Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed, I was so nice to see him being honestly happy and surprised at seeing Peppers and Peppers talking to him like he was an old friend
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

More mags. more brand. more of everything please lol. Favorite X-book this week.

It is always great to see how the x-boards are getting behind a great quality series!! it seems actually so easy to please us. Great art and great story: Everybody is on board! Can't wait to read it!!!

The only bad thing about this book was that I felt badly for the "X" titles that come out next week.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Well, I actually read all over a dozen pages of this thread, and let me say everyoneÂ’s pretty entertaing, amusing, and generally very informative.

I loved this issue! And itÂ’s only the first one, handsdown the best first issue of HickmanÂ’s X-Men Era(besides House of X #1 it was just too cool to be topped, and you know what the key factor is Magneto.) Bravissimo!

You donÂ’t know how exited I was when I saw Magneto. This man looks like heaven in a person. I mean did he just come from little Caesars? Because he looks hot and ready. But okay...now IÂ’m doing obsessing over Magneto.

I think that KidCable(this is what I call him in my head canon)’s joke about if Magneto died he would be fired since as HEAD OF SECUIRTY that is literally his job. But I didn’t like his joke towards Magneto, age gives a person wisdom(plus Magneto is not physically old in everything else he appears in)...and he has none...so please KidCable disappear! We want and need the original one back. Nathan does not need to be in THIS TOO, he’s already often in X-Men and in his own series...and now he’s here too? Even if they plan to kill him off somehow(Althoigh Unless it is in other world I don’t really know how that would work)and want to ‘give him a bunch of attention’ before that happens he doesn’t need THIS much attention. But I respect what Marvel chooses to do...I guess...

Is it just me or did it seem like 1)Magneto was flexing in everyone about how powerful he still is, don’t mess with our Magnus 2)Flirting/Being annoyed with Abigail Brand 3)Chanelling Mariah Carey’s extraness. I love Magneto so much in this issue! And also it was very good to see Magneto positively interacting with WizKid because the reason why Magneto has done many things in the past and still does now...he doesn’t do it just to look cool and be very controversial, he does it for his fellow people. Mutants! It’s good to see how WizKid is just like ‘Oh it’s Magneto!’

And I agree with another person who said that S.W.O.R.D while not officially working for Krakoa because everyone there(except for a few like Manifold who is loyal to like Earth and general itself before mutants...not too much association there)is Krakoan, funded by Krakoa, using Krakoan technology, in orbit over Krakoa, etc. ItÂ’s basically working for Krakoa. Brand all she said was wishful thinking, and Marvel being Marvel a time will come when she will have to choose sides...and honestly IÂ’m not sure what she will choose, because if she doesnÂ’t choose the RIGHT side(we all know what the right side is)...it will causes drama...and well what is a series without conflict and drama(trauma too)?

So glad that there they didn’t white wash Frenzy. I know who she is, but I don’t know her WELL. But from what I do know she was great from that little she had in this. I did find it somewhat amusing/refreshing/annoying that Frenzy sets Magneto straight that on the job he has to call her Frenzy and not her given name, but you gotta respect that. And also when she speaks with the Kree-Skrulls Ambassador for a sec and is like ‘I USED to Worship him’ that’s quite true MOST of the Acolytes did...but she has grown up and changed. And while I think she still respects Magneto(even MANY, not all, of his enemies do), she sees he is just a person and now doesn’t agree with his old ways and of course is no longer ‘whorshipping’ him or whatever.

Just that panel made me HATE that Kree-Skrull Ambassador, Of course he is just being honest and real and whatnot, from his perspective he is just obeying his Emperor and though who shall not be named didnÂ’t do anything to him personally. But DANG, what he said to Magneto was BRUTAL.

I do agree with other people who say that Magneto doesn’t hate Wanda or anything but moreso that deep inside, who know if he even admits it to himself, misses that fact that he Wanda and Pietro(even their kids too)used to be a family and now they’re not and Wanda is now kind of like ‘dang, this sucks’ remember Pietro and Wanda May not have been his favorite children he actually explicitly mentions in one comics that Lorna is his favorite, but they were still his kids and he loved them. But he could never be a proper father to him, not necessarily because it’s not in his character, but because of how he lost his first daughter Anya...and wife Magda, that CHANGED him dramatically...and he can’t really be the type of parent a person deserves, the cause of helping mutants are his children. But he still loves them and wishes, I don’t, for them to visit once or twice a month.��(Now I am so sad)

Anyways loved how Mags treated Fabian. That mother-trucker BETRAYED Magneto, he tried to kill Little Luna Maximoff and unlike Exodus he never showed any remorse, or repented, or tried to do better. Not to mentions everything else he did on Genosha, shoot Fabian is hot and funny, but...I assume he will be gone soon. But if he’s not I won’t be mad. I’m glad that Magneto channeled some Lupita Nyong'o(when she was talking about Kenya Moore)ness when he was like ‘who’s that?’and then stored past him. Love how Mags treated Peeper, Fabian was jealous.

Also the mission with the teleportor team(IÂ’m very glad Maifold was not whitewashed, and that some non A list and B list characters were getting used even though I may not PERSONALLY care for them, this makes me like them quite a bit)...I wonder what they were retrieving and why everyone, even Magneto himself, was so impressed with it. IÂ’m excited to find out and read next issue! So sad we have to wait an entire month...
    They were never a family. They were always a totally dysfunctional mess with one of them muddying the water by being part demon.

*Wrong thread*
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 12-11-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    So this comics became a useless feminist sh*t!
    It no longer a great X-Men comics.
    At least I will no longer read this miserable excuse of idiocity!
    Is it still a tendency that every X-Men comics led by Kitty has got a pretty bad quality!?
    Wrong thread? Or did you just pick a random thread to post your opinion in?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I feel like it would have had more impact in ALL CAPS. With "SAD!" on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The trolls do be losing their mojo.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The best book since HoX/PoX

So after a third read i still don't have any extra thoughts other than this book was truly amazing, art, story, the characters, the premise, mutant tech explained in one issue. I just love it and hope this is an aspect to explore other pieces of mutantdom. I also love the idea that a collective of mutants working together are able to achieve basically what Valeria did as a genious in FF when she created the universal portal.

It's been a long time since i've been so overwhelmed with a book in a good way that i have too much spec and my main is racing so much that i just want to see where the ride goes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh one thing that stands out to me thought at this point is kid Cable. This is not ewing fault at all but given the totality of stories we have had so far featuring Cable and whether he still has his future knowledge or not i found ita little shocking he was the head of security. Given his own book, Sword of X, and everything else he was in i just don't feel he is capable to be head of security on a space station. But maybe it's more like head security guard rather than security security.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Sorry. Wrong thread!
    This comics is great!
    But Marauders is a sh*t...
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 12-11-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I DON'T USE ALL CAPS!
    SAD!

Amazing Member

Think SWORD and whatever item they collected were ideas from Moira?