Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Once the ball gets rolling besides this set up issue, I’d love to see more aliens. Maybe have a representative of some of the planets we know are friendly. The station is now way bigger than the previous one. Let’s see Lifeguard and Slipstream in Krakoan to Shiar Ambassadors. Ariel would be good too for alien representation but not part of the teleportation team. Doesn’t she need a door to teleport? Seems her teleporting would be limited compared to the rest of the team of teleporters.
    Lyja please. She is Paibok's ex.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh one thing that stands out to me thought at this point is kid Cable. This is not ewing fault at all but given the totality of stories we have had so far featuring Cable and whether he still has his future knowledge or not i found ita little shocking he was the head of security. Given his own book, Sword of X, and everything else he was in i just don't feel he is capable to be head of security on a space station. But maybe it's more like head security guard rather than security security.
    Does Brand seem like the type to let anyone else have real control ? Cable is head of the strikeforce that response to the threats on the station, Brand is ultimately the person who keeps everyone safe on station with decision making. Calling what Cable is doing security guard would be a little too demeaning but Cable is more practical response to threats than tactical.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Does Brand seem like the type to let anyone else have real control ? Cable is head of the strikeforce that response to the threats on the station, Brand is ultimately the person who keeps everyone safe on station with decision making. Calling what Cable is doing security guard would be a little too demeaning but Cable is more practical response to threats than tactical.
    It will be nice to see someone show the non-Duggan take anyway. The Cable in Extermination, Uncanny X-Men and X-Force pre Hickman was pretty adept at running missions and such.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It will be nice to see someone show the non-Duggan take anyway. The Cable in Extermination, Uncanny X-Men and X-Force pre Hickman was pretty adept at running missions and such.
    Couldn’t agree more. Not sure what happened to that guy. He somehow regressed since he’s been here.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I actually prefer Duggan's take on kid Cable. I don't see much point in having a young version of Cable around if he's just going to be identical to the old version, but younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I actually prefer Duggan's take on kid Cable. I don't see much point in having a young version of Cable around if he's just going to be identical to the old version, but younger.
    I like Duggan's take on him as well but going through an whole event labeled as the Fool and the way he comes off in his own book doesn't exactly scream head of security. Practical or impractical. He was just crying on the ground for his father in the event now he's ready to go swag on alien species that would make some Arraki look week.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don’t see much point in having the young version period. Just use a different character. Why change an existing one to fit the story you want to tell about a young, inexperienced hero when you can use one of the many young, inexperienced heroes sitting on the shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don’t see much point in having the young version period. Just use a different character. Why change an existing one to fit the story you want to tell about a young, inexperienced hero when you can use one of the many young, inexperienced heroes sitting on the shelf?
    Bc none other has the history/relationship with Scott and Jean, which has been heavily used in the current era

Makes an already convoluted character needlessly more convoluted. Can’t get onboard with that. Poor call by Brisson that the X-office has doubled down on rather than just fixing. They’ll get to it eventually. But it’s getting old waiting for that.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind Duggan's exploration of the mindset of younger Cable being back in time and with family and other younger mutants and all that, but even this Cable was through a tough childhood and should be more competent than he is being written, and that is not because Duggan writes a Cable that is different than the old version, but because Duggan just wants to write a goofier character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't mind Duggan's exploration of the mindset of younger Cable being back in time and with family and other younger mutants and all that, but even this Cable was through a tough childhood and should be more competent than he is being written, and that is not because Duggan writes a Cable that is different than the old version, but because Duggan just wants to write a goofier character.
    I agree. I have been enjoying Cable in his series. But the problem I am starting to have is that, aside from the Summers family dynamic aspect, you could swap out Kid Cable for Quentin Quire and it barely makes any difference. Cocky telepath who gets a little to in over his head and requires backup from his paternal figure (Cable-Cyclops, Quentin-Wolverine).

You would lose the hilarity of Emma Frost telling Cyclops to have a talk with his son though. So that ultimately, makes Duggan's Kid Cable worth it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I agree. I have been enjoying Cable in his series. But the problem I am starting to have is that, aside from the Summers family dynamic aspect, you could swap out Kid Cable for Quentin Quire and it barely makes any difference. Cocky telepath who gets a little to in over his head and requires backup from his paternal figure (Cable-Cyclops, Quentin-Wolverine).

You would lose the hilarity of Emma Frost telling Cyclops to have a talk with his son though. So that ultimately, makes Duggan's Kid Cable worth it.
    Something so small that makes no difference.

Kid cable is the peak of forced stories from krakoa
    Last edited by baxer; 12-13-2020 at 03:48 PM.

To be fair it was a forced and nonsensical story that was forced on us before Krakoa. Wherein Kid Cable ruthlessly does whatever it takes to send the time-displaced teenage O5 home to protect the timeline... and then just decides to stick around himself, and in so doing jeopardizes the timeline. Furthermore, he becomes less competent and ruthless the longer he stays, making his selection as the head of security for The Peak even more stupid and forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    To be fair it was a forced and nonsensical story that was forced on us before Krakoa. Wherein Kid Cable ruthlessly does whatever it takes to send the time-displaced teenage O5 home to protect the timeline... and then just decides to stick around himself, and in so doing jeopardizes the timeline. Furthermore, he becomes less competent and ruthless the longer he stays, making his selection as the head of security for The Peak even more stupid and forced.
    theoretically depending on how long ago he was born and what point he returned in he didn't really jepoardize the timeline because he is from the present. I guess no matter when he returned if he grew up in the future it is still his rightful place as he was born in the "present". It just doesnt' make sense to me given how he is written now across several books at this time that he would be head of security for anything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

If Kid Cable dies ad they can't ressurrect him, it jeopardizes the time-line