Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Greycrow isnt a side character in the book but even if he was, that doesnt negate that he isnt being written well. I feel like he, Alex, Kwannon and Sinister have all been the leads since it started The rest have not have had much to do
    greycow is totally a side character, the focus isn't on him in any moment. he does some badass things and empath manipulate him and that is it. It could be anyone else

"It could be anyone else" is such a blanket criticism these days. The wholr reason Greycrow is in the book is because his personal history as past member of the Marauders and the Morlock genocide. His resolve to bring back his fallen comrades was also a big part of the conclusion of the first arc - and he killed all the other clones in the Sinister farm including Maddie to clean house. His standoffish personality is also what ended up connecting him with Kwannon.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Emma is te female version.

that was a cheap retcon that Shaw became the a really bd guy, instead of just a regular bad guy to make emma inoccent
    Little known fact about Mama. That women RAISED hell during her Hellfire days but never was she as bad as Shaw. After all she served under him and Shaw had all the power. Yes she plotted against him from time but Mama was Shaw's underling not his equal
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    greycow is totally a side character, the focus isn't on him in any moment. he does some badass things and empath manipulate him and that is it. It could be anyone else
    The book has had like 5 non-crossover issues and he had one of the more emotional stories in the first arc when he had to kill his old teammates.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-10-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    For some reason I can't explain, I didn't care for this issue. Even though he deserved what came to him, I didn't like seeing Shaw being so incompetent and be out-maneuvered (again) by Emma. And when Kitty... I mean Kate :eyeroll: phased her hands in to show him KILL SHAW on her fingers was sooooo corny. I know there is only so many characters one can juggle but I find it so hard too believe that someone like Shaw wouldn't use any of the dozens of ex-villains as bodyguards, hanger-on(s) or servents that would answer his door for him, if just to keep him company. Like, he's a member of the Quiet Council. Why haven't his wife been brought back, or Harry Leland and Friedrich Von Roehm? Those big guys may not be his "friends" but at least Shaw could sort of trust them to add with is machinations.
    I guess I'm just saying I hate to see such a formable villain reduced down to a joke to elevate Emma and Kate. Storm was a non-issue here and so was Bishop. Lockheed did more.
    And the ending was so confusing. Are we to assume Shaw is playing along with the ladies plans or was he being manipulated by Emma? Wouldn't Xavier know Shaw lost access to his powers since he wears Cerebro 24/7 and could sense it? Wouldn't it be in Shaw's right as a Councilmember to have Healer or Elixir or Triage heal him regardless of what Emma, Kate or Ororo wants?

Also, I'm all for the ladies getting their shine, but I don't like it at the expense of the male characters. Bishop, Bobby and Pyro are useless. They're simply tools for the ladies (mostly Emma and Kate) instead of having purpose or motivations of their own.

2 out of 5 stars for me.
    Agree absolutely on many levels , they've written Shaw as such an inept character that I find it ridiculous.On the one hand he is on Krakoa lax security is understandable because they are more focused on enemies from without than within.I would still expect to have some mutants running affairs under his company to be there reporting to him.Yeah people like Leland or even Pierce as some sort of AI system(if they don't want to show him embodied yet) at least Shinobi Shaw for god's sake..I am not a fan of Shaw but surely if he is on the council, show the character some respect the kind one of his resourcefulness and stature deserves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lol, they should get rid of Shaw and bring back Adrienne or Cordelia or Astrid Bloom
    I’d say if Shaw weren’t literally helpless he should scheme to bring back Adrienne AND Cordelia AND Astrid Bloom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. Early on, Xavier has been doing his own thing was shown to be keeping secrets from Moira. He definitely has agency

This is the best writing Apocalypse has had since Simonson. He is layered in a way he hasnt been shown to be in decades. Sunspot was awesome in NM. Zeb is doing wonders with Greycrow in Hellions. Magneto hs been a gem wherever he's appeared.
    Yes. Simonson’s Apocalypse was basically for pushing Evolution, for making mutants stringer so they would be able to survive the threats coming to them.

Hickman did an amazing job with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Little known fact about Mama. That women RAISED hell during her Hellfire days but never was she as bad as Shaw. After all she served under him and Shaw had all the power. Yes she plotted against him from time but Mama was Shaw's underling not his equal
    Yep, I always got the impression that the men of the Inner Circle treated her as a henchman durign the Dark Phoenix Saga. They sat in the club drinking while she had to go out to capture Kitty and Dazzler. Mastermind was in a similar position until he had proven himself by bringing in Jean, who with all her power was only ever going to be a weapon for the boy's club to wield.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yep, I always got the impression that the men of the Inner Circle treated her as a henchman durign the Dark Phoenix Saga. They sat in the club drinking while she had to go out to capture Kitty and Dazzler. Mastermind was in a similar position until he had proven himself by bringing in Jean, who with all her power was only ever going to be a weapon for the boy's club to wield.
    Same.
    Emma was a tool to them. A means to an end. She had a valuable skillset they exploited and felt they could manipulate to their advantage.
    I was always under the impression, back then, that the reason for their absurd dress code was all about this idea of representing an old ideal through their clothing -- the men looking like Founding Father types, while the women are scantily clad, intended to visually represent the imbalance of power between them.

But in the case of Emma, she embraced it. She found value in being underestimated, and opportunity in that juvenile way of thinking. These corsets weren't imposed objectification to her, they were battle armor.
    With that being said, I'm certainly not blind to Emma's shadiness. She recognized what was going on. She did much of the same. These men were also tools to her, with valuable skillsets that she felt she could exploit and manipulate to her advantage.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The book has had like 5 non-crossover issues and he had one of the more emotional stories in the first arc when he had to kill his old teammates.
    Truth, the Madelyne Pryor arc mostly focused on Havok's and Greycrow's emotional investment in the mission and then part is dedicated to Kwannon's leadership abilities.

Sinister is only present before they dispatch and when they return; most of his screen-time is the 2-issue XoS arc, Empath is removed early and Nanny and Orphan Maker weren't important.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Why are they keeping him on the council ? I feel like that will backfire

So this comics became a useless feminist sh*t!
    It no longer a great X-Men comics.
    At least I will no longer read this miserable excuse of idiocity!
    Is it still a tendency that every X-Men comics led by Kitty has got a pretty bad quality!?

Where is Bishop? Where is Iceman? Where is Pyro? Where is Christian? Where is Sinobi? 3 of them are gay characters and another 1 is black and another 1 is Australian! But no!!! Because they are males they barely doing anything at all!? F*ck it!

And even Storm barely doing anything at all (except in Sword of X)!!
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 12-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We've had a lot of X-books where the women were in charge. New Mutants vol. 1 was majority girls and we had Wood's run.
    I guess Duggan's version of X-Girl power just isn't as good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We've had a lot of X-books where the women were in charge. New Mutants vol. 1 was majority girls and we had Wood's run.
    NM has always had most women but the men there did stuff and drove story as well. X-men v4 had a specific gimmick. The issue people have here is that Iceman, Pyro and Bishop are part of the cast but do nothing. They have not had any character development and dont drive any story. If Maraurders had launched with the same gimmick as X-men v4, people wouldnt have these same complaints. The men are window dressing and it almost feels like they are being held hostage here

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    But this book was where lot's of gay and black characters also appeared but now it is just about white females!
    So this comics currently is anti black, anti gay and sexist!