View Poll Results: Who do you think is The Next Batman?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke is both

0 0%
  • Tim is both

10 62.50%
  • Duke is both

0 0%
  • Luke is one and Duke is one

4 25.00%
  • Tim is one and Duke is one

1 6.25%
  • Other

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    ugh lame

Thankfully Future State doesn't really interest me.
    Me neither.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    and just like that, i have a new greatest fear. at least it would break the streak of black bat-members having names after Batman's gadgets.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Figured i'll toss up the cover of Timothy Fox as The Next Batman

we also see he has a sidekick! Tiffany in the mix?

DC couldn't even give me a fully day before dropping this news LMAO messed up my whole thread. hey, i'm already plum out of luck on the first part but Timothy as Batman (as the older brother) doesn't disprove the theory of Duke taking up the mantle for JL. unless DC is gonna drop another bomb on us.
    Not gonna lie. Timothy cuts a sharp figure as Batman. Love him rocking it in that cover!

I think Tim Fox is a great choice. He has a checkered past and is kind of the outcast of the Fox family. having a darker personality is a better fit for Batman rather than Luke, who has traditionally been the straight edge son. The person under the cowl should have some personal demons to fight.

I’m glad they didn’t go too crazy with his Batsuit but I do wish there were a few more unique and recognizable aspects to it. Miles Morales’ Spidey costume is definitely distinct from Peter’s. But I guess with the lower face now revealed, there’s no mistaking him for Bruce.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-11-2020 at 12:54 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I really don't care who could or not could be the potential new person donning the Batman mantle.
    I'll never understand which is the thrill in alternative realities or universes and in possible futures.
    Death Metal before and Future State after, there's nothing interesting for me.

You know, I kind of find it extremely funny that some peoples seems to think it'll be a bother to differenciate Tim Fox from tim Drake. I mean, if you can differenciate Thomas Eddison and Thomas Jefferson, surely you ought to be able to tell who's who between a grown ass black man and a white teenager, right ?

Well the confusion comes up when you only have dialogue or text to go off of. If you see one of them on page then you can tell who it is, but if a Bruce is talking alone and says "Tim, I need you to come to my location" then you wouldn't really know who he means without more context and info. It's a reason why they teach you not to use the same, or even similar names, for characters in a story or fiction to avoid situations like this. Even on this forum I occasionally write Duke instead of Luke because their names are so similar, but I don't really know how relevant Tim will be after the Next Batman story ends. So I don't think it will be much of an issue going forward.

Although if Tim in the Titans TV show gets cast as a black actor as some rumors suggest, and Tim Drake's other media or live action adaptations start to default to a black male, then that might cause some confusion in the future if they try and do more with Tim Fox. That is projecting far down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    What do you mean?

Not gonna lie. Timothy cuts a sharp figure as Batman. Love him rocking it in that cover!
    He meant present day Tim going by the Vulture. Someone mentioned that Tim Fox was once the Vulture of the Terrible Trio and I wanted to run with that.

I was half joking.....
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well the confusion comes up when you only have dialogue or text to go off of. If you see one of them on page then you can tell who it is, but if a Bruce is talking alone and says "Tim, I need you to come to my location" then you wouldn't really know who he means without more context and info. It's a reason why they teach you not to use the same, or even similar names, for characters in a story or fiction to avoid situations like this. Even on this forum I occasionally write Duke instead of Luke because their names are so similar, but I don't really know how relevant Tim will be after the Next Batman story ends. So I don't think it will be much of an issue going forward.

Although if Tim in the Titans TV show gets cast as a black actor as some rumors suggest, and Tim Drake's other media or live action adaptations start to default to a black male, then that might cause some confusion in the future if they try and do more with Tim Fox. That is projecting far down the road though.
    Dc really needs to stop doing that. Big Barda, or Mister Miracle, I don't remember which, Tim Drake... if they want films/series with Black main character, then just uses your Black characters, they need the exposure !

And sure, I know that Hollywood have those quotas and all, but frankly it doesn't serve anybody. If they want people to pick up a Big barda book after that and in here she's as European-looking as ever, I don't see fans of an African-looking Barda being too happy about it.

I think it depends how relevant Tim Fox ends up being to the Batfamily after Future State happens. I think with Tynion on the main Batman book, Tim Drake is probably save, but what happens to Tim Fox without a Batman identity?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends how relevant Tim Fox ends up being to the Batfamily after Future State happens. I think with Tynion on the main Batman book, Tim Drake is probably save, but what happens to Tim Fox without a Batman identity?
    Takes over Batwing from his brother????

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Takes over Batwing from his brother????
    Poor Luke, in that instance .

Or maybe they end up becoming a duo or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He meant present day Tim going by the Vulture. Someone mentioned that Tim Fox was once the Vulture of the Terrible Trio and I wanted to run with that.

I was half joking.....
    Just wondered why lemonpeace found the suggestion of an Anti-Heroic Tim-as-Vulture to be his new worst fear.

Just wondered why lemonpeace found the suggestion of an Anti-Heroic Tim-as-Vulture to be his new worst fear.
    Vulture doesn't really work as a heroic name and its a downgrade from being Batman.

I'm not a legacy guy but I get it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

With a team called Terrible Trio, even when I know nothing about it I already don't like it XD

I was being a bit hyperbolic but pretty much this:

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Vulture doesn't really work as a heroic name and its a downgrade from being Batman.

I'm not a legacy guy but I get it.
    I'm a big believer that anything can work depending on execution, but it's gonna be a hard-sell taking the moniker of "Vulture" from the "Terrible Trio" seriously coming off Timothy just having been Batman in (what I hope is) a great story. I was struggling with a similar issue if Luke had turned out to be Batman and had to go back to Batwing. although, with Luke as Batwing it made more sense since he's been working as Batwing for a while now, Vulture just isn't doing it for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."