Default What if Captain America was never thawed (MCU)

Let's say that when Cap brings down the plane in The First Avenger he is killed in the ice. How does this effect the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Let's say that when Cap brings down the plane in The First Avenger he is killed in the ice. How does this effect the universe?
    Hydra takes control of the world in WS and annihilates a bunch of the supers. Hypothetically maybe someone like the black panther will have to be the one to stop the insight helicarriers.

Oh, with Stephen Strange offer by the insight carriers, I guess no one stops whatshisface in Dr. Strange and ultimately earth falls to Dormammu.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Hydra takes control of the world in WS and annihilates a bunch of the supers. Hypothetically maybe someone like the black panther will have to be the one to stop the insight helicarriers.

Oh, with Stephen Strange offer by the insight carriers, I guess no one stops whatshisface in Dr. Strange and ultimately earth falls to Dormammu.
    My head canon is that Tony watched the crashing of the Experimental Shield Helicarriers at the end of The Winter Soldier on the news and then griped to JARVIS about the afternoon he had apparently wasted designing and uploading a trojan into SHIELD's systems a few months ago to make those things start publicly releasing all of SHIELD's secrets while replacing the hit list with a list of Hydra agents at the last second.

Astonishing Member

...He'd have to change his name to Captain Cold.

BANNED

Natasha would have to use the Quantum Realm, go to Vormir, kick Clint's arse and perform Akuma's Hayakkishou on herself all the way down the cliff for a double suicide.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post

I think the timelines are such that Strange had already stopped Dormammu by the time of WS, right? Given how powerful he is realised, I'm not sure the helicarriers could get him inside the Sanctum.

Also, doesn't this technically mean that Thor kills/maims Iron Man in their first encounter as Cap isn't there to break up the fight?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think the timelines are such that Strange had already stopped Dormammu by the time of WS, right? Given how powerful he is realised, I'm not sure the helicarriers could get him inside the Sanctum.

Also, doesn't this technically mean that Thor kills/maims Iron Man in their first encounter as Cap isn't there to break up the fight?
    Even more: without Cap there, once Tony is KO'd, Thor simply brings Loki to Asgard and effectively ends the Chitauri threat entirely.

This likely rends everything else impossible, meaning no Snap (Thanks isn't getting those stones), no Blip, etc.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Even more: without Cap there, once Tony is KO'd, Thor simply brings Loki to Asgard and effectively ends the Chitauri threat entirely.

This likely rends everything else impossible, meaning no Snap (Thanks isn't getting those stones), no Blip, etc.
    Good ole ‘Thanks’. He never gets the gratitude his name demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Good ole ‘Thanks’. He never gets the gratitude his name demands.
    That was good enough autoincorrect that I'm not even editing it.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Didn't Thanos give that stone to Loki? Also Thanos got the power stone from the Collector. Got the Ether from Asgard, and got a stone from the Nova Corp. I think it ends up with the Snap anyway.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Nah, Dr. Strange was being asked to deal with Rhodie's injuries from Civil War just before he went off the cliff at the start of his own movie, IIRC. Not to mention that Endgame said that Dr. Strange took place like 5 years after Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Didn't Thanos give that stone to Loki? Also Thanos got the power stone from the Collector. Got the Ether from Asgard, and got a stone from the Nova Corp. I think it ends up with the Snap anyway.
    Nope, the Tesseract was on Earth already. Thanos sent Loki with the Glowstick of Destiny (which, for whatever reason, contained another stone). Loki figured out the Tesseract by himself (after credits scene from Thor), somehow hooked up with Thanos & Friends, came to Earth, caused some mischief, Odin used "dark energy" to send Thor there, Thor grabs Loki from IM and Cap, kicks Tony's ass, then... Avengers. Had there been no Cap, IM would be dropped, Thor would physically abuse Loki until he revealed the location of the Tesseract, then bring them both back to Asgard. This PROBABLY leads to Odin still being on the throne and creates issues with the Thor TDW timeline, in which case they would have been unlikely to give the reality stone (the Aether) to the collector, keeping both on Asgard, or just hiding one away better than that.

Thanos got the power stone from the Nova Corps, Reality from the Collector, Space from Loki (but only because Odin was tricked/weakened/etc. by Loki in TDW, forcing them to flee, blah blah), already HAD the Mind in the GSoD but had to get it again from Vision's cranium because... movies, got the Soul from Vormir and the Time from Strange.

Also, with Loki imprisoned in Asgard early, Odin never gets weakened. It's heavily implied Thanos only makes his move on the stones once Odin dies, so provided Odin doesn't bite it, the tessaract is safe in Asgard's vault to this day.