Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Taika Waititi has been announced as the new head of Star Wars film.

He is writing a new trilogy set after RoS.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 152839.jpg
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

My only hope is they don't bring the Emperor back again nor concentrate on the Skywalker Clan (in some form). After nine movies, we need to move beyond them. Both are a crutch to creativity, IMO. The Force should be bigger than any lineage or than one evil old man.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Film #3 is set for 2023 ... Patty Jenkins is directing ...

Screenshot 2020-12-10 152905.jpg

WEDGE GETS A MOVIE!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Full slate logos:

fullslate.jpg

Patty Jenkins is calling Rouge Squadron a homage to her dad, who was a fighter pilot.

Her sizzle real is FIRE!

I am pumped for this one!

Clarification: Lando and Obi-Wan Kenobi are event series.

Lando is set after the events of SOLO and Kenobi is set 10 years after RotS. Vader will be hunting in it a lot. Sounds like Kenobi is leaving Tatooine for a spell!

Taika Waititi and KK said humor and strangeness are coming to Star Wars with his vision.

Rouge Squadron is being heavily blacked out whereas the other non-Fav and Dave shows will be more open. Mando, Rangers, and Ahsoka will be blacked out. It was spoiled that Rangers is setup in S2 of Mando but they didn't say how. I assume this is where Cara Dune will go.

Taika Waititi, Fav, Dave, and Jenkins are considered the "architects" of the new Star Wars live action films.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-10-2020 at 04:52 PM.

So:

- Bad Batch with Tarkin and the Clones slowly seguing into Stormtroopers.

- Ahsoka as probably the Rebels sequel.

- I'm guessing Hayden will do the in-suit scenes as Vader and probably Anakin flashbacks. Will we get a retconned Obi-Wan vs Vader fight before A New Hope?

- We're going to be seeing the resurgence of the Sith during the High Republic while the Jedi are busy with the Nihil. Will the lady end up being Plagueis' Master?

- We're going to see how Lando ended up with Cloud City?

- Rogue Squadron focusing on Wedge. I wonder what the timeframe will be for that. Could we see Luke? I'm betting on Star Wars meets Top Gun.

- Taika Waititi is handling the new trilogy. I can imagine that "humor and Strangeness" are coming with him at the helm.

- I feel like those Titmouse youtube shorts were eventually going to lead to a full Star Wars anime thing, but it'll be interesting to see what creators/studios they get for it.

- I was not expecting a new R2 and Threepio cartoon.

I'm struggling to find the time to watch the Mandolorian and they want to sell me on 10 more shows? No ma'am.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Taika is good in small doses but I do not want a trilogy from him. I would have preferred Favreau and Filoni.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Like Takia but did they have to pick the most overused period in Star Wars lore?

Is Rogue Squadrons separate from the upcoming trilogy? And did they say when it’s set?

Is The Acolyte animated or live action? I really hope it is decent as something distinctive and doesn’t just end up as another Kathleen agenda train thing like so much of the Sequel Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Like Takia but did they have to pick the most overused period in Star Wars lore?

Is Rogue Squadrons separate from the upcoming trilogy? And did they say when it’s set?

Is The Acolyte animated or live action? I really hope it is decent as something distinctive and doesn’t just end up as another Kathleen agenda train thing like so much of the Sequel Trilogy.
    Rogue Squadron has to be during the Galactic Civil War, doesn't it?

There were rumors of a High Republic cartoon. I don't know if that's The Acolyte or not.

Remember when they admitted that one movie a year might've been too much?

When they make a Chewie show that's all in Wookenese, we'll know they've gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Remember when they admitted that one movie a year might've been too much?
    That was before Corona.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I will be very displeased if they retcon things and have Obi-Wan and Vader have a prior showdown before the Death Star. Vader being in Kenobi only makes sense (and cool for Hayden reprising the role), but they should NOT come face to face.

And hopefully the new trilogy is where they finally move ahead in time very significantly.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-10-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El