Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    If Kid Cable dies ad they can't ressurrect him, it jeopardizes the time-line
    How so? If they resurrect him at what his age should be how does that change a time-line that technically hasn't happened yet. Cable is not from the future, he was sent to the future.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If he’d died on Otherworld tho...

Face it, there’s no way to justify the hypocrisy of him doing what he did in Extermination to protect the timeline, and then staying himself and jeopardizing it. It’s poor writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Face it, there’s no way to justify the hypocrisy of him doing what he did in Extermination to protect the timeline, and then staying himself and jeopardizing it. It’s poor writing.
    That is why Gruenwald wrote a series of rules of how time travel works and basically told writers not do write stories like that. Modern editors are too eager to see writers break everything to think about the mess it causes.

I'm still confused on how he would threaten the timeline. The o5 were from the past and could effect the present, cable was from the present and sent to the future so he could do no damage to the timeline by dying. Perhaps a far flung future would be different but that is hardly changing the timeline. Technically unlike the 05 Cable is in his right time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Remember that adult Cable is also from the past. He grows up in the future, then comes back to the past to take the New Mutants and mold them into X-Force and to ultimately raise Hope in the future and then bring her back as well (with a lot of other stuff in between). So if he doesn’t go back, those things in the past don’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm still confused on how he would threaten the timeline. The o5 were from the past and could effect the present, cable was from the present and sent to the future so he could do no damage to the timeline by dying. Perhaps a far flung future would be different but that is hardly changing the timeline. Technically unlike the 05 Cable is in his right time.
    If Kid Cable dies, the that should have catastrophic effects for 616. Cable had a major impact on so amny things leading up to the current era. The biggest one thats currently relevant is protecting Hope and ensuring she was alive to be the Mutant Savior

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If Kid Cable dies, the that should have catastrophic effects for 616. Cable had a major impact on so amny things leading up to the current era. The biggest one thats currently relevant is protecting Hope and ensuring she was alive to be the Mutant Savior
    Yep. Exactly. Everything he did in the past wouldn’t happen. Same problem as the teen O5 being here. It unravels the timeline if he dies here as a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Still nothing cable did would affect anything unless he was killed before he was sent to the future. Once he was sent from the present to the future he was a man out of time so if cable died tomorrow it wouldn't change a thing he already did.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yep. Exactly. Everything he did in the past wouldn’t happen. Same problem as the teen O5 being here. It unravels the timeline if he dies here as a teen.
    Marvel is inconsistent with this though and it didnt make sense then. Teen Bobby died in the lead up to Extermination and that didnt unravel the timeline. It just created an alternate dark future, which Kid Cable came across and came to present day to prevent.

Yeah, I know. It’s quite headache inducing honestly. Was really hoping they’d move Cable away from that stuff, just establishing that he grew up in a terrible future which has now been averted, and move on. Instead they’re making it far worse and more convoluted with this Kid Cable stint in the Krakoan era.

My new favorite X book-⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    #MagnetoWasRight

Isn't Kid Cable from an alternate future (seen in X-Force by Brisson), different from the time from when classic Cable came? I always think like that. Less confusing also.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Isn't Kid Cable from an alternate future (seen in X-Force by Brisson), different from the time from when classic Cable came? I always think like that. Less confusing also.
    I think he was suppose to be the same cable but from an earlier point before he became an adult and he wasn't happy with what his adult self was doing so he killed him and took over. So technically they are the same person just his younger self came into some knowledge and decided to act on it. Though either way Cable is def a man out of time. If i was sent to the future today and ran around for 30 years changing history if i came back to the present tomorrow and someone killed me that won't change what i did in between that day for 30 years outside of the present timeline.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Happy Random finally gets face-time..he's perfect for the security squad.Hope to see him in action a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think he was suppose to be the same cable but from an earlier point before he became an adult and he wasn't happy with what his adult self was doing so he killed him and took over. So technically they are the same person just his younger self came into some knowledge and decided to act on it. Though either way Cable is def a man out of time. If i was sent to the future today and ran around for 30 years changing history if i came back to the present tomorrow and someone killed me that won't change what i did in between that day for 30 years outside of the present timeline.
    The easiest thing to do here is just send Kid Cable back so he can live out his life, ultimately culminating with his death at his own hands during Extermination (when Kid Cable killed OG Old Cable). Since at that point he’ll have come full circle, the Five can then resurrect him in the present day and restore him to his prime age. IMO that’s around 40, which I believe was his age when he first showed up back in New Mutants #87.