Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't mind her continuing to be Omen, but give her a decent costume please.

However, I would love to see a miniseries with her as a psychic / psychiatrist working at Arkham Asylum with some of the craziest villains in the DC Universe.

Astonishing Member

Maybe you had to read her earliest appearances in Teen Titans volume #1 to fully appreciate the character. It's a shame no other books ever thought to use her.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I wouldn't mind her continuing to be Omen, but give her a decent costume please.

However, I would love to see a miniseries with her as a psychic / psychiatrist working at Arkham Asylum with some of the craziest villains in the DC Universe.
    She might want to get a psychiatry degree first.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    ^^^For sure on the costume, but I’d have her go by Lilith, it’s a cool name on its own.
    For my proposal I think I’d have her go in civvies for the first story arc, then bust out the new outfit prior to the big boss battle.

In my imaginary universe, Lilith is the long-lost daughter of the Phantom Stranger.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

She could be an investigative reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Maybe you had to read her earliest appearances in Teen Titans volume #1 to fully appreciate the character. It's a shame no other books ever thought to use her.
    I've read those, and she still doesn't do much for me, and I'm not really into precognitives (too convenient how much/little they know for plot purposes). But then, I'm not big on that entire era of TT (Jupiter, etc.), though there is a bit of stuff I like. If we were to see Lilith again, I'd like her to dress and act like an ordinary person, as she did in the old days. I mean, she can have a costume to work in, but not live in it all the time. I would actually like to revisit the parents that adopted her, since I don't recall her caring much about them in the old comics (never read the post-80s stuff with her, so can't speak to them), but probably don't want an adult hero too defined by parental relationships, IMO.

I wouldn't mind her plainclothes, either. Secretive hero. She could be with a government agency, but they tend to go evil. A private organization (maybe with a supernatural bent, but less so than Croatoans) could work, as could solo work. Though she'd need a means of income (either a job or inherited wealth).

I would not have her back with the Titans. Wouldn't do anyone any good from a character-trajectory perspective, IMO.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Lilith Clay is a psychiatrist who uses her powers to help heroes, villains, and people in between solve their issues and live better lives.
    Heroes in Crisis but better is my first thought too

I’d have her be the ‘House Whisperer’.
    She goes around from haunted house to haunted house communing with ghosts and getting rid of poltergeists and minor demons.
    Throw in some 70s style supernatural horror and art by Leonardo Manco or someone similar... with a muted palette primarily purples and greens...

No superheroes, no supervillains, no costumes, not even part of the DCU if possible...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I agree with a few posts on here: Omen for codename, a good costume, Precog powers with some moderate telepathic abilities.

Boisterously Confused

I could see leaving the line between psychic and mystic a bit vague with her. I'm not talking turn her into a spellcaster or anything, but make her psi abilities have applications in the mystical realms (e.g. ability to detect, track, and even repel some supernatural beings). I agree with those that say don't make her a full-on mind-reader, or at least make it a feat that's rare because its so difficult and taxing for her. Clairvoyance, and danger sense type stuff should be her thing. But also maybe give her a good sense of what kind of herbs will make your average werewolf back up a step.

If you want to jazz her up a bit, give her a form of astral projection similar to The Wheel of Time's dreamwalkers. Don't make her a someone who separates her spirit from her body, but give her the ability to perceive, influence and "move around" in a psychic plane that reflects ours, but isn't ours.

As for her story, put her in a situation that sort of homages her psychedelic-era-flower-child roots. Pick a city (the aforementioned St. Roche is as good as any other), put her in the business of something new ageish, like making custom cosmetics and health products, but have her share a building with an array of people who keep dragging her into the macabre. Say, a Carl Kolchak-esque wanna-be news blogger living in a flat upstairs, and a counselor in the office next door that specializes in dealing with people recovering from occult experiences. Between that, and her knowing a lot of supers looking for the periodic consult, you should be able to keep her busy.

ETA: make her less superhero than plainclothes reluctant-adventurer. Make the name of her shop Omen, and use that for the title of her feature.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 12-14-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I could see leaving the line between psychic and mystic a bit vague with her. I'm not talking turn her into a spellcaster or anything, but make her psi abilities have applications in the mystical realms (e.g. ability to detect, track, and even repel some supernatural beings). I agree with those that say don't make her a full-on mind-reader, or at least make it a feat that's rare because its so difficult and taxing for her. Clairvoyance, and danger sense type stuff should be her thing. But also maybe give her a good sense of what kind of herbs will make your average werewolf back up a step.

If you want to jazz her up a bit, give her a form of astral projection similar to The Wheel of Time's dreamwalkers. Don't make her a someone who separates her spirit from her body, but give her the ability to perceive, influence and "move around" in a psychic plane that reflects ours, but isn't ours.

As for her story, put her in a situation that sort of homages her psychedelic-era-flower-child roots. Pick a city (the aforementioned St. Roache is as good as any other), put her in the business of something new ageish, like making custom cosmetics and health products, but have her share a building with an array of people who keep dragging her into the macabre. Say, a Carl Kolchak-esque wanna-be news blogger living in a flat upstairs, and a counselor in the office next door that specializes in dealing with people recovering from occult experiences. Between that, and her knowing a lot of supers looking for the periodic consult, you should be able to keep her busy.
    I like all of your ideas very much!

I think psychic with a slight mystic insight will make Lilith different from other DC TPs. I agree not full-on TP, but going back to her basics---Danger Sensing in a psychic way. Not a danger sense like Spidey, where he knows what is coming his way, but in the sense that once she is "linked in" to something or someone, she gets pictures on that person/topic/thing only, so not a general warning sense of danger, if this makes sense, lol.

I loved her flower-power days. Also Carl Kolchek is one of my favorites, so like the idea of some off-beat stories and foes! Sort of like the initial Teen Titans foes.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Lilith Clay is a psychiatrist who uses her powers to help heroes, villains and people in between solve their issues and live better lives.
    This is the exact angle I'd tackle in a Vertigo/Black Label style series. I'd have her have help heroes fighting their personal demons and ptsd (literally) in a visually interesting way.
    Last edited by 9th.; 12-14-2020 at 01:14 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

As for her story, put her in a situation that sort of homages her psychedelic-era-flower-child roots. Pick a city (the aforementioned St. Roache is as good as any other), put her in the business of something new ageish, like making custom cosmetics and health products, but have her share a building with an array of people who keep dragging her into the macabre. Say, a Carl Kolchak-esque wanna-be news blogger living in a flat upstairs, and a counselor in the office next door that specializes in dealing with people recovering from occult experiences. Between that, and her knowing a lot of supers looking for the periodic consult, you should be able to keep her busy.
    I always liked the application of superpowers especially telepathy and telekinesis. I would like to see more extrasensory perception from telepaths. Lilith is one of the heroes that I would like to see display ESP abilities, I don't know if she has that ability because all I know is that she has the power of precognition and both telepathic and telekinetic abilities. I would not mind if she does not have full TP, I think with her having the alias 'Omen' (she could just go by her name) she should primarily be an ESP user, it could make her unique compare to other telepathy who mainly uses it for mind-reading or mental control.

Also, I think she is one of the few heroes that does not need a costume, I could see her going towards the Constantine approach probably by wearing a dark green trench coat and a fedora hat.