Exodus is more of a son then the twins to Magneto
    List of Magneto's children according to how much he loves them:
    -Cyclops
    -Polaris
    -His helmet
    -Quicksilver
    -Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Liked that Erik's beef with Wanda is now causing diplomatic issues for Krakoa, and he's clearly not about to drop the issue. They need to just go bowling and work it out between themselves.
    That's like the opposite of my reading.

Especially with Paibok's line, I thought the obvious implication is that Magneto is being insincere about his dedication to the "Pretender" narrative, that he's just towing the official line rather than offering his own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Astonishing X-Men

10char
    Cool. Thanks. I wonder if any more Resistants will be in this.

What a great place give new use to unused characters. Same reason I loved Avengers Initiative.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Great first issue! The Wanda bits... Does Erik still see her as a daughter? She was his daughter for so damn long... (and still might be as well as a mutant) Yeah, they need to get over the Wanda thing. Make her and Pietro mutants again and the children of Magneto instead of these stupid retcons...
    There’s got to be a pretty easy get-out in there somewhere where Wanda demutanted Pietro and herself on M-Day, and somehow it gets reversed. It’s comics - this sort of **** happens all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    List of Magneto's children according to how much he loves them:
    -Cyclops
    -Polaris
    -His helmet
    -Quicksilver
    -Wanda
    Wanda got unlucky with fathers, her bio is also terrible. I guess Steve can be her daddy

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's like the opposite of my reading.

Especially with Paibok's line, I thought the obvious implication is that Magneto is being insincere about his dedication to the "Pretender" narrative, that he's just towing the official line rather than offering his own thoughts.
    Thisi show I view it, he is doing a character with a bravado. But inside he has doubts
    Last edited by baxer; 12-09-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Loved it. Great first issue. Everything is set, purpose is clear, lots of character moments and a mini-adventure.

Is "ol' Marv" that Peepers is working with in Analysis someone whom I should know? I'm blanking on the reference.

Also this quasi Acolytes reunion and no Unuscione? Carmella would work well with Armor and she has experience helping to erect giant shields (see Age of X).

Having Paibok in this book is great too. Let’s see his ex Lyja come punch him next!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

It was an amazing beginning. Just LOVE it.
    The picks for the staff are almost sublime. The teleporter group is super cool. I really like the idea of the 6.
    I would liked that Skids was not the backup of Armor, and i would prefer Lila instead of Manifold for the six.
    Cannot wait for more. The art is so gorgeous.
    My picks for more staff: unuscione for security and scanner for observation

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There’s got to be a pretty easy get-out in there somewhere where Wanda demutanted Pietro and herself on M-Day, and somehow it gets reversed. It’s comics - this sort of **** happens all the time.
    They can just say their fluctuating parentage/mutant status is due to Wanda's powers subconsciously altering reality according to how she feels about Magneto at the time, but that they are legitimately mutants and legitimately his children.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

it really looked like an ophanim
    Any further info on what an ophanim is?

And I have to agree with all the sentiments, what a fantastic issue, perfectly captures the roles of the cast, gave everyone a moment, and a mystery setting up the overall direction. Definitely got HOX/POX vibes from just the scope of everything Ewing accomplished in one issue.

I thought the explanation for mutant technology was inspired and I love when comics can take a known theme and expand upon it. Mentioning the Fastball special was a nice touch as was the introduction of the Six, just so much to unpack from this issue. I also was surprised to read that the second stage of the resurrection process could require any standard telepathic talent. We've seen Xavier and Grey perform, it but I thought X-Force and HOX/POX described it as requiring a telepath of sufficient strength to do so.

I wanted to agree with all the opinions associated with this cast, I have to say the stories aside I LOVE how this era focuses on pushing "B,C, or D list" characters and giving them substantive roles. They aren't just thrown on teams for cameos they are actually valued members and I love that for the X-franchise as a whole and I'm going to honestly hate it when things fall back into the status quo, as so many great character fall into limbo.

By the way, where have they gone, is it the White Hot Room?

That is the center of creation, which would be ironically just the opposite of what the Ultimates did (Go as far from reality as possible).

Amazing Member

Characters I’d love to see pop up here down the line:
    Neophyte, RemRam, Garguille, Unuscione
    Thumbelina
    Mesmero
    Ariel
    Trinary
    Rusty, Thunderbird, Cecelia
    Caliban

Incredible Member

Jeez... I gotta get this book!! The cast sounds amazing!! I finally get what Magneto feels about Wanda!! Teddy shows up I guess!! Hell yes baby!! Space X-men is always where its at. Polaris should've been here dagnabbit!!