Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don’t see the issue with them fighting before ANH. Doesn’t Vader say ‘We meet again at last?’ That doesn’t mean they might not have clashed before.
    That's clearly been the reality of the lore for over 40 years though and how those lines were always meant to be interpreted. That they never saw each other again till ANH. You can work with it via a different interpretation of the lines, but its still a bad idea. It messes up the tension of the Death Star battle. Which, while obviously nothing spectacular in terms of what we got later with the fights, is still classic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe it'll be a force vision or something. Kind of curious if Obi-Wan will find out that Anakin survived and what happened to him (Although it's possible he already figured as much; He refers to the Sith instead of just Palpatine at the end of the movie; and also Padme's last words). In the now non-canon Rise of Darth Vader novel I think he found out by watching the news at the Cantina and seeing Vader on it....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Mando/Rangers/Ahsoka shows are inching towards that timeline.
    Ever so slowly, good luck trying to redeem that flaming wreck.

Since TW is writing the new movies, I'm gonna laugh if Johnson directs them.
    As someone who enjoyed Looper and thinks that Brick was his best movie. I have no problem with someone competent holding Johnson's leash. Wasn't a fan of Knives Out, he had a great set and great actors and wasted both because he wanted to focus on the most boring actress in the whole movie.

The GoT team is not attached to anything in the new announcements, either.
    Yeah, but those guys being finished with Star Wars is official Johnson is for all intents and purposes being ghosted by Disney.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My only hope is they don't bring the Emperor back again nor concentrate on the Skywalker Clan (in some form). After nine movies, we need to move beyond them. Both are a crutch to creativity, IMO. The Force should be bigger than any lineage or than one evil old man.
    I kinda agree with you and disagree with you at the same time. I disagree simply because I remember reading or hearing that George Lucas imagine Star Wars as a soap opera type of thing where the Skywalker clan was the central characters. It was about how their lineage affected this sci-fi world full of space wizards and robots. LOL. I actually think that was a cool concept. The Prequels are about the Father. The Original The Son and the Sequel could've been Leia's time to shine and then we move on to the next set of Skywalkers. I'd actually be okay with that.

BUTTT!!! After what we got in the new trilogy, and the salty taste that's still left over. I'm also okay with leaving the skywalker clan alone and maybe moving to a new family. Disney has completely screwed up the Skywalker Dynasty. So now the only option is to move onto something else.

And as far as the new shows go. I'd be interested in seeing Ashoka's show mostly because I love Rosario Dawson, and I loved her portrayal of an Older and wiser Ashoka.

Everything else, I've got a bad feeling about it but I try to judge a show when it comes out. I'm sure that some of these shows will have major continuity errors because of all of the different directors and people with their own ideas about Star Wars, just like the New Trilogy, but I've just come to accept that from this new age Disney Star Wars era.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    And as far as the new shows go. I'd be interested in seeing Ashoka's show mostly because I love Rosario Dawson, and I loved her portrayal of an Older and wiser Ashoka.

Everything else, I've got a bad feeling about it but I try to judge a show when it comes out. I'm sure that some of these shows will have major continuity errors because of all of the different directors and people with their own ideas about Star Wars, just like the New Trilogy, but I've just come to accept that from this new age Disney Star Wars era.
    They should have announced Jon Favrou was gonna be a producer on all thing Star Wars. Kick Kennedy to the curb and let Favrou be the Kevin Feige of Star Wars. Protect the continuity. It works for Marvel if they put a producer in charge of Lucas Film who knows what they are doing it could work the same. They can let all these filmmakers have they're vision while also making sure everything fits and doesn't negate other stories

For people who know the years and stuff. The end of the high republic for the Acolyte. Would Yoda be a young whatever he is back then or does that predate him? I'm 100% fine with it being all characters we have never seen on screen but you know they are gonna wanna throw something familiarfor fan service. Whihch I'm ok with if they do it as well as Mandalorian has. All the fan Service in this show has added to the show for me. None of it felt forced.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-13-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    For people who know the years and stuff. The end of the high republic for the Acolyte. Would Yoda be a young whatever he is back then or does that predate him? I'm 100% fine with it being all characters we have never seen on screen but you know they are gonna wanna throw something familiarfor fan service. Whihch I'm ok with if they do it as well as Mandalorian has. All the fan Service in this show has added to the show for me. None of it felt forced.
    Yoda is an active Jedi during the High Republic era.

They should have announced Jon Favrou was gonna be a producer on all thing Star Wars. Kick Kennedy to the curb and let Favrou be the Kevin Feige of Star Wars. Protect the continuity. It works for Marvel if they put a producer in charge of Lucas Film who knows what they are doing it could work the same. They can let all these filmmakers have they're vision while also making sure everything fits and doesn't negate other stories
    Here is the problem, Kathleen Kennedy has nowhere to go lol! The theatres are still dead. It would look really bad if she walked out with nowhere to go.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Kennedy is in a win-win situation since Lucasfilm and Disney can’t get rid of her if she doesn’t want to because she would use her loyalists and the SJW branch of Twitter to decry them as sexist. So Disney have basically done what they can to limit her influence and ensured she isn’t involved with anything involving Star Wars again... with the exception of The Acolyte that she quickly got pushed through without Bob Iger’s agreement and twisted their hands, hence why it is separate from everything else in terms of era. And she has her passion project Children of Blood and Bone since it is a book that suits her political agendas as an anti-police book written by a black female writer.

In other words Kathleen isn’t really in charge anymore but they can’t get rid of her until she wants to go and in the current situation and with her reputation strained in Hollywood anyway, she isn’t going anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Kennedy is in a win-win situation since Lucasfilm and Disney can’t get rid of her if she doesn’t want to because she would use her loyalists and the SJW branch of Twitter to decry them as sexist. So Disney have basically done what they can to limit her influence and ensured she isn’t involved with anything involving Star Wars again... with the exception of The Acolyte that she quickly got pushed through without Bob Iger’s agreement and twisted their hands, hence why it is separate from everything else in terms of era. And she has her passion project Children of Blood and Bone since it is a book that suits her political agendas as an anti-police book written by a black female writer.

In other words Kathleen isn’t really in charge anymore but they can’t get rid of her until she wants to go and in the current situation and with her reputation strained in Hollywood anyway, she isn’t going anytime soon.
    Since she appears to be staying I'll have to take that off the list.

List of things I was chastised for saying about Disney Star Wars that turned out to be right.

They had no plan.
    Everything came too easy for Rey.
    Finn was handled poorly.
    Holdo's reason for withholding her plan from everyone was stupid.
    Hyperspace ramming breaks Star Wars.
    Leia should have died when she was sucked out of the airlock.
    Rian Johnson will not direct another Star Wars movie.
    Palpatine was never meant to come back.
    The Last Jedi damaged the trilogy, you just didn't notice because it was riding the goodwill The Force Awakens generated. It left no coattails for The Rise Of Skywalker to ride and actively turned some fans off Star Wars.
    Rose was a poorly thought out character.
    They should have let Finn sacrifice himself in The Last Jedi. You may think he wouldn't have succeeded but you are In the minority because all the casual movie viewers believed he would have succeeded.
    Maz was a terrible character.
    Luke was handled poorly.
    Kylo was a poor villain and his look was ripped off from Revan.
    Doctor Aphra will not get a show.

Thing that I had to remove from list.

Kennedy will leave once her contract is up.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-13-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yoda is an active Jedi during the High Republic era.
    Ah ok so a Cameo for Yoda is almost guaranteed then lol thanks

Mighty Member

Ah ok so a Cameo for Yoda is almost guaranteed then lol thanks
    They've already released art of High Republic Yoda, so yeah, safe bet.

The Mando/Rangers/Ahsoka shows are inching towards that timeline.

Since TW is writing the new movies, I'm gonna laugh if Johnson directs them.

The GoT team is not attached to anything in the new announcements, either.
    I see the Favreau/Filoni series as more attached to the Clone Wars through Jedi eras rather than going towards the sequel trilogy, kind of the sequel that everyone was expecting when Disney started theirs.

I like Taika Waititi and hope his movies going to be good and pray that he strays way for Rey and Ben and goes a different rout. Johnson can direct as long as Disney doesn't give him carte blanche ever again.

Benioff and Weiss have been out of the conversation for awhile now so it was no surprise that they were not included in the announcements. Any way my comment really wasn't a snipe at Johnson but the sequel era as a whole.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

With the news about Yoda being a "field trip" kind of Master in High Republic I'm kind of curious if this will be re-worked into Disney continuity:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chu%27unthor
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I see the Favreau/Filoni series as more attached to the Clone Wars through Jedi eras rather than going towards the sequel trilogy, kind of the sequel that everyone was expecting when Disney started theirs.

I like Taika Waititi and hope his movies going to be good and pray that he strays way for Rey and Ben and goes a different rout. Johnson can direct as long as Disney doesn't give him carte blanche ever again.

Benioff and Weiss have been out of the conversation for awhile now so it was no surprise that they were not included in the announcements. Any way my comment really wasn't a snipe at Johnson but the sequel era as a whole.
    I have no idea if Disney would want to do it, and I somehow doubt that John Boyega would be up for it after his experience with the ST, but I feel like Waititi would be the perfect director to do Finn: Jedi Knight movies and really give the character his due. I feel like Finn's attitude and Boyega's gift for being a little bit snarky would mesh well with Waititi's style, and lend itself to some comedy along with some great heroics and action.

Of all the ST characters, I feel like Finn is not only the most deserving of more material, since his storyline got so completely shafted, but also the one with the most potential. There is a fantastic Star Wars hero in there, and Boyega has the charisma and earnestness to play it delightfully. Though I'm biased here, because I really want to see the character acknowledged as a Jedi, and I feel like he could easily be a very different kind of Jedi that we're used to seeing. Somebody a little bit more Han Solo than Luke Skywalker, in method.

Do I think it's at all likely? No, no I do not. But I can dream.