Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Wait, are we NOT getting that bombshell image on a cover somewhere? If so, what the hell? That's one of the best designs out of all of them! My wife is going to be p!ssed, she loves these variant covers, and Dinah is a favorite for both of us.

Anyway, lots of love for the Canary, but the New52 version needs a ton of work to be worthwhile. I keep trying to read BoP but man its pretty horrible.

Someone just needs to find the right character hook, and with the right creative team she'd be all good. Canary just needs the same sort of soft-revamp that Arrow got when Lemire came on.

......Actually, how busy IS Lemire's schedule? I'd be interested in his take on Canary.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I'm still a little disappointed that the rumored plans for the DC Cinematic Universe pretty much kill any chance of seeing Dinah on the big screen. To be honest, I'd prefer an animated original movie based on the Birds of Prey Pre-New 52 but that would be just about as unlikely...
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I recently did some hard core BC appreciating and made a tribute video for her. She's amazing.

Definitely getting that figure, I wish her comics counterpart looked half as good nowadays. She really needs to get the jacket back!

And it wouldn't be terrible if she dropped the fishnets already in favor of something like this. Given Batgirl's recent re-design, I hope Dinah gets a similar treatment for whenever she appears next after BOP thankfully comes to an end. The last issue was just painful to read, I hope Mark Doyle has a new direction for her in progress.

Definitely getting that figure, I wish her comics counterpart looked half as good nowadays. She really needs to get the jacket back!

And it wouldn't be terrible if she dropped the fishnets already in favor of something like this. Given Batgirl's recent re-design, I hope Dinah gets a similar treatment for whenever she appears next after BOP thankfully comes to an end.
    Yeah she could use a costume revamp.
    Last edited by HunterX; 07-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post

And it wouldn't be terrible if she dropped the fishnets already in favor of something like this. Given Batgirl's recent re-design, I hope Dinah gets a similar treatment for whenever she appears next after BOP thankfully comes to an end. The last issue was just painful to read, I hope Mark Doyle has a new direction for her in progress.
    I wouldn't mind incorporating the costume in Arrow into the comics, just get rid of the mask. But the costume is probably my least concern in terms of fixing Dinah's chracter. :/
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Default Drawn by Tsubasa Yozora.

BANNED

I wonder if DC will ever evolve or upgrade her powers. Some believe that along with Vibration sound creates matter.

http://www.ted.com/conversations/360...te_matter.html

Can sound create matter

In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, the Word was God.
    `Bible

It is said in the Bhagwad Gita and in the Bible that the word or the sound (AUM/ AMEN/ AMEEN) was the pranava or the primary point from where everything had come up and evolved to this stage... probably everything that we see. I know what I am talking may not be scientific. But could it be true that it was due to the vibration/ the sound AUM/AMEN/AMEEN that everything I, you, we all have seen, and could not/ would ever not see had come out..

I hope Cymatics can help us find answers..

So, this volume of Birds of Prey is finally over. And now it turns out the bland guy she was moping about all the time had married her out of pity and left her without even looking...

As if wasn't hard enough to wash away the bad taste from Black Canary being reduced to this:

Birds of Prey (2011-) 034-009.jpg

She makes Amanda Waller look like the sensible one. And they couldn't synchronize the status of her relationship with Batgirl between books? In one they're BFFs and in the other one Babs outright hates her... and to be honest, so do I.

This is near Andrew Kriesberg's Green Arrow/Black Canary run levels bad. I really hope the Futures End issue pulls her in a whole different direction and that there's a whole new take of her down the road. But it will be hard to redeem her character after this hot mess.

Really upset at how terrible she has been treated in the New 52, she was one of my favorite characters and now I can't stand the sight of her. I want the Black Canary from Paul Dini and Joe Quinones' Bloodspell GN, the capable hero from Young Justice. Someone at least resembling the character she used to be.

Ultimate Member

CoughBlackCanarysolobook. CoughBlack Canary/Zatanna team-upbookcough.