Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So the future of Star Wars is streaming into your home on the small screen
    A futur without me then.

Any news on Rian Johnson's new tril o...BWA-HAHAHA!!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Show #9 is the High Republic series. The Acolyte.

Attachment 103063

Follows a female Sith.
    This is the that I find the most interesting. Though I love the idea of most of these shows. But yea curious to see what they do with this one.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-11-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Taika Waititi has been announced as the new head of Star Wars film.

He is writing a new trilogy set after RoS.

Attachment 103065
    Come for the announcements, stay for the incel rage.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Acolyte seemed to be filed under live action so I assume it is that. As long as it isn't a soapbox series to placate Kennedy I would be pretty excited for it, it's the closest thing to Old Republic/Sith Wars we have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Taika is good in small doses but I do not want a trilogy from him. I would have preferred Favreau and Filoni.
    Fav & Dave are getting their own kingdom with the Mando/Rangers/Ahsoka interconnected shows. KK said they are the series heads. Dave is overseeing Bad Batch, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Like Takia but did they have to pick the most overused period in Star Wars lore?

Is Rogue Squadrons separate from the upcoming trilogy? And did they say when it’s set?
    TW is writing a post-RoS story.

They did not say what era Rogue Squadron is in but judging by the X-wing in the logo and the ones use in her sizzle real, it looks right around Endor.
    Is The Acolyte animated or live action? I really hope it is decent as something distinctive and doesn’t just end up as another Kathleen agenda train thing like so much of the Sequel Trilogy.
    Live action and the show info described it as a mystery-thriller from Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland.

The Acolyte seemed to be filed under live action so I assume it is that. As long as it isn't a soapbox series to placate Kennedy I would be pretty excited for it, it's the closest thing to Old Republic/Sith Wars we have so far.
    The only animated projects announced were the Bad Batch, Visions (the anime adaptations), and the new Droids show.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think it’s been said somewhere that A Droid Story is an animated movie rather than a series. Not totally sure though.

I think it’s been said somewhere that A Droid Story is an animated movie rather than a series. Not totally sure though.
    “A Droid Story” will be a combination of animation and special effects storytelling by Lucasfilm Animation and Industrial Light & Magic. This epic journey will introduce us to a new hero, guided by legendary duo R2-D2 and C-3PO. This adventure series will take us to new places with some of our favorite robot-based friends.
    That's the synopsis.

It was under their series banner during the presentation.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I will be very displeased if they retcon things and have Obi-Wan and Vader have a prior showdown before the Death Star. Vader being in Kenobi only makes sense (and cool for Hayden reprising the role), but they should NOT come face to face.

And hopefully the new trilogy is where they finally move ahead in time very significantly.
    I can see Vader communicating with forces trying to find Obi-Wan (led by Cody?) but not personally encountering him.

I don’t see the issue with them fighting before ANH. Doesn’t Vader say ‘We meet again at last?’ That doesn’t mean they might not have clashed before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This is the that I find the most interesting. Though I love the idea of most of these shows. But yea curious to see what they do with this one.
    Ditto. I'm curious as to whether or not there'll be a more two-dimensional portrayal of the Sith. (Obviously still bad-guys, but *why?* What are they getting from it? My own theory was that the Force gets 'stirred up' by feelings of anger, hate and fear, and is 'easier' for the Sith to tap into when they are surrounded by an oppressive atmosphere, so they've got an actual motivation to keep the regions under their sway oppressive and brutish and filled with hate and fear and anger. That seems much more sensible to me than they are just evil dicks who sabotage and undermine each other and themselves for the lulz. As a plus, when they create such an atmosphere, and 'get the Force all riled up,' it's not just easier for them to tap, but *harder* for Jedi to tap into, since *they* are more 'in tune' with it when the general 'ambient mood' is serene and content and hopeful. One side is trying forever to still the waters, the other side to whip them up into a frenzy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Any news on Rian Johnson's new tril o...BWA-HAHAHA!!
    I notice that the Disney's sequel trilogy era is almost completely absent from yesterdays announcements.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I don’t see the issue with them fighting before ANH. Doesn’t Vader say ‘We meet again at last?’ That doesn’t mean they might not have clashed before.
    I am 50/50 on it. It could be good, it could be bad.

Personally, I think Vader getting on his trail and never quite finding Obi would be fun. And he never knows who the Jedi is.

Cat and mouse would be fun in Star Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ditto. I'm curious as to whether or not there'll be a more two-dimensional portrayal of the Sith. (Obviously still bad-guys, but *why?* What are they getting from it? My own theory was that the Force gets 'stirred up' by feelings of anger, hate and fear, and is 'easier' for the Sith to tap into when they are surrounded by an oppressive atmosphere, so they've got an actual motivation to keep the regions under their sway oppressive and brutish and filled with hate and fear and anger. That seems much more sensible to me than they are just evil dicks who sabotage and undermine each other and themselves for the lulz. As a plus, when they create such an atmosphere, and 'get the Force all riled up,' it's not just easier for them to tap, but *harder* for Jedi to tap into, since *they* are more 'in tune' with it when the general 'ambient mood' is serene and content and hopeful. One side is trying forever to still the waters, the other side to whip them up into a frenzy.)
    YES! This series could do wonders like Mando has for expanding the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I notice that the Disney's sequel trilogy era is almost completely absent from yesterdays announcements.
    The Mando/Rangers/Ahsoka shows are inching towards that timeline.

Since TW is writing the new movies, I'm gonna laugh if Johnson directs them.

The GoT team is not attached to anything in the new announcements, either.

Did I mishear it or did Gabriel Luna say that Andor would be twelve episodes long in the preview?