Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Harley Quinn Book

A new Harley Quinn book was announced this past weekend, Stephanie Phillips who is writing the Future State: Harley Quinn book is continuing on as writer and is being joined by Riley Rossmo on art:

DC Announces New Comic Talent and Titles At CCXP Worlds Brazil!
    New names will be hitting the mean streets of Gotham City as well! Future State: Harley Quinn writer Stephanie Phillips and artist Riley Rossmo will deliver new adventures of the Clown Princess of Crime in an all-new Harley Quinn ongoing series, launching March 24, 2021.

Can we still call her the "Clown Princess of Crime" if she's not a criminal or villain anymore? Isn't that supposed to be Punchline's shtick :P?

In all seriousness, it's not a surprise to see Harley with a book again but I haven't read her Future State writer so I'm not sure what to expect.

I guess I appreciate that she's not as skimpy anymore (and the twintails are kinda cute) and we're hearkening to her classic look. 80's female heroine is an interesting style choice, but it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we still call her the "Clown Princess of Crime" if she's not a criminal or villain anymore? Isn't that supposed to be Punchline's shtick :P?

In all seriousness, it's not a surprise to see Harley with a book again but I haven't read her Future State writer so I'm not sure what to expect.

I guess I appreciate that she's not as skimpy anymore (and the twintails are kinda cute) and we're hearkening to her classic look. 80's female heroine is an interesting style choice, but it could work.
    She may not be a villain but I don’t think she isn’t a criminal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    She may not be a villain but I don’t think she isn’t a criminal anymore.
    Then why does nobody bother to arrest her anymore?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hope the book does well, I just cant get past the Rossmo art style though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Then why does nobody bother to arrest her anymore?
    Who says they don't? Most supervillains make short work of regular authorities who try to grab them

As for why superheroes haven't arrested her... well the reason for that is the same reason Superman doesn't show up anytime Gotham is facing some type of city level destruction event
    Last edited by The Kid; 12-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I absolutely love Rossmo's art, but I wonder how long he will stay on he is known for delays.

I remember his and Orlando's Martian Manhunter series had several delays.

But I am looking forward to this so much just for the art.

PS: more DC books needs unique art like this and not just the House Style that DC loves.

Spectacular Member

Please no fart jokes.

Not a huge fan of the art, but at least Harley doesn't look like she's working the street corner anymore.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Not a huge fan of the art, but at least Harley doesn't look like she's working the street corner anymore.
    There is that .

She's still a criminal, at least last I knew. She had/has warrants out for her arrest in at least a few states but I think her federal record was cleared by Waller. And she's likely not arrested for those state warrants because she's too big a pain in the ass to take in just for some minor state charge. Imagine trying to take down Sinestro because he skipped jury duty; it's simply not worth the damn hassle.

The art isn't my usual cup of tea but seems fitting for Harls, and I like the look. Not familiar with the writer and not happy about her being back in Gotham, but we'll see if the book is any good.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    She's still a criminal, at least last I knew. She had/has warrants out for her arrest in at least a few states but I think her federal record was cleared by Waller. And she's likely not arrested for those state warrants because she's too big a pain in the ass to take in just for some minor state charge. Imagine trying to take down Sinestro because he skipped jury duty; it's simply not worth the damn hassle.

The art isn't my usual cup of tea but seems fitting for Harls, and I like the look. Not familiar with the writer and not happy about her being back in Gotham, but we'll see if the book is any good.
    This reminds me of the end of Harley and Ivy where Montoya is the one who brings the duo in instead of Batman .

Extraordinary Member

Phillips will be writing a Harley/Ivy story set prior to the new ongoing in the newly announced Batman: Urban Legends anthology book.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Phillips will be writing a Harley/Ivy story set prior to the new ongoing in the newly announced Batman: Urban Legends anthology book.
    It's nice to see Harley finally starting to get a solid direction now, after years of her just being comedy relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm guessing this will explain Harley and Ivy's current dynamic or why Ivy might not show up in her solo book.