Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m sorry but when did Beast even get the qualifications to do interrogations and lead the equivalent of the CIA? He’s a scientist and of course that makes him generally smart but those jobs take different skillsets.
    He has no qualifications to interrogate anyone, so Wolverine and Jean (who do) don't let him participate. But it's natural for Beast to believe that he can do anything.

For the "leading the CIA" part, Beast was part of the Secret Avengers.

Percy does solo characters so damn well. I would love for him to get a solo book maybe of rogue/gambit or solomon because i think he does an amazing job when it's one or two characters with a lot of connections as oppose to trying to write several almost equal. This has been my personal fave wolverine run so far and i want to like his x-force but it really only works imo as a logan book with an extended cast as oppose to wolverine out soloing alone.

At the same time after S.W.O.R.D. i want Percy to think bigger if he continues on x-force. This is the CIA of mutants and after seeing the structure of other departments national security on krakoa is less advance than their space program.

I also love how it looks like Krakoa's eye is watching Beast behind logan projecting "not today..."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    p.s. Love the art! Although Jean's telepathy looks weird. Lightshow realness. lol
    Yeah, Cassara is my favorite artist working on the X-books right now. I think I’d even put him slightly above Larraz. I know, I know... that’s almost sacrilege. But I just love his gritty style.

I don't think Percy is fully exploring the potential of the book's concept. There is barely an organization to speak of. Roles are so undefined and the scope of the story feels smaller than it should.
    To say nothing of the fact Beast should have been fired for what he's done and others shouldn't be going along with his terrible decisions.
    I'm so ready for Sage to lead the intelligence part.

I actually hope they link Beast’s current personality to Dark Beast somehow. Be it a final gift before his death or Beast was resurrected and got merged with Dark Beast’s personality or it’s really Dark Beast’s mind in our Hank’s body...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He has no qualifications to interrogate anyone, so Wolverine and Jean (who do) don't let him participate. But it's natural for Beast to believe that he can do anything.

For the "leading the CIA" part, Beast was part of the Secret Avengers.
    I didn’t know that about Beast and the Secret Avengers. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I didn’t know that about Beast and the Secret Avengers. Thanks!
    He joined the Secret Avengers founded by Captain America shortly after being extremely angry at Cyclops for secretly founding the X-Force.

I don't think he ever saw the irony of the situation. Or when he covered Wolverine's Uncanny X-Force so the Avengers wouldn't discover it and it would affect the Jean Grey School.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy to see Jean getting (hopefully) some focus in X-Force again. Hoping that we will get some cool psychic integration art sequences while Jean pokes around Colossus' mind.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

More jean being a bully, terrorizing Colossus whom she’s always seemed to be annoyed by. Maybe it’s cuz he tried to brain her on the moon that one time.

As much as I enjoyed XoS I couldn't wait for it to be over to get back to X-force. I want to see this story progress. I want to know what is up with Quire, the cerebro sword, Xeno, Mikhail, etc. I want to see what is up with Colossus. I'm thinking Colossus may be compromised but he doesn't realize it, but we'll see. I do want to see more interaction between Beast and Jean. I love those two as close friends (see: Morrison era) but I am digging what is going on here (though I hope one day Beast can be redeemed and a little less messy).

I said it in the Jean thread but Jean violating an x-man's mind.. you just love to see it.

Also I agree with whoever said that compared to S.W.O.R.D the mutant CIA seems so small. We need a better and formal structure. We need more members. We need uniforms and a proper base of operations. There is so much more we could be doing than this bear bones operation - not to say that I don't love X-force... I do but they have a lot of room to grow and expand.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 12-12-2020 at 11:01 AM. Reason: word choices ugh

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I think it's a flashback since the very last scene of X-Force #12 before XoS showed Jean arriving to the interrogation
    With Piotr and OR tied up next to each other, yes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Why is everyone being such a dick to Colossus? I don't get it.
    coz he's Russian, and it's that sort of season

Astonishing Member

Can we get dark beast instead, he had better moral standards and was more fun

Cassara's art is so dope! I normally go for the Pepe Larraz's and Olivier Coipel's, but Cassara's stuff is beautiful! Looking forward to picking this up!

Beast is insufferable now, I love it.