabrics. Even if she doesn't kick villains' butt, have Silk's sewing abilities would be fitting for her, don't you think?
    Because the fact that it's been done before naturally makes it a good thing./s

The reason why they did it was because without "normal" lives, "normal" people didn't have a place in their super lives anymore. Spider-Man and MJ don't need that.