Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Chris Pine knows the story of Rogue Squadron Patty is doing:

"I had spoken to her about, not my involvement, but the story. She talked to me about it," Pine said. "It sounds really, really great. But I'm ecstatic for her, excited for what she's about to embark on. If there's anyone that can reimagine and breathe fresh, new life into it, it's her."

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/chri...-really-great/
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Default Obi-Wan and Star Wars High Republic

So as a newish fan getting into SW had a few questions:

1. Ewan Mcgregor- Stoked that he's going to be in the Obi-Wan Disney+ series. I'm assuming that it takes place sometime in the intervening period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope? And if I remember right, didn't he have a couple quibbles with George Lucas and the way he worked on the prequels? I seem to remember reading something about that.

2. With the High Republic, the upcoming series Acolyte takes place during this time right? And with the books/comics coming out as well, do I need to read those to enjoy Acolyte?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post

1. Ewan Mcgregor- Stoked that he's going to be in the Obi-Wan Disney+ series. I'm assuming that it takes place sometime in the intervening period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope? And if I remember right, didn't he have a couple quibbles with George Lucas and the way he worked on the prequels? I seem to remember reading something about that.

2. With the High Republic, the upcoming series Acolyte takes place during this time right? And with the books/comics coming out as well, do I need to read those to enjoy Acolyte?
    Yeah, Obi-Wan is set in the time leading up to A New Hope, as for Acolyte the answer is we simply don't know as it's so early in production. If they were smart the answer would be, "No, you don't need to know anything going into this." so hopefully that stays the case.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post

Acolyte is supposedly at the tail end of the High Republic era. Unless characters and events crossover I'll just stick with the show.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The High Republic era is said from various sources to end about 82 BBY - fifty years before The Phantom Menace. So it’s possible that is about the point where The Acolyte will be set. The current novels and comics are I gather set about a hundred and fifty years earlier in 232 BBY.

Obi Wan is apparently set ten years after ROTS so 9 BBY. Lando might be set around the same time (after Solo which took place in 12-10 BBY) so we might see some characters sharing both shows.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium