Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will you read Endless Winter? Future State?

Will you pick up Endless Winter? Future State? Both?

Some of the Future State books like Immortal Wonder Woman and GL, yes.

Endless Winter, probably not. Maybe in trade.

I'm open to picking up a few of the Future State issues. I just need some more details/interviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

EW seems like a regular story for now, but it's ok.

FS I"m actually looking forward to.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I'm actually planning on returning to read DC books through Future State. The premises of many of the books have grabbed my interest

Astonishing Member

no and no.

Endless Winter actually looks okay to me, and it’s pretty self contained only crossing over into a couple of other books, so yeah imma check it out.

Mighty Member

No, I read the JLA issue of endless winter and thought it was crappy writing... with another typical re-tread crisis type villain. (Probably good for teens, but boring for older readers)

I have no interest in Future State...doesn't appeal to me.

So, I'll just concentrate on Marvel titles until the March reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    No, I read the JLA issue of endless winter and thought it was crappy writing... with another typical re-tread crisis type villain. (Probably good for teens, but boring for older readers)
    I actually like the fact that it’s an old fashioned straight to the point type event.
    Sure beats the stuff that’s preceded it/is still ongoing that just goes on and on and oooonnnn, giving us 8,000 new versions of Batman and The Joker, dreary post apocalyptic futures and bleeding into the entire line to some degree.

-shrug-

Nah, skipping it all. Endless Winter is pure filler, and really the only thing that slightly interests me about Future State is Yara, and she's coming to the main continuity anyway. If I come back, it'll be in March.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Yes, at least books for the characters I’m already reading. They’re on my pull list.

I'll only pick up the Teen Titans Issue of Endless Winter (if it has enough Donna), but I might read it as a TPB depending on how much the "Viking League" will end up being involved. Future State has revitalized my pull list.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Really enjoying EW so far...its a fun story. FS only picking up a few books...Immortal WW, Teen Titans, Nightwing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I actually like the fact that it’s an old fashioned straight to the point type event.
    Sure beats the stuff that’s preceded it/is still ongoing that just goes on and on and oooonnnn, giving us 8,000 new versions of Batman and The Joker, dreary post apocalyptic futures and bleeding into the entire line to some degree.

-shrug-
    Well I would have probably overlooked the retread plot points if the writing was good....but I thought it was crappy.

Ever since the success of crisis on infinite earths, DC always has these big crisis events every 5 to 7 years to reboot things...it generates sales so I get it. But I often find the writing to be shotty and profit driven.....

So as a consumer I have the right to sit it out till March. I'll still read the titles I have.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I'm confused as to whether Future State is a crossover or not but I wasn't going to read it until I heard about John Stewart and saw the preview for Wonder Woman. If it doesn't cost too much I'll give them a shot.

As far as Endless Winter goes I don't know and if it's a JL book then I don't care. Haven't read JL in years.