Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Liefeld didnt sold terrible at all, some x-books are selling on the same numbers.

Nobody is asking for nostalgia, but Marvel just gave Legends because it sells and hickman x-men has been flop on sales
    Major X was a storm and cable future child that diped into the 20 k sales on the final issue where the emancipation of kwannon in fallen angels stayed on the 40 k for it's entirity, it speaks for itself.

Hickman's x-men has been in the top 10 since inception on the main title, every title on the line top 50 marvel, consistently way above the cancelation line, top 5 in comixology every week.

flops? it's simply not true im afraid.

And im fine with an anthalogy title to catter to multiple demographics and work with writers from past eras, even if historicaly those tend to underperform, but im not sure why the same grace can't be extended towards the very sucessfull krakoan era and those that enjoy it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post

What's the point of registering on a forum just to be toxic about something other people like?

And I say this as someone who rarely posts anything here, I just like to accompany my beloved characters. But it sucks to have to see the same people, with the same kind of nasty comment about the Krakoa era. The funniest thing is to register just to say something bad that you should just ignore.
    people crap on what I like all the time and you choose me to be queen of negativity?

less talk about members, more talk about the topic

The only thing that's coming is Knull.

Wait, hold on, he's here already.

Then nah. It's not happening boys. I don't know why you people are so hung over with the idea of a second AvX. Like, why would there be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

Then nah. It's not happening boys. I don't know why you people are so hung over with the idea of a second AvX. Like, why would there be?
    Who knows. Aaron been hiting about a human vs Krakoa conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

Aren't the Avengers and X-Men working together to fight Knull?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't the Avengers and X-Men working together to fight Knull?
    For now, yes, but because Knull consuming the entire planet and its people is a threat to everyone there, including the resurgent mutant population. That said, AvX: Electric Boogaloo would be suicide at this point for Marvel as a company and Marvel as a universe, Marvel as a universe because with all the destructive power both mutants and nonmutant superhumans can bring to bear, planet Earth would be ravaged beyond hope of repair or restoration and whoever was left standing at the end would be on borrowed time at best. Marvel as a company because I'm pretty sure fans, readers, and critics would revolt at the "mutant metaphor" for real-world discrimination and bigotry being reworked into a story that ultimately validates and justifies discrimination and bigotry on the basis of, "See, this is what we told you would happen if we let 'those people' into our society!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    For now, yes, but because Knull consuming the entire planet and its people is a threat to everyone there, including the resurgent mutant population. That said, AvX: Electric Boogaloo would be suicide at this point for Marvel as a company and Marvel as a universe, Marvel as a universe because with all the destructive power both mutants and nonmutant superhumans can bring to bear, planet Earth would be ravaged beyond hope of repair or restoration and whoever was left standing at the end would be on borrowed time at best. Marvel as a company because I'm pretty sure fans, readers, and critics would revolt at the "mutant metaphor" for real-world discrimination and bigotry being reworked into a story that ultimately validates and justifies discrimination and bigotry on the basis of, "See, this is what we told you would happen if we let 'those people' into our society!"
    I mean, you'd think Superheroes would generally work together to fight off a cosmic demon god trying to take over the planet .

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no because everytime they give claremon or liefeld or nicieza a nostalgia ridden x-men work it flops miserably while DoX and XoS didn't.

there's many good x-men teams, more productive to ask for a new one than to tear it all down because of your personal preferences.
    There was (and still is) a huge X-Men push at Marvel revolving around nostalgia. I don't think the Krakoa storyline had as much to do with sales as the X-Men nostalgia push for people who grew up with the X-Men returning to comics. We can't deny the marketing and nostalgia factor, and Hickman's reputation working with the Fantastic Four and Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So simple questions for you all...is AvX 3 coming down the line? What could happen in it? And what could be the fallout?

See i read today's first issue of SWORD, and they dropped a few lines about YA turned Emperor Hulking saying he would not be happy if something happens to his Mama in Law, Wanda Maximoff.

So of course Wanda hate resurfaced as it tends to do when someone mentions her in an X-book.

And i figure i might well ask those questions in the start because i felt that if it does happen it will be because of her.

So your thoughts? And please keep it civil.
    What was AVX2? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Maybe not another AVX, but I can see Krakoa vs the world as the endgame for Hickman. Toss in Latveria, Atlantis, and Wakanda along with the Avengers and Fantastic Four.... and I think a cool twist will be Scott and Jean’s X-Men siding with the Avengers and FF...
    I don’t know. I like the idea of Krakoa that protects mutants for a change. I don’t like the arrogance or the swagger, but I do think mutants can co-exist with normals so they don’t have to look over their shoulder for the next attack from bigots.

This Krakoa solution looks nice. But if it gets ripped out from under them, (because I have noticed some opposing forces experimenting with Krakoa folliage), it sends mutants back to a state of oppression under normals again, and I find that distasteful. If mutants are a symbol of the plight of suppressed races and cultures in America, then a BLM push-back like Krakoa should be able to run it’s course as proposition of dignity. It’s what we want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the xmen are still heroes, but now they aren’t abject failures and have for once put their own morals and preferences aside for the good of the mutants they have failed time and time again, 200k people benefit from it, even more with arakko, how do you help thousands have a better life in an hostile world and it's branded as something evil?
    And x-men villains are two steps from becoming plain x-men at every turn, it's a classic ever since magneto was a better headmaster to the new mutants than xavier ever was.

they are actually being heroes in a productive way wich is more than can be said for their useless time in the mansion where they had more graves with kids than actual successful moments

I’d rather see the morlocks and the x kids happy then to see the xmen die again to sentinels, just so captain american can show up once in a full moon to give the x-men a pity complliment for staying in line with the status quo.
    What the X-Men have done in Krakoa is do the Villains Truce I’ve been wanting Marvel to do for a while now. We have Sinister, Magneto, Apocalyse, ( up until X of Swords), now distracted by Krakoa, and engaged in society for the first time in their lives, so thank you Hickman for that. That’s been one of the major pluses of Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    What the X-Men have done in Krakoa is do the Villains Truce I’ve been wanting Marvel to do for a while now. We have Sinister, Magneto, Apocalyse, ( up until X of Swords), now distracted by Krakoa, and engaged in society for the first time in their lives, so thank you Hickman for that. That’s been one of the major pluses of Krakoa.
    Apocalypse still a mass murder. Sinister already betraying Krakoa. Villain truce is a terrible idea

Then the x-office woud give a small budget to it

no , I want x-men being heroes. Krakoa is corrupt
    At the moment, what makes Krakoa corrupt? I think Krakoa reflects more the total rainbow of colours involved in the political landscape, including the amount of corruption in the real world. I don’t think Krakoa is corrupt, because there is no pure society that is devoid of corruption anywhere, so I can’t condone any thought of purity by destroying what Krakoa has got - a society that accepts everyone.

Apocalypse still a mass murder. Sinister already betraying Krakoa. Villain truce is a terrible idea
    I’m sure. However, that’s my preference.