Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fate: The Winx Saga

Yes, we're getting a live action Winx series courtesy of Netflix

Fate: The Winx Saga follows the coming-of-age journey of five fairies attending Alfea, a magical boarding school in the Otherworld where they must learn to master their powers while navigating love, rivalries, and the monsters that threaten their very existence. From creator Brian Young (The Vampire Diaries), Fate: The Winx Saga is a live-action reimagining of the Italian cartoon Winx Club from Iginio Straffi.

I saw the trailer and it looked alright. Here's hoping the fans like it. I remember watching the 4 kids dub in middle school so this is an odd experience.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I saw the trailer and it looked alright. Here's hoping the fans like it. I remember watching the 4 kids dub in middle school so this is an odd experience.
    It seems to change a lot but I will still watch the first few episodes.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I spotted Jacob Dudman in the background of the live action Winx Club trailer.

Dude started out doing Matt Smith impressions on YouTube. He's come a long way since then .

Alex McQueen also pops up. He's a British actor who popped up in many comedies. He also played the Master from Doctor Who so maybe i should watch and pick out all the Doctor Who alums?

Ultimate Member

Well they cut out a few characters like Flora(is mentioned as the cousin of the earth fairy in the cast) and Techna and changed an awful lot, playing down the whole princess of a realm thing...a lot darker than the cartoon with the blood and hacked up bodies, students murdering teachers and the like...also there's only one school and it's co-ed...

I kinda want to watch cause I loved Winx as a child but most of the changes make me so disappointed. I don't mind an edgy "dark" reboot of Winx, but cutting Flora and Tecna, changing Musa's powers so drastically(they could have just gone with "sound" or even "vibrations" if music sounded too silly), apparently Stella is a stereotypical mean girl character... I don't think I can.