Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Emma just has an anti-powers gun, yet this was unavailable for Orphan Maker last week. Um, okay
    Oh, to suppress his powers? What'd be the point - it'd just wear off and then he'd still need the suit Nanny can make him anyway?

It's like some of these characters just want shit to blow up in their face what is the sense of keeping Shaw on the council when he's easily replaceable Emma never wanted him there in the first place I don't understand why his ass doesn't have a one way trip to the pit.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hopefully the cover for 18 featuring Iceman and Pyro is indicative of the actual content of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She picked it up in the earlier issues
    Thats not my point. Ant-powers tech has been very prevalent throughout this era. Its shown up alot in the early issues of Dawn of X, ye the X-men didnt have it last week, but now its back. The stuff with OM doesnt fit the continuity of how readily accessible this has been

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Oh, to suppress his powers? What'd be the point - it'd just wear off and then he'd still need the suit Nanny can make him anyway?
    They have collars/bracelets for that. Rogue has one. It doesnt make sense to me that Forge cant reverse engineer that tech to create a suit

BANNED

So Emma just has an anti-powers gun, yet this was unavailable for Orphan Maker last week. Um, okay
    That should be a crime along with depower Shaw

I loved that Storm went along for the ride. This was great, Emma, Storm, Kate all form a stronghold on that table. Wonder if they can usurp power together.

Spring all votes the same now

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Only a very select few know about how and when it was acquired. And Emma would want to keep it that way.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's like some of these characters just want shit to blow up in their face what is the sense of keeping Shaw on the council when he's easily replaceable Emma never wanted him there in the first place I don't understand why his ass doesn't have a one way trip to the pit.
    I better story would be if Shaw had a card under his sleeve and Emma couldnt do anything to him. I see no reason to keep him on the council and we know he will strike again.
    Want to have the cake and eat is a problem in this book, they are just letting Shaw be alive to strike again

BANNED

this was somewhat messy, too many "yass" moments witout much depth or consideration to what it means to the future.
    On one hand i wanted this arc to be over, on the other this book has lost meaning on it's main premiss and with X-corp on the horizon, im not sure i will stick around

Lol, they should get rid of Shaw and bring back Adrienne or Cordelia or Astrid Bloom

Spectacular Member

I think that the technology itself is probably banned on Krakoa. Emma acquired the mutant suppression gun (prototype) on one of their raids of the Russian mobile factory. All of that tech and the plans was supposed to be destroyed. The man who designed that tech for the Russians (Forge's assistant with photographic memory) had his whole memory wiped so he could never again create it.

When Reed Richards created a process on how to suppress Franklin's powers in the FF/X-men crossover, Prof X erased it from his mind and put a mental block to prevent him from ever thinking it up again.

That technology is not something that the council wants readily available. They want mutants to embrace their powers and who they are. Only in an extreme case would they resort to suppression.

In fact Sebastian seemed to elude to the fact that Emma could be in trouble as she had shot him with a weapon that stripped him of his powers, even if it is temporary.

Poor Nightcrawler. He just wanted to know what happened!

I wonder if Shaw's revenge will bring out the third issue's plot where he claims to Shinobi that Emma and Kitty plotted his murder

I think the problem is the issue went exactly how you expect it to go, no surprises or turns just an an entire issue that would have equal value of what could've been achieved in half the pages or less.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You all can't see me but...I'm literally doing the Charleston with a Can-Can variation thrown in, for good effect.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!