Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default S.W.O.R.D. #1 Spoilers/Review

Review: 9/10. This reminded me of X-Men meets Ultimates, which I loved. Nobody does cosmic stuff like Ewing. Also, the fact that characters like Wiz Kid, Risque, Manifold, Lila Cheney, and [I'm assuming this is 616] Blink have places to shine really speaks to how great the new Krakoan status quo is for highlighting all of the X-line's forgotten characters.

Spoilers:

Magneto shows up to the Peak, which is now overseen by Brand since she quit Alpha Flight. She bristles at being so closely attached to Krakoa, since in her view mutants and humans aren't that different; they're both "Earthers" and think in terms of nations, not solar systems, which is what she's there to do. She stresses that she works in conjuction with Krakoa, not for Krakoa, even though her entire staff is made up of Krakoans.

Kid Cable runs security, Frenzy runs diplomacy (????), Wiz Kid runs technology, Manifold runs logistics, Fabian Cortez is runs energy resources (Magneto isn't feeling it), and whoever's running Observation/Analysis is blacked out in the data page.

We're also introduced to The Six (Wiz Kid, Manifold, Armor, Cortez, Risque, Peeper) who are to multiversal travel + retrieval what The Five are to resurrections. They combine their powers to travel to the edge of space, and steal something they bring back to the Peak. I don't know what it was, but everyone's very impressed.

The art is gorgeous.

Eox77ACXYAARQQ1.jpg

As I said in another thread I don't undrstand why ariel is not on the teleport team. She is a mutant and an alien. she would have fitted a space themed series + she is Taki's friend

It’s nice to see that the roster of this book is bigger than it originally seemed. I am curious of which Blink that is though considering that both are living in 616.

Risque! Faded will be so happy, wherever she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s nice to see that the roster of this book is bigger than it originally seemed. I am curious of which Blink that is though considering that both are living in 616.
    How come they both live in 616?

The original one has been ressurected, but what about the AOA version?

Loved Magneto blowing off Cortez and then treating bloody Peepers as a dear old friend.

Blink 616 is in Krakoa

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So who were shown in the comic outside f the data pages?

I know about Wiz-Kid, Frenzy, Magneto, Cable, Cortez and Brand, but who of the supporting cast actually made appearances?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    How come they both live in 616?

The original one has been ressurected, but what about the AOA version?
    Well Exiles Vol 2 implied AoA Blink kept traveling the multiverse but Saladin Ahmed went and screwed it up by using her in his Exiles series when 616 Blink was perfectly available.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Exiles Vol 2 implied AoA Blink kept traveling the multiverse but Saladin Ahmed went and screwed it up by using her in his Exiles series when 616 Blink was perfectly available.
    so 616 Blink is on Krakoa
    and AOA Blink is still travelling through the multiverse?

BANNED

how ironic that teddy refuses to make a diplomatic meeting because of a personal injury, while shaming the mutants for holding a grudge agaist a woman who commited genocide instead of thinking of his empire and said benefits, thenhe gets his ass handed to him and saved by the same organization he scorned.

How Ironic, it seems rulling an empire isn't all sunshine and "kindness is strenght". Who knew!
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-09-2020 at 07:38 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    so 616 Blink is on Krakoa
    and AOA Blink is still travelling through the multiverse?
    Yes for part 1.
    I never finished Exiles Vol 3.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So who were shown in the comic outside f the data pages?

I know about Wiz-Kid, Frenzy, Magneto, Cable, Cortez and Brand, but who of the supporting cast actually made appearances?
    Paibok of the Kree/Skrull Alliance, Peepers, Blink, Manifold, Gateway, Risque, Lila Cheney, Vanisher, Armor, and Amelia Voght. Scarlet Witch gets name dropped, so does the White Hot Room.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I did not read yet, but this cast is terrific. Lila Cheney, Vanisher, Voght, Blink, Risque... A DREAM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Magneto shows up to the Peak, which is now overseen by Brand since she quit Alpha Flight. She bristles at being so closely attached to Krakoa, since in her view mutants and humans aren't that different; they're both "Earthers" and think in terms of nations, not solar systems, which is what she's there to do. She stresses that she works in conjuction with Krakoa, not for Krakoa, even though her entire staff is made up of Krakoans.
    Is that meant to be "in terms of solar systems and not nations"?

While her perspective is glossing over the still unresolved issues and conflicts between normal humans and mutants happening one earth and could also be seen as her biting the metaphorical hand that feeds her, i do like that someone brings this kind of perspective of mutants and normal humans still being of the same "tribe" so to speak on pannel.

It also fits for someone like her to have something akin to an "overview effect" on these things.

I just hope the story isn't going to end up trying to prove her wrong on that.