Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Did they actually come to a decision at the end about the Council seats and change things up? I'm a bit confused.
    No they didn't, nothing of importance happened.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Apocalypse is dead, Jean was out. They didnt decided anything
    He isn't dead, just on an extended family vacation in that other dimension doing god knows what.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    He isn't dead, just on an extended family vacation in that other dimension doing god knows what.
    Yes, I dont know why I wrote dead

I was kinda "eh" on this issue. I'm still stuck on the fact that Sabretooth got thrown in the pit and Shaw escapes this fate. He did far worse in killing Kitty. Not banishing Shaw and letting him stay on the council creates further issues on the QC. Creed got a raw deal.
    #FreeSabretooth

The bright spot is the art. Stefano Caselli is one of my favorites.

This was very underwhelming to me. I mean, I liked the whole actual confrontation with Emma & Kate (and Lockheed and Storm) vs. Shaw, but what they ultimately decided to do to him was just "meh" to me. Kitty just guzzling and breaking wine bottles though was almost as hilarious as the Nanny shenanigans in Hellions.

Pretty pointless and everyone involved suffers from it. Shaw's half-baked plan did not match up to his reputation. Bishop gives Storm the twig he found then immediately exits the story. Emma and (ugh) Kate use a power inhibitor... the worst of all plot devices to gain the upper hand.

I really don't like the idea of mutant de power weapons just being so open to use. I feel like that should be sacrilege to the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I really don't like the idea of mutant de power weapons just being so open to use. I feel like that should be sacrilege to the mutants.
    I agree. Nothing good will come of it. And it weakens the story. Makes things too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Pretty pointless and everyone involved suffers from it. Shaw's half-baked plan did not match up to his reputation. Bishop gives Storm the twig he found then immediately exits the story. Emma and (ugh) Kate use a power inhibitor... the worst of all plot devices to gain the upper hand.
    That Bishop quick shot was to troll people who know this book was a poor attempt to write a kitty and Emma book, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I was kinda "eh" on this issue. I'm still stuck on the fact that Sabretooth got thrown in the pit and Shaw escapes this fate. He did far worse in killing Kitty. Not banishing Shaw and letting him stay on the council creates further issues on the QC. Creed got a raw deal.
    #FreeSabretooth

The bright spot is the art. Stefano Caselli is one of my favorites.
    Huh, never thought i would see the day something like that would be called for.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I agree. Nothing good will come of it. And it weakens the story. Makes things too easy.
    Hmm, well here's a thought, they find out she has one but because it is in mutants hands they give her a slap on the wrist and not a TP lobotomy like they did to Reed or chuck her into the sphincter.

Bishop is the only Captain that hasn't really gotten any big story beats in Dawn of X. So I am hoping that even though he's not my favorite character he has a better showing. Compared to Cyclops, Magik and Gorgon he really hasn't done much.

Also as someone else has stated I want some more Pyro and why isn't he chilling with Avalanche and Blob.

Ehhhhhh....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Hmm, well here's a thought, they find out she has one but because it is in mutants hands they give her a slap on the wrist and not a TP lobotomy like they did to Reed or chuck her into the sphincter.
    Predictable; Take the power of mutant is a big no as powers are sacred to krakoan mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    That Bishop quick shot was to troll people who know this book was a poor attempt to write a kitty and Emma book, lol.
    Just to show he said something and ut storm on the vengeance scene

Iceman/pyro MIA
    Last edited by baxer; 12-09-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

yeah I think it'd be better if they had also demoted shaw at least after beating him around if they weren't gonna send him into the pit. this lets them have 1 bonus vote in their favor but still doesn't remove the risks that shaw can do. if he got demoted, he could still try to pull stuff behind their backs to get back at them while introducing a new element/member to the council. this also actually makes emma and kate look worse, since they are now blackmailing and having an advantage in swaying the council votes when each one should be able to offer their input/vote.

I do like that they do show that emma's sister hasn't been forgotten, maybe she'll actually be brought back at some point.