Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I played this song on youtube as I read the comic. It seems to typify the Peter-Harry dynamic:

Any fans of The Venture Bros. here?

Finally read it, is an improvement over the previous issues and i did like the artwork, but jesus the pace really kill the momentum of the story, at least something big is gonna come out of this considering the amount of nods to OMD.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Finally read it, is an improvement over the previous issues and i did like the artwork, but jesus the pace really kill the momentum of the story, at least something big is gonna come out of this considering the amount of nods to OMD.
    Or is it? .

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Or is it? .
    Well that, or we have to expect six more issues before something happens, who knows maybe we would get Kindred/Liz wedding that obviously everyone is anticipating, i hope that he keep the centipedes to a minimum thought lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well... I loved the issue. You dont get a lot of Spidey issues like this. This is fantastic and Harry means serious business as can be seen. This isnt the same Harry as before.

I dont get why so many can't just enjoy the arc. Its been building up to this so long, why would anyone expect it to just end quickly?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Well... I loved the issue. You dont get a lot of Spidey issues like this. This is fantastic and Harry means serious business as can be seen. This isnt the same Harry as before.

I dont get why so many can't just enjoy the arc. Its been building up to this so long, why would anyone expect it to just end quickly?
    And it's not going to end quickly; even if the arc finishes in 55, the consequences and repercussions will be felt for a good long while to come . . . assuming we can trust the solicits.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post

Mainly because the last two issues were so thin in content and feel like padding, this issue is a better but it feels like we should have gotten to this point sooner.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mainly because the last two issues were so thin in content and feel like padding, this issue is a better but it feels like we should have gotten to this point sooner.
    Yeah, content wise there's some cool crazy stuff happening for sure in this story so far but my issues boil down to the pacing feeling really plodding as we keep treading over the same similar beats again and again as we wait to find out what he's really after. I suppose that all will come out in the next issue with the conclusion, my feelings as soon as we saw the solicits was that the story wouldn't end well for Spidey and would result in sort of the low point for Peter in Spencer's overall story. I feel like we'll get another face-off with Kindred around ASM#900.

Well that, or we have to expect six more issues before something happens, who knows maybe we would get Kindred/Liz wedding that obviously everyone is anticipating,
    I'm now imagining an X-Men Gold situation, with an issue promissing to remarry Peter and MJ, but then something stupid happens to prevent it, and then Kindred and Liz decide to get married there to not waste a marriage .

i hope that he keep the centipedes to a minimum thought lol.
    Honestly, after the shit Liz went through, it's possible she wouldn't notice, or even care, about the centipedes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And it's not going to end quickly; even if the arc finishes in 55, the consequences and repercussions will be felt for a good long while to come . . . assuming we can trust the solicits.
    Solicits are bad enough that assuming they're lying is the safer choice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I often sit here and debate whether I should reply to some posts or not because some people are so passionate about these issues that it almost seems futile to even get a word in edgewise. I think you may be the only user I can reply to that doesn't make it feel like a chore to be on this site. With that said, I agree with you completely.

I've been reading Spider-Man comics since 1993. I have seen some really crappy points (the 1998 relaunch) and I have loved specific eras that others have hated, such as the Dan Slott era. I don't want to sit here and hate. I don't want to sit here and be a negative Ned. I have generally enjoyed Spencer's run for the most part. I have a lot of going on in my life so I do not really recall the early arcs or the fine details of each arc so I cannot sit here and act like every arc has either been uncut diamonds or a heaping pile of crap in a desert on the hottest day of the year. However, I cannot defend this arc at all. The decompression absolutely makes this book like a chore to read and I say that as someone who enjoys stories about Norman and Harry Osborn and anything Green Goblin related for the most part. I understand we cannot be given answers immediately and i respect that... hell i lived through the 90's clone saga and actually liked it and liked it even more when the Osborn Journal came out. But seriously Harry keep droning on and on about knowing shit but not saying shit is just stupidly annoying.
    Dude I’m completely with you. I get it. There are times when I’m contemplating making a response to a post but just back off for the exact same reason. Somehow, people assume that fair criticism somehow makes you a hater of the material. Who goes into something wanting to dislike it? I’m trying my hardest to enjoy this. I like Spencer but I hear some people saying this is one of the greatest runs ever for a writer of Spider-Man. I get it, to each his own but come on now..

2020 has been insane and taken a toll on everyone. Honestly I don’t have the patience at this stage with so much going on in my life to sit through this padding and decompression. I can’t justify spending money on these issues when it’s so blatantly obvious that the story is being needlessly stretched out.

In recent memory, I can’t recall going into a story on such a “high” with my expectations off the charts to suddenly....feeling like
    I could care less what happens at this point.

Imagine... If they would do something worse than OMD, and then LR would be the most hated Spider-Man story xD

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Imagine... If they would do something worse than OMD, and then LR would be the most hated Spider-Man story xD
    I do not want to be a prophet of doom, but you may be right. Ladies and gentlemen, I feel that Brand New Day II is coming. TASM #55 will reveal OMD deal, but it will end in Peter's defeat from "a certain point of view". Probably he will find out that he cannot be with Mary Jane, because if he is, then all hell breaks loose (like Harry turning into Kindred etc.). Just for the sake of others Peter will again sacrifice his relationship with Mary Jane to save Harry (as his friend) and all closed ones who could be endangered by Kindred if he returns again. Probably MJ will also find out about the deal and she will accept another parting with Peter. In this way they both will save Harry from himself (or rather his demonic alter ego - it looks like Harry is switching between a good and a bad guy). Remember the first supervillain after OMD? Yep, Mister Negative. And we have him in TASM #59, just after the issue called "the end of one era of Nick Spencer’s run". TASM #60 is focused on SM&MJ, but it will be a story about their goodbye to eatch other. So the conclusion of Last Remains will be: Peter will know that he cannot be with MJ not just because of his inner feeling but rather certain knowledge that his relationship with her means a cataclysm for his loved ones.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 12-10-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm now imagining an X-Men Gold situation, with an issue promissing to remarry Peter and MJ, but then something stupid happens to prevent it, and then Kindred and Liz decide to get married there to not waste a marriage .
    Maybe Mysterio shows up to kidnap Mary Jane because he's fallen for her after working on the movie together or the police bust in to arrest her for aiding and abetting Mysterio and a fraudulent film production .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Mysterio shows up to kidnap Mary Jane because he's fallen for her after working on the movie together or the police bust in to arrest her for aiding and abetting Mysterio and a fraudulent film production .
    i actually was expecting a romance plot from Mysterio hey could still happen.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    I do not want to be a prophet of doom, but you may be right. Ladies and gentlemen, I feel that Brand New Day II is coming. TASM #55 will reveal OMD deal, but it will end in Peter's defeat from "a certain point of view". Probably he will find out that he cannot be with Mary Jane, because if he is, then all hell breaks loose (like Harry turning into Kindred etc.). Just for the sake of others Peter will again sacrifice his relationship with Mary Jane to save Harry (as his friend) and all closed ones who could be endangered by Kindred if he returns again. Probably MJ will also find out about the deal and she will accept another parting with Peter. In this way they both will save Harry from himself (or rather his demonic alter ego - it looks like Harry is switching between a good and a bad guy). Remember the first supervillain after OMD? Yep, Mister Negative. And we have him in TASM #59, just after the issue called "the end of one era of Nick Spencer’s run". TASM #60 is focused on SM&MJ, but it will be a story about their goodbye to eatch other. So the conclusion of Last Remains will be: Peter will know that he cannot be with MJ not just because of his inner feeling but rather certain knowledge that his relationship with her means a cataclysm for his loved ones.
    I've been seeing people say the only way Harry being Kindred makes sense is if MJ/Pete being together tripped some kind of switch in the deal that made Harry into Kindred, but jeez, if that's true, I think alotta people are gonna be upset as all hell if Kindred wins here and keeps them apart, in a way that let's Harry live a peaceful life like he has till now.