Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Any further info on what an ophanim is?

And I have to agree with all the sentiments, what a fantastic issue, perfectly captures the roles of the cast, gave everyone a moment, and a mystery setting up the overall direction. Definitely got HOX/POX vibes from just the scope of everything Ewing accomplished in one issue.

I thought the explanation for mutant technology was inspired and I love when comics can take a known theme and expand upon it. Mentioning the Fastball special was a nice touch as was the introduction of the Six, just so much to unpack from this issue. I also was surprised to read that the second stage of the resurrection process could require any standard telepathic talent. We've seen Xavier and Grey perform, it but I thought X-Force and HOX/POX described it as requiring a telepath of sufficient strength to do so.

I wanted to agree with all the opinions associated with this cast, I have to say the stories aside I LOVE how this era focuses on pushing "B,C, or D list" characters and giving them substantive roles. They aren't just thrown on teams for cameos they are actually valued members and I love that for the X-franchise as a whole and I'm going to honestly hate it when things fall back into the status quo, as so many great character fall into limbo.
    Ophanim are a specific type of angel, like a seraphim or a cherubim, they take care of the throne of God. Ewing uses a lot of Judaic and Christian mystique in Immortal Hulk for cosmic things so maybe it's related.

That's why the quote at the end is Doctor Doom talking about the fire from heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Paibok of the Kree/Skrull Alliance, Peepers, Blink, Manifold, Gateway, Risque, Lila Cheney, Vanisher, Armor, and Amelia Voght. Scarlet Witch gets name dropped, so does the White Hot Room.
    “Ol Marv”is more than likely Mentallo and there are a couple of group shots that may or may not be established characters.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Loved it. Great first issue. Everything is set, purpose is clear, lots of character moments and a mini-adventure.

Is "ol' Marv" that Peepers is working with in Analysis someone whom I should know? I'm blanking on the reference.
    Is Mentallo. Real name Marvin Flumm. I still hope than Tangerine or Alison Double are in the observation unit

Someone knows who is Doc? Backup of Peeper in the six...

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    By the way, where have they gone, is it the White Hot Room?

That is the center of creation, which would be ironically just the opposite of what the Ultimates did (Go as far from reality as possible).
    It's heavily implied to be the WHR, but it's also likely to be the Beyond-Realm or the Next Place.

I wonder how many Wanda haters lost it when Paibok dropped that line?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Ophanim are a specific type of angel, like a seraphim or a cherubim, they take care of the throne of God. Ewing uses a lot of Judaic and Christian mystique in Immortal Hulk for cosmic things so maybe it's related.

That's why the quote at the end is Doctor Doom talking about the fire from heaven.
    Whoa thanks for the follow up, has Ewing use this in any of his other works at Marvel?

Speaking of mysterious creatures that have been hinted at I'm still intrigued by what's the product of a combination between the sheer elemental energies of a Goddess and a technological virus created by the COTV, from that GSX: Storm issue.

Whoa thanks for the follow up, has Ewing use this in any of his other works at Marvel?

Speaking of mysterious creatures that have been hinted at I'm still intrigued by what's the product of a combination between the sheer elemental energies of a Goddess and a technological virus created by the COTV, from that GSX: Storm issue.
    To my knowledge, only Immortal Hulk has references to Kabbalah.

This seems like a cross between his Immortal Hulk and Ultimates cosmology.

BANNED

Any further info on what an ophanim is?

And I have to agree with all the sentiments, what a fantastic issue, perfectly captures the roles of the cast, gave everyone a moment, and a mystery setting up the overall direction. Definitely got HOX/POX vibes from just the scope of everything Ewing accomplished in one issue.

I thought the explanation for mutant technology was inspired and I love when comics can take a known theme and expand upon it. Mentioning the Fastball special was a nice touch as was the introduction of the Six, just so much to unpack from this issue. I also was surprised to read that the second stage of the resurrection process could require any standard telepathic talent. We've seen Xavier and Grey perform, it but I thought X-Force and HOX/POX described it as requiring a telepath of sufficient strength to do so.

I wanted to agree with all the opinions associated with this cast, I have to say the stories aside I LOVE how this era focuses on pushing "B,C, or D list" characters and giving them substantive roles. They aren't just thrown on teams for cameos they are actually valued members and I love that for the X-franchise as a whole and I'm going to honestly hate it when things fall back into the status quo, as so many great character fall into limbo.
    The wheels of gods' chariot. But probably not since marvel already has the many angled ones as a substitute for the many eyed ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    It's heavily implied to be the WHR, but it's also likely to be the Beyond-Realm or the Next Place.
    I'm not sure it would be the next place, since that is where most cosmic entities "stay" at. Since they're all beyond reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    I'm not sure it would be the next place, since that is where most cosmic entities "stay" at. Since they're all beyond reality.
    It was specifically called "The Far Shore" in the first phase, and then the Circuit Six went further "into the Mystery" which is where the Fourth Cosmos went

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Characters I’d love to see pop up here down the line:
    Neophyte, RemRam, Garguille, Unuscione
    Thumbelina
    Mesmero
    Ariel
    Trinary
    Rusty, Thunderbird, Cecelia
    Caliban
    Cast is quite big already. Rather they focus on the current cast. Otherwise all will become cameo kings and queens and they deserve to shine.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Biggest shock for me was seeing Risque and she being colored brown

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's a natural extension of the Far Shore that Ewing has been seeding in stories since the Ultimates

This definitely echoed back to the Ultimates trying to go to the Outside, but the Six, by working in comparison were better prepared and were more successful in their mission. They went further than the Ultimates did.
    I'm not talking in narrative. I mean the book is written like Ewing was like "I wanna write more Ultimates... time to add a bunch of the word mutant to this script I got lying about"

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    “Ol Marv”is more than likely Mentallo and there are a couple of group shots that may or may not be established characters.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Is Mentallo. Real name Marvin Flumm. I still hope than Tangerine or Alison Double are in the observation unit

Someone knows who is Doc? Backup of Peeper in the six...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I wonder how many Wanda haters lost it when Paibok dropped that line?
    I loved it. I didn't know that everyone knew that Krakoa viewed her as the great pretender and was holding her account for her actions. If the Kree/Skrull know then Wanda knows. That makes me happy.

It's not really surprising that the Kree/Skrull empire would take genocide lightly, since they both have a legacy of it.

Based on tease we saw, King Teddy needs SWORD more than they need him anyway.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 12-09-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cast is quite big already. Rather they focus on the current cast. Otherwise all will become cameo kings and queens and they deserve to shine.
    At least the medical unit needs a team. And we have a security director and 2 sub directors so is implicit that we will have a security team. Mentallo is with Peeper in the observation unit. I will add one more to that unit. The Wiz kid and Frenzy units are the ones that i will no add members