Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wanting different things from comic books? You're really missing my point if you think I mean comics overall, civilians becoming super-heroes can work, and I do think something like Flash becoming Venom/Anti-Venom was good for his character, plus it made him the only Venom who's not Eddie work, but MJ is not a character I see benefitting from that. Try to avoid misunderstandings like this next time, otherwise discussions just won't be fun....
    And you should try not to be intransigent in your stances. Part of the reason I detest having discussions with other diehard North American Comic Book fans is their "my way or the highway" mentality, it stifles any sort of meaningful discourse when things have to remain the way they are frozen in amber and can never change. You do realize this type of attitude the idea "I want things the way they've always been the way I prefer them" (on the part of those in Marvel c.2007 in this example) caused OMD? I tried to end this amicably but whatever, you are obviously right and anyone who thinks differently is wrong. MJ with powers would be the worst thing ever the story told wouldn't matter it would be awful her character would be ruined by default. Enjoy your superiority of thought.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-13-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And you should try not to be intransigent in your stances. Part of the reason I detest having discussions with other diehard North American Comic Book fans is their "my way or the highway" mentality, it stifles any sort of meaningful discourse when things have to remain the way they are frozen in amber and can never change. You do realize this type of attitude the idea "I want things the way they've always been the way I prefer them" (on the part of those in Marvel c.2007 in this example) caused OMD? I tried to end this amicably but whatever, you are obviously right and anyone who thinks differently is wrong. MJ with powers would be the worst thing ever the story told wouldn't matter it would be awful her character would be ruined by default. Enjoy your superiority of thought.
    Still missing my point, so Imma try to make it crystal clear, for me MJ getting super-powers is a lame idea (Do note how many times I said a variation of "for me" and "I think" in previous posts when mentioning that), I never said anyone else should think like me, 'cause while I have some well placed arrogance, I'm not an idiot who thinks I hold the absolute truth over those things, after all, I fucking detest that MCU Spidey is mentored by Stark, I think that misses the point of the character dramatically, but it's also very popular, so it's an interpretation of the character that a lot of people like, even if one I don't, super-hero MJ could easily be an interpretation like that, and such interpretations are welcome to exist, and it's likely I'm just not going to like them, and that's okay.

That clear enough? 'Cause that's what I meant when I mentioned your misunderstanding making not fun discussions.

Still missing my point, so Imma try to make it crystal clear, for me MJ getting super-powers is a lame idea (Do note how many times I said a variation of "for me" and "I think" in previous posts when mentioning that), I never said anyone else should think like me, 'cause while I have some well placed arrogance, I'm not an idiot who thinks I hold the absolute truth over those things, after all, I fucking detest that MCU Spidey is mentored by Stark, I think that misses the point of the character dramatically, but it's also very popular, so it's an interpretation of the character that a lot of people like, even if one I don't, super-hero MJ could easily be an interpretation like that, and such interpretations are welcome to exist, and it's likely I'm just not going to like them, and that's okay.

That clear enough? 'Cause that's what I meant when I mentioned your misunderstanding making not fun discussions.
    Yet you attempted to pick apart every single thing I posted in meticulous detail. Whatever, I'm not getting dragged back into this. I have nothing more to add about the subject one way or another. Good day to you.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yet you attempted to pick apart every single thing I posted in meticulous detail. Whatever, I'm not getting dragged back into this. I have nothing more to add about the subject one way or another. Good day to you.
    Well, it's something I disagree with a lot, and I'm pretty damn good at pointing out stuff I don't like, so I'll do that lol.

But I see your point, sorry for sounding like an ass.

Astonishing Member

You complain about a superpowered MJ being bad, but when it happens, it totally rocks. We had a new case in the Bloodline's miniseries, where MJ not only turned to be alive, but she got Spider-Man's powers after Peter injected her with a cure destined to her. The part where she rescued her son, hitting a spider-monster with a piece of the bridge was so cool. In the end, Stark gave her and Benjy two new spider-suits, so I hope we will get a sequel because I want to see hos MJ looks with it.

Spectacular Member

If they didn't get rid of the "natural attraction" thing from the first appearance it could have been a nice hook for a sex-comedy book on the vein of Sex Criminals.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    If they didn't get rid of the "natural attraction" thing from the first appearance it could have been a nice hook for a sex-comedy book on the vein of Sex Criminals.
    Maybe, but I doubt that would have a long shelf life, as I'm pretty sure there are still some "morality clauses" in play for how Spider-Man gets depicted in comics (and other media).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt that would have a long shelf life, as I'm pretty sure there are still some "morality clauses" in play for how Spider-Man gets depicted in comics (and other media).
    really morality with Peter?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

There are some things that are no no’s. 1: Certain terms like the F Word and racist remarks like the N word are banned. 2: Topless shots of female characters. Those are two obvious ones that come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    really morality with Peter?
    Marvel has twice shot down a story in which Peter has a child out of wedlock. A book in vein of a comic called "Sex Criminals" starring Peter has no chance in hell of happening, let alone lasting 12 issues.

As a romantic couple doubt it. But as close friends in platonic relationship working together may be.
    Pete is now assistant college instructor and Cindy has taken over the whole reporter shtick.

I could see the investigative journalist Cindy, helping out Spidey solve crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You complain about a superpowered MJ being bad, but when it happens, it totally rocks.
    Doesn't happen too much to begin with, and when it does, it's kinda whatever for me.

Although I remember thinking the Venom story from RYV was cool (Even though I see RYV as just some random alternate universe), so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel has twice shot down a story in which Peter has a child out of wedlock. A book in vein of a comic called "Sex Criminals" starring Peter has no chance in hell of happening, let alone lasting 12 issues.
    Only way it could happen is if it's something like Trouble, where the characters have the same names, but aren't explicitly said to be those characters, even then it's still unlikely, since Trouble happened 'cause it's about aunt May, uncle Ben, and Peter's parents, and Peter himself isn't there (Well, until "May" is pregnant with him that is... What the fuck Mark Millar lol).
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-17-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't happen too much to begin with, and when it does, it's kinda whatever for me.

Although I remember thinking the Venom story from RYV was cool (Even though I see RYV as just some random alternate universe), so there's that.
    There's also the Spider-Island's thing, where MJ was the one who resisted better the virus thanks to be close to Peter's DNA for years. And the ending of the "Bloodline" arc makes me wish for a sequel. And although it was an alternative universe, it doesn't change it was fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Well, I have been reading comics of both Cindy Moon/Silk and Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Cindy has developed a lot, has made friends, and became her own character and develped a personality and history, so I want to know in your opinion if this two could work as a couple, I know Peter is currently back with Mary Jane, but if he wasn't, what is your opinion of this two together now that Silk has gotten the time to grow?
    I think it would be interesting if done well with a natural progression. Kinda done with the MJ "just because" hype. Plus, looking at the Spiderman threads all the supporting character response leaves his in the dust. So maybe Peter needs a boost. When the core Spiderman has the smaller threads u know something is wrong.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 12-21-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.