Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    All I can say on the matter is this: enthusiasm for a project doesn't always equate to very good quality on the finished project and that nothing is ever 100% approved, there is always one in the crowd who doesn't like something, whether or not its actually good to the masses.
    I don't get it - what are you looking for? You've now posted four different replies that are basically summed up by your first:

a Bendis book with NO negative complaints or hate attached to it? I find that hard to believe.
    Is this a thinly veiled "Let's take another dig at Bendis" thread? Are you just hoping to find someone that agrees with you? Or are you really wanting to get people's opinions on the book? Because if it's the latter, like the OP suggests, that's what every response has been.

For me, it's that Bendis effectively took Spider-man back to what it should be. After all the nonsense of the Clone Saga and how complicated 616 Spider-man had gotten, Bendis started fresh. He didn't reinvent the wheel though - it was still very much Stan Lee's Spider-man, but in the modern world. It's accessible, relatable, and funny. Even as the years went on - while 616 Spider-man was getting mystic origins, marriage retcons, and mind swaps - Ultimate Spider-man stayed true to what it was. Even at its worst, USM has been a solid boo, and is typically the best of Bendis's books, largely untarnished by his more annoying traits.

But if you want a discussion with others who couldn't get into it, you're not likely to find that here. This is a sub forum devoted to Ultimate Marvel, and pretty much all Ultimate fans are unanimously in support of USM, especially the original run. It's one of the few absolutes of this group.

Amazing Member

Honestly, it was more of a "random shot in the dark"-type question out of my, admittedly cynical, disbelief that something exists without negative criticism of any kind attached to it.

Fantastic Member

...a Bendis book with NO negative complaints or hate attached to it? I find that hard to believe.
    Where is this mythical parchment???

Its cool if you don't like it. But your opening post does feel a bit deceptive. I was under the impression you hadn't read any of it yet. But not everyone has to have the same opinion. There are titles I'm sure everyone here has tried on a recommendation but didn't catch our interest.

I like it because I really like the character Miles Morales. While I do enjoy Peter's ongoing stories, there's just something I like about a modern day interpretation of Spider-man and how he deals with the responsibility of being Spiderman in a world where he died. Not to mention I'm usually a fan of legacy characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I really liked what I've read of the title (Although I have only read #1-38 and then #86 to present) but I have really enjoyed the series. I like how the series was the first step of Kitty Pryde going from just a minor character in Ultimate X-Men to arguably the greatest character in the Ultimate Marvel Universe.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

At first it was a wonderful reimagining tale of Peter Parker, and truly was one of the best teen books on the market. It's also one of the most consistent marvel books when it comes to quality. The art has always been good, and Bendis knows how to write good characters. It's also given more legacy to the Spider-man mythos, with Miles Morales being an excellent Spider-man.

Decompression aside, it's a great read all in all.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Honestly, it was more of a "random shot in the dark"-type question out of my, admittedly cynical, disbelief that something exists without negative criticism of any kind attached to it.
    Yeah you are on an island pretty much by yourself with this.

I've never been a Spidey fan, always an X-Men reader but I picked up Ult. Spidey because I got hooked on the Ultimate Universe as a whole. I ended up really enjoying it, enough so that over time I picked up all the issues. I still follow it but for the majority of the Miles era I feel its been hit or miss.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Mark Bagely for me

Preview n 7

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I really liked what I've read of the title (Although I have only read #1-38 and then #86 to present) but I have really enjoyed the series. I like how the series was the first step of Kitty Pryde going from just a minor character in Ultimate X-Men to arguably the greatest character in the Ultimate Marvel Universe.
    What other Kitty books UMU do you recommend? X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by macicenuke View Post
    What other Kitty books UMU do you recommend? X-Men?
    Kitty is awesome in Ultimate X-Men! Start with Millar's run from the beginning and just keep going.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Is this in response to the OP, the Kitty question or both?

For Kitty Ultimate Comics X-Men was mainly focused on her. This will peak when she goes one on one with Galactus.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One