Default Doomsday Clock is reminding me of the 2nd season of Westworld

Reading Doomsday Clock, and it feels like they are just making it up as they go along. Reminds me of the 2nd season of Westworld. Not going anywhere, and not making much sense or having any direction.

Think I might be out.

Extraordinary Member

I’m feeling the opposite. IMO, the story seems pretty intricate and thought out. It’s a slow burn definitely, but it’s one that seems to be slowly revealing a very detailed and complex story.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Reading Doomsday Clock, and it feels like they are just making it up as they go along. Reminds me of the 2nd season of Westworld. Not going anywhere, and not making much sense or having any direction.

Think I might be out.
    wow -- that's a really mean comparison

Not for anything but I would say that S2 Westworld was more like Matrix 2 and 3 - over-indulgent and nonsensical, thinking that it's deeper than it actually is.

Doomsday Clock by your description, might be more like Battlestar Galactica - they totally admitted they were making it up as they went along and introduced things not knowing where it was going to go.

Remains to be seen which one DClock is. Personally, it seems to me Johns has the whole thing thought up already, but it's just taking too long to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    wow -- that's a really mean comparison

Not for anything but I would say that S2 Westworld was more like Matrix 2 and 3 - over-indulgent and nonsensical, thinking that it's deeper than it actually is.

Doomsday Clock by your description, might be more like Battlestar Galactica - they totally admitted they were making it up as they went along and introduced things not knowing where it was going to go.

Remains to be seen which one DClock is. Personally, it seems to me Johns has the whole thing thought up already, but it's just taking too long to get there.
    haha, sorry if I was too rough with my comparison, lol. My impatience and frustration with Doomsday Clock just reminded me of watching that second season of Westworld. Where I found myself not getting excited to see the next episode, it felt more of a chore that I had to dedicate an hour to.

Hope you're right, Johns is awesome and I've always loved his stuff, but I think I might have to wait and read it all later once its complete.