Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I miss the Dinah of yore to be honest. New 52 Dinah just isn't as fun.
    ...or as competent, bad-ass or anywhere even close to being as all-round awesome.

BANNED

Was Silk Spectre directly inspired by Black Canary, or do they merely happen to share many qualities in common?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    [...]
    One of the most iconic Black Canary covers:

This I like.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Was Silk Spectre directly inspired by Black Canary, or do they merely happen to share many qualities in common?
    According to TVTropes, Alan Moore has said that both the legacy aspect of Silk Spectre I and II as well as the name "Laurie" have been inspired by Black Canary. So I don't think it's just a coincidence.

I especially liked this fight from Birds of Prey V2.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Silk Spectre is supposed to be Nightshade but Moore decided to take inspiration from Black Canary for the legacy aspects as well as Phantom Lady for the character.

Pics from Zatanna/Black Canary: Bloodspell.

Plus a review by Chris Sims of Comics Alliance.

http://comicsalliance.com/black-cana...nes-paul-dini/

I thought Amanda Conner was going to draw the OGN, guess those delays happened for a reason. That said, I'm okay with the different artist, although Dinah's nose looks a little weird.
    With BOP about to be cancelled, I wonder what they'll do with Dinah. I'd be in favor of either a new Black Canary series or a relaunch of Birds of Prey with a new creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    I thought Amanda Conner was going to draw the OGN, guess those delays happened for a reason. That said, I'm okay with the different artist, although Dinah's nose looks a little weird.
    With BOP about to be cancelled, I wonder what they'll do with Dinah. I'd be in favor of either a new Black Canary series or a relaunch of Birds of Prey with a new creative team.
    I'm hoping for a retcon... like everything she thought about her life was a lie, then we can get closer to the pre-52 Dinah. A new BOP would be nice but most likely she will just show up in a JLA book.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

From Birds of Prey #31

Birds of Prey 31 page 5.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BLACK CANARY/ZATANNA: BLOODSPELL IS OUT NOW! GO BUY IT!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Iconic Black Canary covers. Now all in one place!

By Carmine Infantino

By Carmine Infantino (again! Anyone notice a pattern?)

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

By Brian Stelfreeze

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I really hope that if there is indeed a new Crisis in 2015, we get Dinah Lance back.

Definitely will pick it up next time I stop by the comicbook store!
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

[...]
    Unfortunately, I'm running out of space on my shelf... I'll probably snatch the paperback once it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    It's kind of weird to see Dinah wearing pants. Which is not a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I'm hoping for a retcon... like everything she thought about her life was a lie, then we can get closer to the pre-52 Dinah. A new BOP would be nice but most likely she will just show up in a JLA book.
    That's pretty much what I'm hoping for as well. But does DC even consider her to be a high-profile character anymore? I'm still missing pre-reboot Dinah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm hoping for as well. But does DC even consider her to be a high-profile character anymore? I'm still missing pre-reboot Dinah.
    Given how successful her appearance on Arrow was, I wouldn't be surprised if DC went ahead and promoted her to headlining an ongoing. At least that's what I'm hoping for. They do seem to be actively seeking to bring her closer to her tv counterpart by linking her to Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins. It's a better direction than anything they've done with her since the New 52 launched.

I still miss the pre-New 52 character, though. Wish they'd just get rid of the terrible plot with the husband already. While I certainly do not share Didio's vision on comic book marriage, I don't understand why Black Canary seems to be the only exception when it's clearly bringing her down even when it's not a "happy" marriage per se.

The Birds of Prey without Oracle never really worked, especially the latest iteration of the team with Condor and such. And since bringing Huntress in is apparently out of the question at the moment as one of the Helenas belongs on Earth 2 and the other one is undercover with Grayson, they'd be better off just letting the book cool down for a bit.