Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marauders #16 review *spoilers*

Emma shot something into Sebastian body which render his mutant power useless so that Kate can physically hurt Sebastian.

Kate messed around with some of Sebastian's priceless whisky.

Lockheed got his revenge by biting off Sebastian's eye.

Kate gave some poison for Sebastian to drink but he didn't die and seems to be paralyzed in a wheelchair?

All of them went to the silent council to decide on the replacements; Doug is there too.

The art was great but this is just a revenge issue.

Last edited by ericng; 12-09-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Wake me up when Pyro is back in the book.

Nothing much happened? Emma, Kate, Storm, and Lockheed got revenge on Shaw, Shaw ends up basically under their control, and we get more intel into Jean and Apocalypse leaving the QC.

It was aight but honestly this could have been dealt with in the last issue instead of Kate & Emma running around on horses.

Amazing Member

What is this, the 3rd or 4th time Sebastian's been humiliated by Emma? He's basically just her punching bag at this point

Well, what a surprise! It is still just as underwhelming as ever! But i mean really i don't see what was the point of this, they essentially beat him up and that's it.

I mean unless they plan to have him live like this so he can get his revenge then there is nothing really to add to this, at least they could have had him pause before replying wither no or maybe go with yes and tells them some story of what happened and why it happened and see where it goes form there.

I honestly don't know which book sucks more, this or Excalibur.

I thought it was great and one of my favorite Marauders issues to date. Storm, Kate and Emma joining forces to humiliate that sexist pig in inventing ways and turning him into their puppet? What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Nothing much happened? Emma, Kate, Storm, and Lockheed got revenge on Shaw, Shaw ends up basically under their control, and we get more intel into Jean and Apocalypse leaving the QC.
    So? They were always going to that, he has been under their control form the start and we would have gotten that info regardless on any of the other books...nothing much happened. There was nothing new or unexpected, nothing to add.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was pointless fanservice, as pretty the book was from the beginning. Yeah, Emma and Kitty (and Lockheed) treat Shaw as a punching bag, but nothing really changes, and now the book will go into Shaw getting revenge yet again, only to be humiliated the next time.

The only great thing about that issue is its cover

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue, it's always nice to see Shaw get what's coming to him, although it was a quick read and somewhat underwhelming. But I was a bit confused by the end. Was Sebastian under Emma's telepathic control or do they think humbling him is enough to keep him under their heel? If it's the latter, that seems like it would come back to bite them and not particularly well thought out. I want to know Emma's suggestions for replacement Council members. I agree the book could spend some time focusing on the other cast members.

Spectacular Member

Really enjoyed this story. Death would have been far too simple a punishment for Shaw and just left a possibility for more revenge. This seemed much more fitting and memorable. Keeping it an internal Hellfire matter "Spring Chair of the council" instead of airing all the dirty secrets seemed fitting to those involved. I was however glad to see they included Storm. Only wish they had also included Nightcrawler and Bishop though i understand they intend to keep the number in the know small.

Appears Emma keeps a few things things acquired during their missions to herself like the prototype gun that negates mutant powers. She better make sure that is properly locked up. Then to use the very poison that Shaw unwittingly helped Verdi make to paralysis him. Poetic justice

My favorite part though was when Lockheed clawed out Shaw's eye and spit it into the fire. A literal eye for an eye level of justice.

Close second was at the council meeting when the new Shaw is introduced and everyone voted on investigating his attack.

t

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I thought it was great and one of my favorite Marauders issues to date. Storm, Kate and Emma joining forces to humiliate that sexist pig in inventing ways and turning him into their puppet? What's not to like?
    Lack of Pyro.

All this politicking lowkey irritated me like just deal with the problem I'm ready to move away from Sebastián, Emma, & Kate beef. They have yet to address if Christian was in on the murder.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am so happy and contented right now.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!