Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    716

    Default

    I binged this show last night and completed it around 8am in the morning. I was completely enthralled. This is probably the best fantasy-themed show netflix has done so far.

    I like certain characters more than stranger things. It helps that they chose decent looking male cast members, not always the case.

    I went in blind, this takes away some of the sting of netflix cancelling the order. But based on this first season, this is better than the order.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That all sounds pretty bad to me...
    It wasn't meant to be good it is stuff so bizarrely out of place that it is kinda interesting which is just like Winx. Winx is this bright happy very aimed at young and teen girls property and they turned into a dark young adult show where the characters are kind of a-holes which is ironic because Winx is a very power of friendship show. There is something interesting about a property that nobody takes seriously to that level and watching it done with sheer seriousness I mean the character's names are Bloom, Flora, Musa, Stella and they didn't change them.The only thing I can think of as bizarre is rated R movie properties that they turned into kids shows like Rambo.

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It wasn't meant to be good it is stuff so bizarrely out of place that it is kinda interesting which is just like Winx. Winx is this bright happy very aimed at young and teen girls property and they turned into a dark young adult show where the characters are kind of a-holes which is ironic because Winx is a very power of friendship show. There is something interesting about a property that nobody takes seriously to that level and watching it done with sheer seriousness I mean the character's names are Bloom, Flora, Musa, Stella and they didn't change them.The only thing I can think of as bizarre is rated R movie properties that they turned into kids shows like Rambo.
    To me it just comes off as completely missing the point. Like if they did a dark and dreary Precure or Cardcaptor Sakura.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it just comes off as completely missing the point. Like if they did a dark and dreary Precure or Cardcaptor Sakura.
    No, You are right it is missing the point because who is the audience? It is not current little girls ? It is not mostly girls who grew up with show because more than likely they grew up liking the upbeat and happy version. Using the property doesn't really bring in the older fans in a way that is meaningful or can it attract the current primary fans because of the content. if you just change the main characters names and location names this could easily stand on its own as its own unique YA property. The only thing the Winx name brings to table is quick recognition and not having to start from ground zero in the fiction. Hollywood is so afraid failure that "remaking" an IP is way safer and easier way to get greenlight by companies. But yeah it completely misses the point of the original property but for me there is something interesting a remake that completely miss the point of the original.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-25-2021 at 12:26 AM.

  5. #20
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No, You are right it is missing the point because who is the audience? It is not current little girls ? It is not mostly girls who grew up with show because more than likely they grew up liking the upbeat and happy version.
    Well while that's the most realistic take, the creator of the original has literally said this is for the old fans of the cartoon who grew up. Especially as the latter seasons got more and more childish and he said they would like this because it had a darker/more mature tone lol.

    I do believe though that the showrunners/writers don't give a fuck about the source material.

  6. #21

    Default

    It might've worked better as a sequel to the cartoon than an adaptation. Letting it just be about the winx club in their 20s dealing with new problems.

    That's equally risky but easier to separate the two takes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-25-2021 at 03:18 PM.

  7. #22

    Default

    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    ??????????????

  9. #24
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Where The Food Is.
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Fate: The Winx Saga’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix

    Get ready for some more dark and gritty Winx Club!
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

    - Charles Schultz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •