Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I read once that she plays the harmonica in the comics in order to keep her vocal chords in shape. That should be canon.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    I read once that she plays the harmonica in the comics in order to keep her vocal chords in shape. That should be canon.
    Yes! I remember that now. I think that was during Dwayne MacDuffie's run. She was just playing it to kill time while she was on monitor duty.

So, okay, she can play harmonica, at least!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    AHHAHHAHAA, the narration in this is so overblown and hammy.XD You didn't post the second page though which is my favorite part. I think it goes something like: "then they were struck by the slashing sword of guilt" with the art showing Batman and Black Canary tearing away from each other melodramatically.

She was also a major badass in the Green Arrow short written by Greg Weisman.

It's a shame that those Showcase cartoons are apparently discontinued.

Always Rakzo

That was a wonderfully done GA short, I wish DC would create more.

Turns out one of my local comic shops still had one of these. Adam Hughes ftw!

Ultimate Member

Quite frankly, I've never been a fan of the fishnets. The rest of her costume is good (except when some artists draw it as little more than a thong), but not the fishnets. Her costume on Arrow is much better imo.

Always Rakzo

Speaking for myself, I love the fishnets on Dinah, they simply look good on her.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Speaking for myself, I love the fishnets on Dinah, they simply look good on her.
    Hear, hear!

Fishnets forever!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Agreed about the fishnets. They work with the character. Zatanna and Black Canary should be wearing fishnets as part of their costumes.

She only got a small part in that one though. I want to see a full length short starring her. Or maybe a movie focused on her, animated or live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Quite frankly, I've never been a fan of the fishnets. The rest of her costume is good (except when some artists draw it as little more than a thong), but not the fishnets. Her costume on Arrow is much better imo.
    Her costume on Arrow does indeed look great, but imo the fishnets are also an iconic part of her character design. They're probably not as impractical as the high heels she's wearing depending on the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She only got a small part in that one though. I want to see a full length short starring her. Or maybe a movie focused on her, animated or live action.
    I could see them doing a Black Canary short if they were still producing the DC Showcase shorts. But I don't think that DC or Warner have enough faith in the character to carry her own feature film (both live action and animated) and the closest thing we might get will either be an appearance in Justice League or a Birds of Prey movie.

IMO, her best costume came during Gail Simone's BOP run. Ed Benes also managed to gave her a distinctive look by giving her a very round face shape and bangs.

Of course, Benes can only draw women looking like the same way so while it initially made BC distinct, it turned out that every woman draw by Benes including Zatanna look the same.

I could see them doing a Black Canary short if they were still producing the DC Showcase shorts. But I don't think that DC or Warner have enough faith in the character to carry her own feature film (both live action and animated) and the closest thing we might get will either be an appearance in Justice League or a Birds of Prey movie.
    Which story would people like to see animated for a short?

My pick would be Secret Origins #50: http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1304586.html

One of the things I love about Post Crisis Black Canary was that she had one of the best origins of any superhero. I don't think many people are aware of the legacy aspect of the character nor her connection to the JSA. Many would probably write her off as 'GA's girlfriend' and not as her own hero who just so happened to have ended up dating the main character of the GA books. Hence why, I would love the see Secret Origins #50 animated so non-comic books and even some comic book fans would be more aware of the character and her rich history.

Post Crisis, she is kind of like the bridge between the old era of the JSA and the new era of the JLA. Raised by the former and helped found the latter in the new continuity plus served on the JSA and the BOP and became the chairwoman of the JLA for a brief while. There is no toppling WW but I consider Post Crisis BC to be the First Lady of the DCU, you could say that Dick is not the only natural leader of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [...]
    One of the things I love about Post Crisis Black Canary was that she had one of the best origins of any superhero. I don't think many people are aware of the legacy aspect of the character nor her connection to the JSA. Many would probably write her off as 'GA's girlfriend' and not as her own hero who just so happened to have ended up dating the main character of the GA books. Hence why, I would love the see Secret Origins #50 animated so non-comic books and even some comic book fans would be more aware of the character and her rich history.
    I haven't seen that origin story before but DC apparently erased the entire legacy aspect of the character with the New 52 reboot. From what I've read, in most of her appearances with Green Arrow (depending on the writer) Dinah is either holding the idiot ball or depowered and/or out of character to have both characters on the same level.

I would actually prefer a Birds of Prey animated series but WB animation doesn't seem to be interested in anything with a more serious tone than Teen Titans Go! and the would also have to explain how Barbara became Oracle.