Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like MCU Shuri, but even without the recent controversy with Letita Wright I'm not sure if she can hold the franchise like Chadwick did.
    Shuri's the obvious choice, but far from the only one. I have faith that Lupita Nyong'o or Winston Duke could.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Shuri's the obvious choice, but far from the only one. I have faith that Lupita Nyong'o or Winston Duke could.
    I would never dispute their acting chops but I'm not sure if their could take over this franchise from T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

I do think that whatever happens, the next movie or two will have a heavy ensemble cast.

Astonishing Member

I would never dispute their acting chops but I'm not sure if their could take over this franchise from T'Challa.
    We won't know until they try, Boseman stepped up his game for T'Challa - it was a career defining role for him and they're both very good actors in their own right. He made T'Challa what he became, they're more than capable with their roles.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Tchalla was more than old enough to have some secret child out there when the first movie in part was about a secret child it shouldn't be that hard to go that route if they want to continue on tchalla in some vein. I guess it really all just depends on what they want to do.

Shuri could take the mantle in the short term and train him up ala Peter Parker movies but with Wakanda flair.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but Tchalla was more than old enough to have some secret child out there when the first movie in part was about a secret child it shouldn't be that hard to go that route if they want to continue on tchalla in some vein. I guess it really all just depends on what they want to do.

Shuri could take the mantle in the short term and train him up ala Peter Parker movies but with Wakanda flair.
    I don't see T'Challa as the type to father an illegitimate child. I mean, maybe Nakia ends up being pregnant so they have an heir, but that's about it.

I don't see T'Challa as the type to father an illegitimate child. I mean, maybe Nakia ends up being pregnant so they have an heir, but that's about it.
    They could go with the Nakia thing too. For me if they want to build BP and the legacy of the film it is the best way to go especially since you can get an actor that can grow in the role. You can do the shuri as BP thing but make it clear she is doing it until tchalla child is of age and i don't think we have ever seen wakanda from a vantage point of a young person really. It could be really interesting watching this actual coming of age story while still having the legacy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, an illegitimate kid probably wouldn't test well, lol

BANNED

But the thing with acting is you don't know how good a person is as an actor until they are giving challenging roles. This is however one of MCU issues, their actors are never giving challenging roles, meaning an actor is never allowed to show their range. if you have never seen any MCU actor in another movie you may not know what their acting chop is as you can't know from an MCU movie.

Honestly I think if Shuri takes on the mantle she will be fine. Its MCU even if the movie sucks , it will get a fair pass from critics and with Disney and the Feminist movement of wanting more women in leading roles supporting the movie, it will be a box office hit regardless.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-15-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    But the thing with acting is you don't know how good a person is as an actor until they are giving challenging roles. This is however one of MCU issues, their actors are never giving challenging roles, meaning an actor is never allowed to show their range. if you have never seen any MCU actor in another movie you may not know what their acting chop is as you can't know from an MCU movie.

Honestly I think if Shuri takes on the mantle she will be fine. Its MCU even if the movie sucks , it will get a fair pass from critics and with Disney and the Feminist movement of wanting more women in leading roles supporting the movie, it will be a box office hit regardless.
    ...what?

Plenty of Marvel actors have shown impressive range, genuinely convincing emotions, countless times. Evans, Hemsworth, Chadwick and the rest didn't luck into their roles. They auditioned, and nailed it.

I don't know what MU movies you were watching. Maybe X-Men?

Still think there will be no Black Panther in BP2. The movies conflict will be taken care of by a team of former supporting characters who have to step up. Shuri will become BP but not till further down the line. I think this movie will set up M'Baku and Okoye as her teachers. Maybe Off screen Nokia and Tchalla got married before his passing. Also iono if she was snapped, if not, Tchalla and her could have a child whos almost 5. Anyway Nokia is queen till they're child is of age.

Or Tchalla isn't dead. They come up with a good excuse why he's away for the next film(Keeping they're promise not to recast Tchalla and BP2). Then recast and have him return for BP3. Call it Black Panther return of the King. That will put more then enough time between now and then. People won't be as sensitive about his passing. Doubt they do anything like this but just an idea.

Or lol.... bear with me. Elijah Bradley is rumored to be in FATWS. What if something happened to him during his time as a solider and he was rescued and taken in by Tchallas grandfather. Goes on to serve as A war dog for him and Tchaka after that. And his daughter or son married a sister /Brother of Tchakka having Eli. Making Patriot another cousin of Tchalla and contender for the crown. This is never gonna happen lol but to be fair Coogler said Patriot was almost in Black Panther. Was in a later draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Still think there will be no Black Panther in BP2. The movies conflict will be taken care of by a team of former supporting characters who have to step up. Shuri will become BP but not till further down the line. I think this movie will set up M'Baku and Okoye as her teachers. Maybe Off screen Nokia and Tchalla got married before his passing. Also iono if she was snapped, if not, Tchalla and her could have a child whos almost 5. Anyway Nokia is queen till they're child is of age.

Or Tchalla isn't dead. They come up with a good excuse why he's away for the next film(Keeping they're promise not to recast Tchalla and BP2). Then recast and have him return for BP3. Call it Black Panther return of the King. That will put more then enough time between now and then. People won't be as sensitive about his passing. Doubt they do anything like this but just an idea.

Or lol.... bear with me. Elijah Bradley is rumored to be in FATWS. What if something happened to him during his time as a solider and he was rescued and taken in by Tchallas grandfather. Goes on to serve as A war dog for him and Tchaka after that. And his daughter or son married a sister /Brother of Tchakka having Eli. Making Patriot another cousin of Tchalla and contender for the crown. This is never gonna happen lol but to be fair Coogler said Patriot was almost in Black Panther. Was in a later draft.
    Or with what is happening with the multiverse a younger tchalla could become trapped in earth 616 thereby recasting without having to recast and still honoring the original
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or with what is happening with the multiverse a younger tchalla could become trapped in earth 616 thereby recasting without having to recast and still honoring the original
    Yea that's possible but if they do that I think bringing Michale B Jordan back as a version of Killimonger who a hero and King on his earth is more likely. He a huge star and been in every Coogler movie. But honestly by the time we get to BP3 I think enough time will have passed they could do something like that. When you say younger, how young? Like mid 20s or 17?(I think Tchalla was suppose to be late 30s to early 40s in Black Panther. Killmonger would have been 30-32, and Tchalla remembered his uncle. So he would have had to of been old enough when his uncle left to have memories of him. Putting him atleast 5-8 years older then Eric right? Oy way too much thought put into something that doesnt matter. Early 40s would have made him the same age as Boseman irl)

I think this movie will just buy the time. It's an easy way to move foreward without REALLY making a decision which will upset too many people.

Like you said, they can come up with an excuse as to why T'Challa isn't around, and build up Shuri and the supporting cast.

Down the line, after Marvel and the fanbase have had time to better deal with Boseman's passing, they can either decide to recast or make Shuri or someone else BP. But whatever decision they make will hopefully be easier for everyone to accept a little bit down the line.

Yea that's possible but if they do that I think bringing Michale B Jordan back as a version of Killimonger who a hero and King on his earth is more likely. He a huge star and been in every Coogler movie. But honestly by the time we get to BP3 I think enough time will have passed they could do something like that. When you say younger, how young? Like mid 20s or 17?(I think Tchalla was suppose to be late 30s to early 40s in Black Panther. Killmonger would have been 30-32, and Tchalla remembered his uncle. So he would have had to of been old enough when his uncle left to have memories of him. Putting him atleast 5-8 years older then Eric right? Oy way too much thought put into something that doesnt matter. Early 40s would have made him the same age as Boseman irl)
    Honestly i think the best course would be to make him around Parker age because then you can explore wakanda in a way you never could and really build up this world and this king and give him more freedom as the Black Panther. Also if it's a multiverse they could switch it up a bit and have Kill Monger born first with a younger Tchalla being the rightful heir so they both end up on 616 and that connection is still there. That in of itself could create an interesting dynamic. Sort of how 616 miles is an adult but the one from ultimate universe is now in 616 as a teen.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.