Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

nah not full on hero for namor i think hes better as antihero or quasi-principled villain

that said he doesnt have to kill tchala straight up like thanos did loki but that would probably get people to hate him most lol

but this is more of a two birds one stone assuming they dont recast or CGI bozeman like they did peter cushing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    nah not full on hero for namor i think hes better as antihero or quasi-principled villain

that said he doesnt have to kill tchala straight up like thanos did loki but that would probably get people to hate him most lol

but this is more of a two birds one stone assuming they dont recast or CGI bozeman like they did peter cushing
    They've pretty much already said no recast or CGI, from what I know.

I always feel Namor is a jackass for no reason, but that's just me

thats why i dont think he could be full on hero

remember when he blew up that earth lol

I think this is the very first genuinely bad decision MCU is making.

Boseman's passing is tragic, but T'Challa does not need to be written off for that. If we had at least a trilogy with T'Challa, then it'd be one thing. But we have only had one solo movie!

And honestly, how are they going to explain away his absence? If they don't want to use T'Challa at all going forward, then they need to kill him. But isn't killing off T'Challa off-screen insulting to both the actor and the character? And if they want to make it on-screen somehow then, Body double? CGI resurrection? These options sound even worse.

Ultimate Member

thats why i dont think he could be full on hero

remember when he blew up that earth lol

Yeah. I never understood why he always had to be a jackass
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think this is the very first genuinely bad decision MCU is making.

Boseman's passing is tragic, but T'Challa does not need to be written off for that. If we had at least a trilogy with T'Challa, then it'd be one thing. But we have only had one solo movie!

And honestly, how are they going to explain away his absence? If they don't want to use T'Challa at all going forward, then they need to kill him. But isn't killing off T'Challa off-screen insulting to both the actor and the character? And if they want to make it on-screen somehow then, Body double? CGI resurrection? These options sound even worse.
    It's been hard for me to make a personal decision on what I'd prefer. I feel T'Challa was meant to have a bigger role after Steve, Tony and Nat died, and I was looking forward to that. But T'Challa defined the role on-screen so for another actor to follow up in this movie universe may be a awkward task

i dont necessarily agree on chadwick being irreplaceable performance-wise

it was really solid casting like a lot of MCU roles but i never got the 'distinctively -THIS- actor' vibe in the way of samuel l jackson or robert downey jr. although that is likely owed to his comparatively short career rather than acting ability

Ultimate Member

it was really solid casting like a lot of MCU roles but i never got the 'distinctively -THIS- actor' vibe in the way of samuel l jackson or robert downey jr. although that is likely owed to his comparatively short career rather than acting ability
    I think someone else could play the role well. I was thinking more from the perspective of an actor who might consider taking on the role

maybe they could get an african actor like they did for tchaka (i mean an african citizen)

feels like it could be used as a bit of PR for people pushing back about a recast

Ultimate Member

maybe they could get an african actor like they did for tchaka (i mean an african citizen)

feels like it could be used as a bit of PR for people pushing back about a recast
    I'd like to see an African actor get a shot. Although, do you think it's too late to go back to recasting? Marvel Studios seems pretty certain about not doing so

nah i doubt it unless theres some kind of legal ramifications that going back on public statements would cause. im not saying theyre likely to do it, just that if they had a director that wanted it and an actor to use it wouldnt stop them

i know it means nothing given all the rumors constantly flying around the MCU but i thought i read they wanted tchala and dr. strange to have some co-lead type influence with the avengers after the infinity saga (think how cap/IM were co-leads) so his character was going to be of greater importance down the line

but that rumor may have even been around before the captain marvel movie released so who knows

Ultimate Member

nah i doubt it unless theres some kind of legal ramifications that going back on public statements would cause. im not saying theyre likely to do it, just that if they had a director that wanted it and an actor to use it wouldnt stop them

i know it means nothing given all the rumors constantly flying around the MCU but i thought i read they wanted tchala and dr. strange to have some co-lead type influence with the avengers after the infinity saga (think how cap/IM were co-leads) so his character was going to be of greater importance down the line

but that rumor may have even been around before the captain marvel movie released so who knows
    true, I don't think anything would stop them. I feel they're saying it themselves

I heard Endgame had a deleted scene where DS and BP talk, but that might have just been a rumor. Had BP continued, we could have a mini-illuminati

I agree with this. He was a great casting and gave a great performance. But he didn't define/redefine T'Challa. The only actor I can say has put his own shadow over the character is RDJ. I don't even consider Jackman or Reynolds for that. And even then I don't think that RDJ is irreplaceable for Iron Man.

All in all, I don't think recasting should be a big deal for any character.

Astonishing Member

No actor is irreplaceable. This is no disrespect to anyone. Everyone leaves their own trademark on a character onscreen. Much as I love Boseman's Panther, Marvel should let the character live on by replacing him. T'Challa still has numerous stories to be told onscreen.

BANNED

The idea that T'Challa's story ends because Boseman's life tragically ended is phenomenally disrespectful to Boseman and T'Challa.

I wonder if Wakanda getting involved in Falcon and Winter Soldier might have a clue as for what direction they'll take the franchise in. Although I presume this was all filmed before his death (There's a lot of crowd scenes for example so I'm guessing most of this series was made before the pandemic/2020).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth